Default The Quad (and other indestructible vhcs)

The Quad completely misses its point of being a noob vehicle atm.

It's almost as fast or faster as any other vhc (except aircraft). It's very easy/cheap to get. It has lower reqs than any other vhc.
    Those points alone make it the best choice of vehicle for even high level players and therefor the result is that almost none of the other vehicles are used.

But the main problem is, that it cannot be destroyed and can be respawned with no penalty. This allows a playstyle that doesnt fit the normal Neocron experience of a harsh world where you have to watch out for yourself and your belongings.
    At almost every busy place around the wastlands a few quads are parked, and if you meet another runner they never care for their quad.

My suggestion would be to give the quad a requirement like dexlvl < 60.

We are the CityMercs

Negative Requirement sounds interesting. There are so many vehicles in NC, but quads are used all the time.

Dex req of 60 would just stop low level people using it and still make it the only vehicle higher rank people use, it needs to be slowed down a bit or something so other vehicles are better and perhaps take a day to respawn when its blown up so people want to avoid that happening
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Totally agreed with OP, I was waiting to discuss about that since a while !

That quad is so fast, so maneuverable and can go through anything. And when you arrive, you just blow it up yourself to make it respawn in ASG. This sounds not good at all !
    I didn't see any other bikes since the quad went in NC !

There gotta be something to do to so that other vehicules are still interesting to drive... (like the chain bike, speed bike, hovetech bike, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    The Quad completely misses its point of being a noob vehicle atm.

It's almost as fast or faster as any other vhc (except aircraft). It's very easy/cheap to get. It has lower reqs than any other vhc.
    Those points alone make it the best choice of vehicle for even high level players and therefor the result is that almost none of the other vehicles are used.

But the main problem is, that it cannot be destroyed and can be respawned with no penalty. This allows a playstyle that doesnt fit the normal Neocron experience of a harsh world where you have to watch out for yourself and your belongings.
    At almost every busy place around the wastlands a few quads are parked, and if you meet another runner they never care for their quad.

My suggestion would be to give the quad a requirement like dexlvl < 60.
    you say it misses the point of being a noob vhc and then you suggest 60+ dex requirement.. riight.
    But you are right.. it is too good vhc atm..only because it cost like 400-500nc to get back when destroyed(+ its fast enough and low requirements on vhc skill). If you use any other vhc it will cost alot since people will be blowing them up everytime possible.. so no point using any other vhc atm.
    Id like to see all the vehicles used.. there are some cool vehicles nobody uses.

Maybe if you wouldnt have to build a new one when its destroyed.. maybe if you could return the other vehicles same way as quad atm.. not with same cost.. higher cost obviously. A cost which would annoy a little but not a cost that would make you go broke..

totally agree. quad is imba.

i suggest make it permanently destroyable after someone uses it with a base rank of 30+.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    totally agree. quad is imba.

i suggest make it permanently destroyable after someone uses it with a base rank of 30+.
    i kind of like your idea.. it would help new players or noob characters and after that 30lvl mark it would be on the same line as other vehicles.
    but I think this would just make people use the next epic.

The REAL Walker

Well to be honest Theres a problem with a few of the Jones items.. PE stealth anyone?
    A noob reward that is NEEDED at endgame is just a bad idea IMO.

I do like (and use) the Quad in its current form, but yes, it is a bit too fast and way too cheap to repair.
    It does however only have about half the Health of the Chaincraft V.1
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I think the OP meant that you cannot use the vehicle past dex 60.... Thats the way I read it with the < sign anyway.

This would just mean that monks can use it all of the time and noone else could at cap.

Personally I would prefer the quad respawn value was increased dramatically. If it truly is indestructible and it can be repaired for a fixed fee this fixed fee should scale with rank. As a noob money is tight and 500nc is good for them.

To a capped player it should be more like 25k to pay to get your quad back. You make this money in no time levelling or firemobbing or whatever else you want to do and it is more realistic.

The cheapest vehicle is 90k I believe - make it cheaper than that and you are on to a winner!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I agree.
    I tested the vehicles once
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...hlight=vehicle
    and it just shows that the quad is faaaaar to good. First vehicle to get, better than all else since no cost to repair.

Indestructible Vehicles should really be high cost to repair, and additionally more if it was destroyed, as William Antrim suggests. And the first vehicle everyone gets should under no circumstances be the nearly best one around in performance even if it costs to repair it.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post

To a capped player it should be more like 25k to pay to get your quad back. You make this money in no time levelling or firemobbing or whatever else you want to do and it is more realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    and it just shows that the quad is faaaaar to good. First vehicle to get, better than all else since no cost to repair.

Indestructible Vehicles should really be high cost to repair, and additionally more if it was destroyed, as William Antrim suggests. And the first vehicle everyone gets should under no circumstances be the nearly best one around in performance even if it costs to repair it.
    Support it! High repair costs for capped chars is a very good idea. Make it even 100k. I love the quad so I dont wanna lose it, but then it should be payed for accordingly.

I think the OP meant that you cannot use the vehicle past dex 60.... Thats the way I read it with the < sign anyway.

This would just mean that monks can use it all of the time and noone else could at cap.
    That's what I wanted to say.

I noticed the problem with the monks shortly after the post as well. So it would probably be better to make it a requirement, that your base rank is lower than 40 or 30.

I think 25k to get your vehicle back is far too little, since you make that money in no time, and it would fit Neocron's atmosphere much more if you had to watch out for your vehicles. (though it would probably be ok as an addition nerf to the quad, when you still add the "baserank<xx" requirement)

i'd not fix this problem with money. until the money exploits and the economy is fixed we need to find a fair way to balance the items.

The money sink provides an added drain on money in the economy. That is the sole reason I suggested it. Anything that drains money is good. 100k is too much. You can buy a new vehicle for less.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I have to admit that my chars almost exclusively use the jones quad and every once in a while I will use the observer. The reason for this being the low requirements to use the quad.

The money sink provides an added drain on money in the economy. That is the sole reason I suggested it. Anything that drains money is good. 100k is too much. You can buy a new vehicle for less.
    Make it 50k then and leave it as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    money exploits
    eNTi what the fuck are you talking about? Farming is an exploit? Running research missions is an exploit? Trading is an exploit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast