Thread: The Ion pistol

Default The Ion pistol

More of a open discussion than a real suggestion at this stage.

What are peoples veiws on the ion pistol 1 shotting the legs? I'm currently of the opinion it might be a bit much and it would be nice if it needed 1 shot from that and say 1 or 2 shots from another gun.

As I said its more open discussion so would be good to hear from people who use the ion pistol mostly and enjoy fair fights to see if anybody else thinks it could do with a tweak.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

The REAL Walker

Forced reload on empty clip (with all weapons - it will only hurt the Ionic pistol though).
    Yeah Im aware that this will make the pistol rather useless, but I cant think of any other ways of fixing it.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Forced reload on empty clip (with all weapons - it will only hurt the Ionic pistol though).
    Yeah Im aware that this will make the pistol rather useless, but I cant think of any other ways of fixing it.
    Agreed. I dont think it will make the ionic pistol useless tho. If implemented it will turn it from an opener into a finisher.

Never really tested it, so what exactly cripples your legs? Is it just a certain amount of damage? If so, how about changing it to a certain amount of hits instead?

Make it work like a pistol not a sawn off shotgun. Lower damage and a six round clip.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Agreed. I dont think it will make the ionic pistol useless tho. If implemented it will turn it from an opener into a finisher.
    Thats actually true yeah.
    Im just so used to it being an opener

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Never really tested it, so what exactly cripples your legs? Is it just a certain amount of damage? If so, how about changing it to a certain amount of hits instead?
    Pretty sure its damage - making it a certain amount of hits would nerf some weapons a lot IMO (and would be crazy hard to balance, when Holy Heal is running).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post

Pretty sure its damage - making it a certain amount of hits would nerf some weapons a lot IMO (and would be crazy hard to balance, when Holy Heal is running).
    True, also weapons like EOF would be pretty crazy then!

A % of total HP (possibly divided into 3 sections) would be the best idea. I believe that that is how it works currently anyway. Me personally I would rather go back to the old way - one hit box one player. All of this resists in one area stuff is just pants. Make it simple, brutal and effective.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"