Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    OT bullshit
    [ edited ] stop trying to derail this thread into removing PPUs - taking them out of game means opfights last 4 seconds and the UG whoring will be even more ridiculous and also weigh massively in favour of the defending team because they have somewhere to hide and the attackers dont

theres one reason [ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 13-06-13 at 11:07. Reason: Flaming

Enti and Diablo, this is not a fight that you must win.

Writing countless postings and threads does not mean your opinion is the most valid or the most important.

Please remember that we are here to make Neocron better and not to suit it to any individual need.

You two are starting to spam the Brainport and you are also starting to massively disturb good threads like this one with your personal crusades.

Please take a step back and calm down.

I'm starting to feel this forum is full of trolls and as such I hope they don't pay attention to it, the only post I've made that wasn't properly thought out was the 1 on pistols the others have all been ideas I've put forward with reasons why I think they would work. Is that not what the brainport is for? or is it meant to be a place where people put down ideas that YOU agree with, is that your idea of what its for maybe?.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    I'm starting to feel this forum is full of trolls and as such I hope they don't pay attention to it, the only post I've made that wasn't properly thought out was the 1 on pistols the others have all been ideas I've put forward with reasons why I think they would work. Is that not what the brainport is for? or is it meant to be a place where people put down ideas that YOU agree with, is that your idea of what its for maybe?.
    Dude posting some bs about how ion pistols are good against players legs in a PVE thread is probably the single biggest dumb post here.

The thread starter is talking about levelling. He wants to improve PVE.

I hate to sound like a broken record here but seriously now NC1 PVE was the most balanced it could be. There was no need to make all of these changes. The damage was good, the new changes with locational damage have made things different sure and on average people now have more hp so perhaps the damage needed to be tuned up from what it was before but not by this much!

It needs to be scaled back across the board.

The PPU should get XP every time someone damages something he db'ed in my opinion. This would get him working, dbing mobs all over the place and healing and buffing as well. He gets xp from when people get hit by his shields I believe currently but if he could actually have an "offensive" weapon like the damage boost he would be a LOT more fun to play in my mind.

The ppu is the ultimate social leveller. He needs his mates to level with and they should need him. This gets the social interaction of NC going more. You do NOT need a clan to join to be a ppu. You can make plenty of friends as an LE'd ppu its just that you cannot buff the non LE'd (for obvious reasons) however you are more attractive a new friend if you are a ppu.

However this incessant whinging from you about forum trolls (2 posts in this thread) and your previous admission about posting while angry coupled in with your completely missing the point of the thread and getting so worked up just to make a post just makes me tune out from your threads and posts.

Back to the OP anyway.

Dude I think your ideas are good and this is a healthy discussion.

Personally I would like to see more droppable weapons in the world. As in Storm Lasers/Judgement Day Launchers etc. I would like to see some droppable pistols and rifles and more armour too. Not just Titan Vest and VK vest. We had a thread about that a while ago too. I want to see something for everyone out there in the wastelands and not easy to get. I want it to be tough to get these weapons and make people feel like theyve earned them. I would also like them to be a step into pvp for the mid level players. A stop gap to the rares for both PVE and PVP tbh.

I wanna see people get rewards for doing pve not just the rare parts they get and I want to see more people getting involved in bringing these ideas up.

This game has a lot of potential as there is a lot of fun to be had in the crafting side of things (making slotted weapons I mean) and the more fun people have the more they will play.

At the end of the day its all about the players.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Dude posting some bs about how ion pistols are good against players legs in a PVE thread is probably the single biggest dumb post here.

The thread starter is talking about levelling. He wants to improve PVE.

I hate to sound like a broken record here but seriously now NC1 PVE was the most balanced it could be. There was no need to make all of these changes. The damage was good, the new changes with locational damage have made things different sure and on average people now have more hp so perhaps the damage needed to be tuned up from what it was before but not by this much!

It needs to be scaled back across the board.

The PPU should get XP every time someone damages something he db'ed in my opinion. This would get him working, dbing mobs all over the place and healing and buffing as well. He gets xp from when people get hit by his shields I believe currently but if he could actually have an "offensive" weapon like the damage boost he would be a LOT more fun to play in my mind.

The ppu is the ultimate social leveller. He needs his mates to level with and they should need him. This gets the social interaction of NC going more. You do NOT need a clan to join to be a ppu. You can make plenty of friends as an LE'd ppu its just that you cannot buff the non LE'd (for obvious reasons) however you are more attractive a new friend if you are a ppu.

However this incessant whinging from you about forum trolls (2 posts in this thread) and your previous admission about posting while angry coupled in with your completely missing the point of the thread and getting so worked up just to make a post just makes me tune out from your threads and posts.

Back to the OP anyway.

Dude I think your ideas are good and this is a healthy discussion.

