Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    eNTi what the fuck are you talking about? Farming is an exploit? Running research missions is an exploit? Trading is an exploit?
    i'm talking about a known exploit that currently fucks the economy good. so relying on a "fair fee" for repair costs is relative. i can't talk about the exploit naturally, i just hope the devs fix it soon and ban people using it.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i'm talking about a known exploit that currently fucks the economy good. so relying on a "fair fee" for repair costs is relative. i can't talk about the exploit naturally, i just hope the devs fix it soon and ban people using it.
    I hope you've reported the report by using the exploit e-mail adresse

Well I dont know what exploit you are talking about, but if you know of any its your responsibility to report it if you want it fixed.
    You dont need exploits to get crazy rich tho and I believe its only a minority that knows and uses the exploit you mean. Obviously those who do use it should be banned.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    I agree.
    I tested the vehicles once
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...hlight=vehicle
    and it just shows that the quad is faaaaar to good. First vehicle to get, better than all else since no cost to repair.

Indestructible Vehicles should really be high cost to repair, and additionally more if it was destroyed, as William Antrim suggests. And the first vehicle everyone gets should under no circumstances be the nearly best one around in performance even if it costs to repair it.
    As your testing pointed out many of the vehicles simply suck. The Jones quad is currently a bit too fast but its handling is fine. In fact its the only vehicle that actually handles decently, others should be made comparable in regards to handling.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    As your testing pointed out many of the vehicles simply suck. The Jones quad is currently a bit too fast but its handling is fine. In fact its the only vehicle that actually handles decently, others should be made comparable in regards to handling.
    Reveler handles fine, barbie car handles fine, bike handles fine, chaincraft/hovertech handle fine. However, I think the only focus on vehicles right now should be making them relevant again. Uber balancing and tweaking of this nature (let's be honest, the Quad is one of the smallest problems -if it is a problem at all- this game has) can be done later after the more glaring issues (i.e. APUs, high tl non rare weapons, hit detection on beam weapons) are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    Reveler handles fine, barbie car handles fine, bike handles fine, chaincraft/hovertech handle fine. However, I think the only focus on vehicles right now should be making them relevant again. Uber balancing and tweaking of this nature (let's be honest, the Quad is one of the smallest problems -if it is a problem at all- this game has) can be done later after the more glaring issues (i.e. APUs, high tl non rare weapons, hit detection on beam weapons) are fixed.

this.

Yeah the reason the quad is so popular is pretty easy to see chaps.

I would be happy with a 50k repair fee on a destroyed one though. This would easily drain a few millions out of the economy in a few days. Everyone can afford that.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    this.

Yeah the reason the quad is so popular is pretty easy to see chaps.

I would be happy with a 50k repair fee on a destroyed one though. This would easily drain a few millions out of the economy in a few days. Everyone can afford that.
    this wouldn't be good for new players though. it's ought to be a newbie car, no?

this wouldn't be good for new players though. it's ought to be a newbie car, no?
    Make it increase from 500 NC to 50.000 NC depending on rank.

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Make it increase from 500 NC to 50.000 NC depending on rank.
    Scalable cost enti. Do keep up.

Thank you for pointing that out to him.

Lightbulb 100% Money back guarantee

One problem is, that you can just respawn it instead of having to go to a trader. How about this:

Make the quad break just like any other vehicle but offer players the possibility exchange the old key for a new one at the vehicle trader. "The NEXT Quad has a live time warranty for any case. Did your NEXT Quad break? Just bring your key and you will get your money back!"

Broke or new players can just get a new one and anyone can upgrade to another veh.

Even if you have a mechanism to deter higher level people from using the quad (scaling repair costs by base level, key repair via tradeskiller, unusable after given level, etc.) we still have to address the fact that the quad is simply better than just about anything currently available.

The first and main problem is it's speed: It out runs all the ground vehicles bar the hovertech (which has poor climb ability and corners awkwardly); unless you want to spec for a glider there's no other option.

Reducing it's speed to that which is useful for low level characters but not for higher ones would be a first step personally, say to x1.5 to x2 of 100 ath/agl runner.

The other vehicles could do with some speed scaling too. The chain bike is way too fast And in a straight line I'm sure it's faster than a hovertech), the regular bike might be about right and the hovertech is way too slow.

All i can say from this thread having read through it again in its entirety is I miss enti
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I would like to see more indestructable vehicles, not less.

I would like to see MORE costs involved on them though, to the tune of a few hundred thousand credits as they are a one time thing.

For example - the vehicle gets destroyed. Its gone. Currently you throw the key away and get a new vehicle.

This works out fine but what if you are cash-rich and cant be bothered to search out another player to replace said vehicle.

How about having the option to pay some exorbitant fee and get your vehicle back. No costs to other players, just a straightforward transaction from you to the NPC and you get issued a "recovered" key, or your old vehicle gets put back in service (well in your garage at least) with 1% health.

This would cost a lot of money, so 1.5x the cost of the vehicle for the convenience. This way the market still exists for vehicle traders but players can also regain their destroyed vehicles as they get lost, bugged and blown up generally.

I miss enti too. Thick-skinned fella for sure!

There should be no such thing as an indestructible vehicles. Dev's should not be protecting players from getting into a fight, emotionally involved, or concerned with consequences and rewards. LE issues, unbalanced requirements, and Dev's eliminating reasons to fight are the worst problem vehicles currently have. More risk=more possible reward based on skill----set that in stone please and by stone i mean code....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12