Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    Perhaps it could be something like kill an enemy player of your faction to gain 10sl or something (though even as I type this I realise it could sadly be exploited).
    Aint gonna happen for this exact reason.
    Make some missions like "Kill 10 ( or 20 or 30) WBs/Grims/Hoverbots (or send them to DOY to kill mobs there) and get xx SL"

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Perhaps it could be something like kill an enemy player of your faction to gain 10sl or something (though even as I type this I realise it could sadly be exploited).
    It could be possible if you would get a specific kill mission. Meaning: Kill Runner Deus. Of course there would have to be a fix that sets the target in place for quite a while so you can't switch such a mission until the right runner is the target. Or maybe you lose SL whenever you cancel such a mission or it runs out, things like that.
    I am not sure if the idea with the mission is good, or if I like it, but I guess that way it might be made to work if someone thinks it is a good idea.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    It could be possible if you would get a specific kill mission. Meaning: Kill Runner Deus. Of course there would have to be a fix that sets the target in place for quite a while so you can't switch such a mission until the right runner is the target. Or maybe you lose SL whenever you cancel such a mission or it runs out, things like that.
    I am not sure if the idea with the mission is good, or if I like it, but I guess that way it might be made to work if someone thinks it is a good idea.
    opens up to exploiting though you know 'stats padding' or killing each other one at a time

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Aint gonna happen for this exact reason.
    Make some missions like "Kill 10 ( or 20 or 30) WBs/Grims/Hoverbots (or send them to DOY to kill mobs there) and get xx SL"
    The Whole concept of forcing people to do PVE to continue PVP'ing is just wrong IMO.
    You should make Money and SL from PVP - Yes, I know how badly this would be exploited. But that is still how it should be, in a perfect World..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    opens up to exploiting though you know 'stats padding' or killing each other one at a time
    Don't know what you mean with stats padding. And I don't see how "killing each other" would work in that context.

The idea is you go to a terminal and request a PvP mission. The terminal then gives you a mission against an enemy runner at random (taking into account LE, possibly taking into account that the target is online a good part of a time, ...) Then you have a name. And you do not get rid of the name, you really must hunt THAT one. You have no choice, you can abort, but if you take a new one you get the same runner. That way you cannot simply "kill each other" maybe sometimes you are lucky, but most of the times you are not.
    The mission would not run out of time, and best would be a system that once in a while checks if its okay that it lets you hunt the target anymore (e.g. someone who wasn't online for a week is a bad target) and if no gives you a free abort. Also ideally, while on the hunt you would be informed, via chat or so, if the target is online or has gone offline (nothing more) so that you do not need a terminal to check the online status.

I repeat: You have no choice who to kill and cannot switch target, or maybe if you try switching by aborting, lose further SL.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Don't know what you mean with stats padding. And I don't see how "killing each other" would work in that context.

The idea is you go to a terminal and request a PvP mission. The terminal then gives you a mission against an enemy runner at random (taking into account LE, possibly taking into account that the target is online a good part of a time, ...) Then you have a name. And you do not get rid of the name, you really must hunt THAT one. You have no choice, you can abort, but if you take a new one you get the same runner. That way you cannot simply "kill each other" maybe sometimes you are lucky, but most of the times you are not.
    The mission would not run out of time, and best would be a system that once in a while checks if its okay that it lets you hunt the target anymore (e.g. someone who wasn't online for a week is a bad target) and if no gives you a free abort. Also ideally, while on the hunt you would be informed, via chat or so, if the target is online or has gone offline (nothing more) so that you do not need a terminal to check the online status.

I repeat: You have no choice who to kill and cannot switch target, or maybe if you try switching by aborting, lose further SL.
    I propose that the runners chosen to be the target should be online atm and have -sl.

That would make it hard to find a target a lot of the time, often you would end up killing the same person over and over
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

What about awarding sl for killing enemy runners with a comparable combat rank to your own. Like the old epic kills. This prevents symp bitching. Say within ten levels of your own cr to gain a point or two. This would encourage PvP also.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

the difference between a /50 and a /60 is quite high though - maybe work it like it was in WoW when capped (/60+ is one tier) then /50-59 and downwards otherwise a capped player could just camp levelling spots - also killing an SI'd player would need to be negated or punished

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    the difference between a /50 and a /60 is quite high though - maybe work it like it was in WoW when capped (/60+ is one tier) then /50-59 and downwards otherwise a capped player could just camp levelling spots - also killing an SI'd player would need to be negated or punished
    With these criteria I like the idea of sl gain in PvP. It goes right along with sl loss ideally.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

They could make it so you gain sl for kills of people within say 5 ranks of you as by the end people are generally 60/65. BUT make it so people need to have GRd before you get the sl, otherwise people will just rez kill for some sl which brings us right back to sl being worthless.

They could make it so you gain sl for kills of people within say 5 ranks of you as by the end people are generally 60/65. BUT make it so people need to have GRd before you get the sl, otherwise people will just rez kill for some sl which brings us right back to sl being worthless.
    So that you get rewarded for GR ganking instead? Please no. I am not sure I follow your drift.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    So that you get rewarded for GR ganking instead? Please no. I am not sure I follow your drift.
    Well if you make it so people need to be within 5 ranks you can only get it for killing high ranking people (does GRing lower your rank for a short while? honestly never checked) as such this would mean people couldn't just make a new char to be killed. If you also make it so they need to GR before you get the sl (after they die) they can't just be rezzed then killed again as people would still find a way to exploit it with friends in enemy factions and the such.

If combined with the idea that you get given a random person to kill it would make it even harder to exploit (albeit more complex)

Too complicated.

I will make it simpler.

If you make it so that people have to gr to get the kill people will gr camp. It doesn't matter about combat ranks and all that other stuff. You would need to add a 0% si thing to gain the bonus too.

Then to get rid of the rez kill you would have to limit the bonus to once per runner per x time.

What if due to faction, I find little or no enemy runners ?

We still need a way to regain SL that is no dependant on other runners, as we have now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast