Now it's a area denial weapon. When you want to disrupt others leveling, you can just spam fusion cannon until they get seizure : )

The flash is simply too much, espcecially for the cannons. Everybody hates it. No one uses these weapons because of that reason. I even saw people apologize for it in the chat if they had one at popular level spots.

Neocron Citizen

I love ... no LOVE the fusion cannon, have allways done that from way back, as my tank its my favourite weapon only for the looks of the projectile (face it there isnt much else to love about it)...
    That beeing said, yes the effect at impact is really unpleasant to the extent that i chose to not use it among others.
    The same goes for the drone version aswell.

Im guessing there isnt many that would object to changing it.
    Im not a graphics artist so i cant say but wouldnt it be possible to change just the impact effect.
    Although i might get flack for this ill suggest an effect from a game i used to play
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOt8wVcMmjg
    At the beginning of that video there is a caster casting and the impact is pretty cool and i think the effect could suit a fusion ball...
    Might want to tone the size down a bit or else it would be a bit disturbing but..
    (Yeah i know the game played it and its the second of my long time MMO love's... We all know what the first one is)

/Surfer

so, while the fusion flash for rifles and pistols are quite nice, would it be possible to replace the cannon/drone visual effects? maybe one of our devs could give us an estimate?

this has been said time and time again for AGES. for some sadistic reason, this simply won't be addressed. maybe it's hard.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark here but maybe the problem is weapon effects can't be changed in neocron without adding a new weapon, all the current weapons with this effect that currently exist in people's inventories would have to be removed and replaced by the new versions somehow. I'm probably way off, does anyone remember something like this being done before, a weapon's graphical effect getting changed in a patch?

Edit: What the hell, I may as well continue my pointless job...

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...-drones-effect

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...on-cannons-pls

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...cannon-effects

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...-Fusion-Cannon <--- I found the real reason it hasn't been changed! Nidhogg likes the flash, the devs are too scared to change it.
    Last edited by hatmankh; 25-09-13 at 20:42.

I like "MY" fusion effect :P

You have been heared for a long time. We can not* change the fusion effect for some technical reasons yet.

*Doesn't mean we really can't, and i allready replaced it, but it hase some side effects that needs to be addressed first.

I still love the not-so-tactical flashbang...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xortag View Post
    You have been heared for a long time. We can not* change the fusion effect for some technical reasons yet.

*Doesn't mean we really can't, and i already replaced it, but it has some side effects that need to be addressed first.
    an answer at least. that's more than we got from "old" KK. thank you, and lets hope theres a chance for improvement soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOt8wVcMmjg
    At the beginning of that video there is a caster casting and the impact is pretty cool and i think the effect could suit a fusion ball...
    IMHO it'd fit more "Dark Matter Implosion Cannon" : )

The retina-melting flash is in fact very accurate effect for any high density energy release. It's just another example when real life physics don't live up to expectations.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesTCK7dn78

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    IMHO it'd fit more "Dark Matter Implosion Cannon" : )
    Void Eld 4tw...
    ------------------------------------

To explain the fusion effect a bit:

Fire Animation -> Travel-Animation -> Impact Animation

When you fire, the orb is traveling to the target as a dynamic light and a animated texture. At the time of impact, a quad animation is starting. One part of that animation is a rendered fullscreen effect, causing the whole screen to flash. The other 3 parts of that animation show the implode effect.

Neocrons particle FX system is not well documented yet, thus making it difficult to fix the animation quickly. But you can expect a change to the fusion effect in one of the next testserver patches.

When you fire, the orb is traveling to the target as a dynamic light and a animated texture. At the time of impact, a quad animation is starting. One part of that animation is a rendered fullscreen effect, causing the whole screen to flash. The other 3 parts of that animation show the implode effect.
    i noticed that the overly entusiastic fullscreen impact flash doesnt happen if the target/impact is somewhat distant (distance: inside el farid underground rooms) - even as there is an impact as you can see from rising damage numbers. so there should be 2 different animation chains. is it possible to use the "distant animation series" for near cannon/drone hits as well?

Void Eld 4tw...
    ------------------------------------

To explain the fusion effect a bit:

Neocrons particle FX system is not well documented yet, thus making it difficult to fix the animation quickly. But you can expect a change to the fusion effect in one of the next testserver patches.
    the screen only ever flashes, if you have los to the point of impact. a quick fix would be setting the los calculation when displaying it to always return false. you save calc time because you don't have to calculate los and we get rid of the abysmal effect. win win.

Whatever great ideas we come up with, this:
    Neocrons particle FX system is not well documented yet, thus making it difficult to fix the animation quickly.
    means they don't have a way to implement them.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    ...doesnt happen if the target/impact is somewhat distant...
    on re-testing my thesis: nope. distance will take away the sound, not the flash. more ideas, please.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast