Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    personal attack i.e. a post to diminish mine rather that an on topic post

Diablo - quick point one thing can benefit more than one outcome, it benefits people who want to get to 100SL but it ALSO benefits those who want to get up to a reasonable SL level after loss
    What is a reasonable level though? 10 seems reasonable as thats how much you are given at the start, 100 seems excessive as its the maximum amount you can get. If anything this thread should be discussing the difficulty of hacking belts at different levels of sl if 100 sl is really the only reasonable amount to have. We should not instead be making it so everybody can get 100sl with almost no effort.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

This thread isnt about belt hacking, pvp, ideal SL status or OP zone gamerules :

It's about the SL gain mechanics through missions.

Right now the mechanics is anything but linear an predictable. If I were a new player, I wouldn't know what to make of it.
    The fact that the SL gain per mission changes depending on SL is not a likable feature to me, and obviously to a lot of people on the forums.

At this point I can only hope someone in the DEV team took notice and react accordingly.

Please make it a 1:1 ratio.

The idea of it changing is suppose to be so that people with low sl can get out of low sl without doing 100s of missions but so that you can't get 100sl very easily.

This seems like a perfectly reasonable and good feature to me, you don't want people being stuck at low sl forever for a mistake but you don't want them getting to top sl incredibly easily. Its sort of like somebody making a post about how when you get higher levels you need more exp to get a level so they should change it to 1 constant amount for every level so people don't get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    The idea of it changing is suppose to be so that people with low sl can get out of low sl without doing 100s of missions but so that you can't get 100sl very easily.

This seems like a perfectly reasonable and good feature to me, you don't want people being stuck at low sl forever for a mistake but you don't want them getting to top sl incredibly easily. Its sort of like somebody making a post about how when you get higher levels you need more exp to get a level so they should change it to 1 constant amount for every level so people don't get confused.
    It is nothing like that. It is pretty simple actually. Every time I complete a mission I want a soullight point.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    It is nothing like that. It is pretty simple actually. Every time I complete a mission I want a soullight point.
    And everytime I kill somebody I want a them to drop a 5 slot all arti rare gun I need in a open belt, we can't always get what we want because it unbalances the game.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

getting 1sl per mission does not in anyway unbalance the game, holster these long words until you understand what they mean - it would maybe mean that people wouldnt mind so much about going into yellow sl thats abot it

it would also make people more willing to kill their allies or neutrals which would make the whole system a bit more pointless, sl is suppose to make people not want to kill their allies and neutrals as you will be punished, if its easy to get sl you make the whole sl system a but more redundant.

You can't just suggest such sweeping changes without considering how it affects the gameplay

Measures have already been taken to fix the ally/neutral killing (so-called) issue.

I did consider how it affects gameplay, and choosed to propose my idea.

Some random forum guy cannot tell me what I can or cannot propose on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Measures have already been taken to fix the ally/neutral killing (so-called) issue.

I did consider how it affects gameplay, and choosed to propose my idea.

Some random forum guy cannot tell me what I can or cannot propose on forums.
    Tell william atrium and heavy porker that they've been trying to shut down anybody from posting things they don't agree with for a while =p. And of course I'm not trying to tell you what you can and cannot propose I mearly said you need to think through how it affects things which was actually aimed at heavy porker as he suggested he wont unbalance it at all while in fact it will change the balance of people killing their allies or neutrals. It might not do it by much but if you can get 1sl a mission all the time people will have 100sl very easily as people farm tl150 missions right now and it will be even easier to get out of having bad sl.

The whole point of the sl system was that it makes you think twice about killing an ally or a neutral, this change would make people not need to think unless they are to poor to buy tl150s in which case they wouldn't care about sl again. Also I can't help but notice you always have yellow sl in-game so it could be you are biased in this matter towards wanting it to be easier to kill allies.

Current game mechanics allow for SL gain from any type of missions though.

Rats, Aggressors, Cyclops, Ressearch etc it's all the same SL gain.

I spend a lot of time doing recycle missions, and I had a lot of time to consider the mechanics of the Missions System, which makes my points based on observations due to many, many hours of running missions.

I also spend a lot of time in PP1 fighting lately, for various reasons, and sometimes everyone fights everyone and we all lose SL and no one seems to care much about it.

It looks to me as if people seem to want to fight to have fun and are ready to cope with the fact of having to run missions to restore SL in the future.

This is where this change would come in and impact, it doesn't change anything to the fact you're gonna have to run missions, it simply smooths out the "Time Running Missions" vs "Time Fighting Neutral/Allies" balance.

The PP1 fights arn't about ganking. To me it seems to be simply about enjoying PVP.
    Last edited by Kame; 13-06-13 at 02:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post

set it to 1:1 ratio, so that 1mission gives 1SL, no matter the char's SL status.
    Makes things more simple, I like it!
    However I do get the concern about increase ally killing. So how about only kill missions reward SL?
    That way you cant simply run a bunch of recycle or research missions in your HQ, but you might be killed while trying to fix your SL. Especially for -SL chars this would be a handicap.

You can team up for fun fights, thats what I do if I'm having a fun fight with allies or neutrals, as for missions just buy tl150 cubes and you will have more sl than you know what to do with, it takes about 5 seconds to finish a tl150 mission and you even make money doing it, 1 stack gives you about 33 sl, this change would mean 1 stack would pretty much give 100sl.

That would pretty much make sl worthless and the whole point of sl is to make you have to question if you truly want to kill an ally. And of course they have already said they are altering the sl mission system and I think bringing out anarchy breed as a faction who hates everybody so if you like to kill everybody you can join them.

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Makes things more simple, I like it!
    However I do get the concern about increase ally killing. So how about only kill missions reward SL?
    That way you cant simply run a bunch of recycle or research missions in your HQ, but you might be killed while trying to fix your SL. Especially for -SL chars this would be a handicap.

This I could go for, it means its a pain in the ass to regain sl but you know how much you get getting AND its a risk so it means people still need to worry about killing friends.

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    And everytime I kill somebody I want a them to drop a 5 slot all arti rare gun I need in a open belt, we can't always get what we want because it unbalances the game.
    [Edited]

On topic.

The soullight bonuses should be scaled according to difficulty of the mission completed. IMO.

The exception to this rule that would need to be discussed and considered is that of the Research Missions. Given the fact you can buy them easily and they give a lot of cash and xp, would it be too much that they ALSO granted 1 sl per mission as this would overinflate the cash economy?

Thoughts on that?

Kill missions should totally give you 1 sl per kill or even 1.5 every mission if chained together. This could also be done with a mission revamp where you kill for example 10 aggressors for 1 sl or 20 cyclops for 2. This would also need to be scaled accordingly.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 13-06-13 at 10:58. Reason: Flaming/Trolling
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Indeed that could work, maybe we will get lucky and part of the continued sl changes they said they are working on are new sl specific missions so instead of money or exp you earn just a large amount of sl. Perhaps it could be something like kill an enemy player of your faction to gain 10sl or something (though even as I type this I realise it could sadly be exploited).

We just need to wait and see what they do really as they have already said sl and missions are still being worked on and the last change is just part of something bigger they are working on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast