I'm offended by the Black Ivory GM name. It's obviously some sick twist on a racial slur.

Can it please be changed as well ?

Lets just blow this out of proportion for the sake of it...

Nordic mythology isn't a lived religion and I guess therefore ppl won't feel offended. I don't know one gaming company which allowes naming your character after a figure from any major religion. Guess why? To prevent mindless crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I'm offended by the Black Ivory GM name. It's obviously some sick twist on a racial slur.

Can it please be changed as well ?
    No, see again and try to understand:
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...les-of-Conduct

9. You may not use character names or organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy, as long as they are related to races, religions, ethnic groups or other subjects which exist in reality.
    BlackIvory
    Customer Support
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

- Server-Mum -
    Neocron Inventory

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post

In the end it doesn't matter. The GM team has asked that the character be renamed and the GM team has the last word.
    Well at least you admit that community input doesn't matter in the end. Congratulations with your last word.

did you just add that? ^^ I've read the RoC when the thread started and I could bet it wasn't there... Or I simply overlooked it.

9. You may not use character names or organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy, as long as they are related to races, religions, ethnic groups or other subjects which exist in reality
    Guilds... c'mon. Please change it to clans

I feel like i'm playing in communist russia right now
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

i don't understand how jesus is "anti-religious". it's EXACTLY the opposite. wtf do i not get here? i mean i do understand why these rules are there, but you gotta be seriously considering where you draw the line and start to piss off people for real.

There shouldn't be a problem with the name Jesus; after all it's a popular first name in Spain & many Latin American countries..
    However if the character was called Jesus Christ, then that would be another matter, and relevant to the rules of conduct that you posted.

Sorry, but it seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me.
    *shrugs*
    I LIKE YOU!
    (when i rule the world your deaths will be swift and painless)

Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Back for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIvory View Post
    No, see again and try to understand:
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...les-of-Conduct
    You seem to be the one struggling to understand. Perhaps you shouldn't condescend to other forums users so as to not look quite so foolish when it becomes readily apparent that you did not read the Rules of Conduct.

The Rules of Conduct state 'anti-religious'. Jesus is not anti religious. Jesus sucks, jesus is gay, Jesus etc etc are anti-religious. Jesus itself is simply not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Snow View Post
    The Rules of Conduct state 'anti-religious'. Jesus is not anti religious. Jesus sucks, jesus is gay, Jesus etc etc are anti-religious. Jesus itself is simply not.
    But maybe a racist? http://www.antisupernatural.com/jesustheracist.html

But anyway don't you think that some religious groups see it as offensive then *Jesus* is killing people and sell drugs?
    This is for me in some kind of *anti-religious* of the player who name his char like this! The team should delete this char without any further question ...

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

There must be something in the water tonight. :/

Jesus is not an acceptable character name in Neocron. It might be in Spain or Mexico, but Neocron is not set in Spain or Mexico. Also, this thread should not have been opened in the first place since the matter was settled in the last one.

Thread closed.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12