Personally I would like to see more droppable weapons in the world. As in Storm Lasers/Judgement Day Launchers etc. I would like to see some droppable pistols and rifles and more armour too. Not just Titan Vest and VK vest. We had a thread about that a while ago too. I want to see something for everyone out there in the wastelands and not easy to get. I want it to be tough to get these weapons and make people feel like theyve earned them. I would also like them to be a step into pvp for the mid level players. A stop gap to the rares for both PVE and PVP tbh.

I wanna see people get rewards for doing pve not just the rare parts they get and I want to see more people getting involved in bringing these ideas up.

This game has a lot of potential as there is a lot of fun to be had in the crafting side of things (making slotted weapons I mean) and the more fun people have the more they will play.

At the end of the day its all about the players.
    As I already said my mentioning of pistols was due to him saying pistols are useless and not clarifying in what way he meant.

I said I made 1 angry post, are you honestly saying I am the first person ever to post in anger? are you the picture of perfection who has never done it? As going on about trolls what do you expect me to call it when you post in a thread I made containing a list of ideas and potential changes *Too long didnt read?

I want to make another rage thread because I do not like the fact that ppus are in the game.*

Do you think that is constructive or helpful to the thread? And there other cases though these could be idiocy like people saying hacking doesn't exist and that you can easily fire 4-6 ions in a row without a reload when it requires either nigh on perfect timing, all the guns having the same frequency or a macro. The main thing I see from you really is either agreeing with people or if you don't saying people are whining, which is not constructive at all. And of course lets not forget my mentioning the ppu was linked to the thread as it was about how most pve seems to be balanced around needing a ppu, other people derailed it by screaming about the idea to remove them.

As for the thread Indeed pve needs a bit change, I realise its a MMO but there should be the option to hunt alone if you wish but right now thats just not possible unless you exploit or have a ppu. I'm ok with some of the caves needing a team as they sort of act like dungeons, but you should be able to rare hunts and what not alone without needing to exploit.

The problem with dropping guns is we have a whole economy based around that, you buy a gun then you get a bp made and construct it, the only way dropping guns could work is if they are entirely different guns which also need to be bps then consted otherwise you are basically making all low level consters and ressers redundant.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

why not drop guns that are of a low quality i.e bad etc so saves the money cost of buying the wep but still probably will get resd and cstd

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    why not drop guns that are of a low quality i.e bad etc so saves the money cost of buying the wep but still probably will get resd and cstd
    this I would be fine with, it could even be cool to get guns monsters use such as the aggressor gun or such things, perhaps even have monsters like grims drop parts you can either add to guns or turn into new cool monster trophy guns. However the guns must be low quality until bpd and the monster trophy guns would need to be similar to rares so they could be a cool idea but pointless as we already have rares (unless people fancy suggesting other ways to implement them)

Back in NC1 there were weapons in warbots when you looted them. Everybody laughed at the quality and when it was time to research them they would be lazy and buy it near Plaza. And if I'm not mistaken some of them were even rares with crappy stats, I don't believe we need useless items that nobody will actually pick up (imo)
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

They were removed very early and no rares dropped.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Question:
    Why should a player be able to solo a mob of higher level than themselves without considerable risk?

A hopper is /66 (?), why should it be easy for a capped char to down one?

Warbots are twenty levels above a capped char, why do people expect them to drop like flies?
    Even on a pistol char I have no problem with WBs as they are at them moment. Do you want to be able to stand in front of them and plug away until it dies with no chance of dying?

Obviously this raises questions about the viability of solo leveling (including but not restricted to risk, xp and loot/reward), but then this is an MMO, isn't the team supposed to be something greater than the sum of it's parts?

Dribbles raises a point, in which case the issue could be that the mobs don't drop loot appropriate for their level, a grim for example can drop only 1 rare part and give 5k for a kill but thats pretty much worthwhile if its a solo kill not for a group... The effort it takes to kill these monsters compared to the reward is the real issue I'd say.

also it would be nice to have places people could hunt solo though.
    Last edited by DIABLO666; 13-06-13 at 01:39.

Neallys pretty much nailed it. You have to outrange mobs or somehow avoid taking damage, because mobs do so much damage.

I disagree that caves (chaos, swamp, grave, el farid) should require a PPU. You should be able to solo them, but it should take considerably longer. A PPU should simply make it easier or comfortable and faster to clear a cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Neallys View Post
    I don't feel like trading is that active.
    I agree, very few people are selling rare weapons and stuff in general.

All this talk about monks is off topic.
    This thread talks about PVE and pistols are a joke when it comes to PVE, end of story! How could you not get that he is talking about PVE? LOL

Easily because all he said was *pistols are a joke* he didn't say *pistols are a joke in pve*

Easily because all he said was *pistols are a joke* he didn't say *pistols are a joke in pve*
    Context!
    Well this thread is about PVE, so next time give it a bit more thought. :P

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Context!
    Well this thread is about PVE, so next time give it a bit more thought. :P
    And yet we are discussing something other than pve here... not every post in a thread is strictly and completely about the title

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast