Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Lightbulb [MERGED] Fusion Weapon Flash Effect

Ok so maybe its not a game changing thought but its not a bug so I figure its best placed here.

Its quite a common thought from my game experiences but I definitely think the white screen should be toned down somewhat on the fusion cannons back to say how it was in dare I say it NC1 - not because of nostalgia but because it genuinely didnt half blind you until your eyes get used to it

Yes please. I do not want epilepsy.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Yes please. I do not want epilepsy.
    You don't get epilepsy from flashing lights. Flashing lights can induce a fit if you already have it. Let me know if you have epilepsy and I will arrange for your accounts to be closed for your own safety.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

ahahaha vote for renaming the fusion cannon

Seriously why do the DEV go around changing weapon sounds before changing visual effects that can hurt people's eye ??

Nidhogg, please tell me what do you guys not understand about this simple, legit request ?

Jokingly offering to terminate an account as a reply in BRAINPORT, that's TROLLING by my standards.

Can you stop the attitude and be useful and give us an answer instead ?

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Just addressing your mistaken belief that Neocron can give you epilepsy if you didn't already have it as there are legal implications . Personally I like that flash, but it's not my decision in any case. Devs will process the thread and make their own decisions.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks.

Hope it gets taken seriously as this is a feature that has been known to even being exploited in a PVP scenario.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I want that thing gone too. Last week I had a serious condition with my eyes after an operation, and there are other conditions too that make eyes light sensitive. And let me tell you, that flash really hurts in such conditions. I still am hurt sometimes when I have normal sight, because of the fast switching between very light and very dark when playing in certain areas.
    Its just not nice.
    A normal flash as other weapons have (When suddenly a bright ball is visible on the screen) is enough, there doesn't need to be a white frame put into your eyes.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I already said it in the last thread: NO! Leave dat thing in da game! Not-so-tactical-flashbang!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

How many threads about this with almost everyone posting in them agreeing with it do we need before it gets changed?

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...-drones-effect

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...on-cannons-pls

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...cannon-effects

Irony. today we decided we are going to do OP fight with shitty weapons.

I get the summer leech and malediction. Dude, the white flash, it hurts your eyes.

Nidhogg, try and go leveling with this thing for an hour.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Default making FC battle drones viable again

i remembered complaints about excessive brightness while using FC (fusion AoE) battle drones, so i tested some. it's true, the weapon effect is too bright, it nearly hurts your eyes. question: is it possible to remove the after-flash (white-screen effect) from FC battle drones, or replace the weapon effect by a more cannon-like one? it's not an important issue, but it should be possible to improve the drone experience a lot just by flipping a flag in the code (to: off). any comments from the comm?

The cannon is just as bad.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I have little problem with that, but I can confirm: an awful lot of ppl have a big one : )

Every couple months we get at least one new thread about this, I used to post in them whenever I saw them and link to all the other threads about it. I also am annoyed by the effect, I don't know why it hasn't been removed yet but I can think of 2 possibilities.

1. Not enough players are complaining about it for it to show up on the team's radar.

2. Removing or changing it is more difficult than it should be and so other higher priority things are worked on instead.

I think it's number one or something else I haven't thought of.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast