Default Very controversial idea to remove ppus

Again this is not a thread demanding at this stage is a open discussion on what people think about it.

Basically more and more I've just found myself annoyed when a ppu shows up as it means either the enemy or my allies will be getting buffs and just be far to much for the enemy to handle making the fighting boring. Yes sometimes the enemy is awful and you can overcome the ppu but generally this isn't the case, and even if you kill a few of them unless the ppu is also awful they will get a rezz.

All the ppu does in my eyes is make pvp more annoying when they show up as fights last a ridiculously long amount of time, they become unfair most of the time, and you can end up being dependent on how good your ppu is as if the enemy ppu is hitting every anti buff and heal while yours isn't then you've lost the fight through no fault of your own (again assuming equal skill level between you and the person you were fighting).

As I'm sure people realise most of this is based around fighting in pp1, OP would be a different kettle of fish and could perhaps require a rework if they did this (OP fights indeed as I type this I realise are the main issue against it unless people can think up reasons to the contrary). One solution would be to make it so when attacking the OP first of all you need to (or can) hack the GR which gives you're clan or allies the ability to GR to it for say and hour so if people die they can return quickly. This would not only solve the problem of fights ending very quickly if people slowly die but also add a whole new element of OP fighting as you would need to have a poker there and keep the GR room safe. They could also make it so you get less SI when you GR to a GR that has been hacked by your clan/faction/allies.

Of course this would also mean pve would need a rework (which is does anyway) as right now you cannot pve without a ppu apart from by exploiting however this if anything would also be a good thing as it limits the ability to get essential gear like rares to those who either know the exploits or have a clan to help them.

Finally the apu could be given the rezz and a lower level heal, the heal because right now I believe the apu has no way to self heal so removing the ppu would mean they would need some kind of self heal even if it is only a minor one in the same vane as the heal other people have, one to heal after a fight but not to much use in it. As for the rezz, thats more of an idea as rezzing is the only handy thing the ppu has I would hate to loose as it makes dueling without NF possible and is also useful for pve, that said though it might also end up making the apu the essential character for pve as well.

Well those are my thoughts and ideas, feel free to show support, alter ideas, or shoot them down as you will.

Edit: Additional idea, instead of removing the ppu they could alter is so their buffs are only 50% effective against players (or perhaps less) this way ppus would have a place in pvp but not the huge place they have right now being basically equal to another 2 or 3 people joining the fight.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Too long didnt read?

I want to make another rage thread because I do not like the fact that ppus are in the game.

Op fights would last two minutes without a ppu, not good fun.

The community needs to fix this issue with PPUs in pp1, not the devs.

Sorry.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

giving a apu a rez lol sure ill like a heal on the apu but apus cant even come out of a UG without 4 ionic spys laughing at them as they try a get 1 apoc shot off before getting owned let alone standing there and rezin someone

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

give APUs back the antibuff thus givign them a purpose as well as ppus maybe make it shorter casting too, also as mentioned earlier give APUs some sort of self cast only shields like nanites

this is why I thought about giving the apu the rez as it wouldn't be a easy thing which a rez shouldn't be.

As for william don't comment if your not going to even bother to read it

i also didnt read because as youve proven time and time again you post from the hip

Is this forum full of nothing but trolls? well hopefully some people who want to add to the discussion will post as well.

we're not trolling you, we're trying to give you some sort of filter because your ideas are only whines formed out of in game frustration - posting for the sake of it or posting because something pisses you off is how naming no names some people managed to instigate bad changes to NC2 and NC2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    we're not trolling you, we're trying to give you some sort of filter because your ideas are only whines formed out of in game frustration - posting for the sake of it or posting because something pisses you off is how naming no names some people managed to instigate bad changes to NC2 and NC2.2

This.

For the record I read your post. I added the ? to aim it at other people. It is a long whiney and therefore bad post about a bad idea that was ill-conceived in another bad post elsewhere.

In case you havent picked up on it, I am against the idea totally.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

You see now you are basically trolling as this is by no means a whiney bad post its actually a post where I even say its a discussion and put forward ideas, you to counter them say *I didn't read it* followed by *its a whiney bad post*. How about you point out bits and why you think it wont work? Do you think debating teams win by saying *and as my rebuttal I would like to say you sir are whiney, that is all*

Removing PPU's is not just overkill it's borderline insanity
    Tweaking or toning down is perhaps needed but then that still needs to balance against high end mob damage i.e MC5.
    A step back towards is giving APU the antishield again.
    I remember in the opwars of old the APU's casting it and you had to protect the APU's whilst they were antishielding which was a nice tactical edge to the battle - the weakest defence gets to take away the strongest defence and you have to look after that guy/gal until the anti is done.
    Only issue at the time was the speed that the ppu could rebuff (seconds) it needs to force a significant amount of time that the shield is down or weakened or the cast time sped up.

giving antis to apu at his current state would completely destroy every bit of fun left in pvp, because apus would just be prime targets. they would fall in the first few seconds and then no one would be left casting antis on invulnerable ppus, which would just keep on rezzing until everyone runs out of psi and sta boosters. spies would become even more op and so on.

if you give them a self cast shield it would have to be much more potent than a ppu shield to make him last enough to get an anti out. go figure what that would do to the class. not quite sure if you thought that through. the only thing that could work to some extend, is making antis level 30 psi spells.

tl;dr
    antis on apus would destroy pvp.

putting antis on apus would decrease the level of ppus in pvp and increase the level of apus full stop.

the main problem that needs to be addressed is apu defence

how about a stealth spell and a short cast time on the antis?
    Last edited by eNTi; 12-06-13 at 16:22.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    giving antis to apu at his current state would completely destroy every bit of fun left in pvp, because apus would just be prime targets. they would fall in the first few seconds and then no one would be left casting antis on invulnerable ppus, which would just keep on rezzing until everyone runs out of psi and sta boosters. spies would become even more op and so on.

if you give them a self cast shield it would have to be much more potent than a ppu shield to make him last enough to get an anti out. go figure what that would do to the class. not quite sure if you thought that through. the only thing that could work to some extend, is making antis level 30 psi spells.

tl;dr
    antis on apus would destroy pvp.
    In an OP war situation as a primary APU player this is the case anyway, while attack rating is still high, unlike every other class you have to physically click on a hit box to cast, if you miss click you have then to deal with a fizzle before you cast again.

Every other class can effectively spray and pray, with at least some shots having chance of hitting. If you're good enough as APU you can maintain your target, but with such a low freq every class can out damage you, if not with initial damage, but with DOTs (which apu's no longer have)

I appreciate my post is off topic, but I keep getting rage about how broken my favourite class is.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast