Default Change Mission SL gain

As it is, when a char is negative SL it takes 2 missions to gain 1 SL.

When a char is positive, it takes 4 missions to gain 1 SL.

I'm proposing to change it so when a char is positive SL, the Mission:SL ratio shoul stay the same. Keep the 2 missions:1SL all across the board please.

Or better yet, set it to 1:1 ratio, so that 1mission gives 1SL, no matter the char's SL status.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

The last paragraph nailed it. Nothing further to add. It was like this in nc1 so no idea why it had to change.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

1:1 ratio sounds good to me

The REAL Walker

/Signed!!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Yes, please!

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

1 mission, 1 Soullight? Really?
    I don't think 100 SL should be the norm of everyone that remotly cares about SL.
    The way it is, it is really easy to get 100 SL once because of Epics, maybe also a few times more.
    And then you should care about SL, not treat it as a resource that lets you kill allies and has to be filled up again.
    The easier it is to get, the more ally killing will be around.
    It should be in a way that makes you care about keeping it, not work to get it back. Thats the major point for it.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

i would agree if one allied kill would drop you -30 sl.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    The last paragraph nailed it. Nothing further to add. It was like this in nc1 so no idea why it had to change.
    because it didn't work?

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i would agree if one allied kill would drop you -30 sl.

because it didn't work?
    *sigh* Your comments don't work...
    Last edited by Netphreak; 12-06-13 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    *sigh* Your comments don't work...
    do i really have to spell out every obvious thing for you? what kind of argument is "it has been that way before, so there was no need to change it"? many things in nc1 didn't work. there were severe imbalances in nc1 and they tried to fix those time and time again. they had to change it because it was obviously too easy for people to gain sl? i mean that's blindingly obvious. still people seem to think going back to nostaliga days is an easy fix to all the problems.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

do i really have to spell out every obvious thing for you? what kind of argument is "it has been that way before, so there was no need to change it"? many things in nc1 didn't work. there were severe imbalances in nc1 and they tried to fix those time and time again. they had to change it because it was obviously too easy for people to gain sl? i mean that's blindingly obvious. still people seem to think going back to nostaliga days is an easy fix to all the problems.
    enti you really are an obtuse twat, what they're saying is bring certain things back in line to how they were in nc1 not because we're nostalgic but because some aspects of the game were BETTER in NC1 and that changes that occurred when NC2 and NC2.2 werent good changes

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    enti you really are an obtuse twat, what they're saying is bring certain things back in line to how they were in nc1 not because we're nostalgic but because some aspects of the game were BETTER in NC1 and that changes that occurred when NC2 and NC2.2 werent good changes
    i'm not sure why you always have to resort to insults. they do not help your argument. also, your brain doesn't work the way you think it does. of course you think the games WAS better. that's nostalgia in a nutshell. i'm not saying you can't be right. it's just that your argumentation is flawed. if you think it's an argument that something was better in the past, then no one can say for sure if you are genuine and have some good reasoning you just don't spell out or if you are tricked by your brains ability to forget / suppress negative memories from the past.

make a valid argument that doesn't include POSSIBLE nostalgia.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

i'm not sure why you always have to resort to insults. they do not help your argument. also, your brain doesn't work the way you think it does. of course you think the games WAS better. that's nostalgia in a nutshell. i'm not saying you can't be right. it's just that your argumentation is flawed. if you think it's an argument that something was better in the past, then no one can say for sure if you are genuine and have some good reasoning you just don't spell out or if you are tricked by your brains ability to forget / suppress negative memories from the past.

make a valid argument that doesn't include POSSIBLE nostalgia.
    Possible nostalgia..?
    Really are you actually trying to deny the points people are making about things working better/and actually more balanced in nc1 than now?

Resists worked, Melee, low tech pistols, rifles, heavy weapons and high tech pistols, rifles and heavy weapons were all viable options.
    Even APU's were viable

Hybrids were overpowered, no ones denying that.

On topic; 1 SL per mission worked, because it was simple and reliable.
    And if you have red SL it's still gonna take you a rather sizable amount of time to come close to 0 SL.

So how are any of those points just nostalgia?

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

ok well then let me spell it out to you, having 1 SL (that means Soulight by the way) per 1 mission (ie when you go to the citycom click the mission tab and the faction you want and mission difficultly then select what you want to do) is a much better system than the current system where it takes a few missions per SL.

If you cant understand that then you truly are touched

just because things happened in the past doesnt mean the only reason they were better was nostalgia, fucking hell seriously mate you dont half have some retarded ideas. Innovation isnt always the key to success, taking a step back and looking at how things were in past and picking and choosing those bits that worked and implementing them again is an equally powerful tool in any sort of business

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    On topic; 1 SL per mission worked, because it was simple and reliable.
    And if you have red SL it's still gonna take you a rather sizable amount of time to come close to 0 SL.

So how are any of those points just nostalgia?
    the problem is not with people trying to get from negative to positive, but with people who got 100 sl and do missions after each allied kill. it's too easy for them to stay green. maybe a change to1:1 below for -sl would be thinkable.

Enti

Stop.

You do not like the fact that I have torn through a few of your ideas. You are clearly mad but this thread is not the place for that stuff. The OP has a great point and it has been agreed by some venerable community members. Get off your crusade and understand that everyone has a right to their opinion. In my opinion this thread starter nailed the problem with a simple solution.

you do not need to wage your own private war on me just because you think that someone elses idea is bad. I gave my support to the idea. You think differently. Tell him that (the thread starter) because it is HIS good idea not me just because you feel bitter and twisted about the fact I dissected a few of your bad ideas.

You are leaving me no choice but to burst into fits of laughter at your posts here. Please stop now, for the sake of my sides and my colleagues hearing as I guffaw loudly at another terrible post.

Just kidding. I love ya bro.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast