NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    all i hear from the community is "go back to nc1". because everything was better before. you just can't make this shit up. people long for nostalgia....
    People say go back to nc1 because on the whole the game was far more balanced and enjoyable back then than it is now. For a start resists worked and all classes had a chance to compete in PvP. Yes, hybrids were op but only the really skilled ones were impossible to take down.

i see what you are trying to achieve but i think it's pointless. to succeed in this market you have to have you own identy. 8m wow players... well they play wow. they won't play neocron because it's similar to wow. if anything ppl will play nc because it's different. i do. i played a lot of wow, i had a lot of fun, i quit and came back to nc. removing ppu is the first step towards a less wow-esque game experience.

I don't know what you're smoking but it must be some fucking mad shit if you think neocron is even remotely similar to wow in any way, never mind that being a reason people from wow wouldn't play neocron.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

i see what you are trying to achieve but i think it's pointless. to succeed in this market you have to have you own identy. 8m wow players... well they play wow. they won't play neocron because it's similar to wow. if anything ppl will play nc because it's different. i do. i played a lot of wow, i had a lot of fun, i quit and came back to nc. removing ppu is the first step towards a less wow-esque game experience.

Succeed in this market? Does anyone in their right mind think NC is going to turn a commercial success? No offense but we have a bare-bones volunteer dev team, servers funded by one guy and a game built on technology from 2001/2002. This game will never have commercial success. Those days are long past. At best, if this game retains its current population long enough for the major fixed to take place, it might draw back some more old players and maybe some new people. I'd be surprised if the player base grows to more than 1000 active individuals; and that is a high estimate.

Well Enti I give up on you if you think that just because someone plays one type of game that they will only ever stick to that. I have played fps games right from Wolfenstein in the late 1980s up to present day and I have also played WOW/UO/NC and a few others inbetween. Does that make me an FPS player or a MMO player?

Neither, it makes me a gamer. We play games and we know what we like. As gamers get older (some of the original early console generation are pushing 40s and 50s now) they want a different thing from their games. You need to appeal to all types. This is why the last LE change was so fucking successful. It appealed to everyone.

Luckily for us, you are not in charge of NC because I swear I thought you were a CDV employee with some of the suggestions you have come out with.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

what do u lot think about apus getting maby a heal like tl 30 or somthink as the nanite tools are shit :P and a spell that can do xray/force/piercing or 1 for xray 1 for piercing/force damage I think all other classes have xray/force/piercing damage if I am wrong plz say :P but I think when apu are in a fight u noticed spy/tanks are doing a lot more damage with ionics and cs/dev then a apu can deal out before getting hammerd by them. spys stealth after they use there 3 ionic pistols and tanks do have good armor and damage to run away from say a ug out the op to get topped up again would it be a good idea to up the apus armor abit not sure how they can do this.. what do u lot think ??

APU has only one type of damage per spell but he does not have the reload mechanic in the same way other classes do. None of his spells do multiple damage types.

Please continue Nascarr I would like to hear more about your proposals.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I have a small idea, and it's only a sugestion that would need some balancing befor beeing put in the game.
    In fact I guess APU spell's should pierce PSY shields (or ignore a percentage of the shield like 50%), so that the target would resists with his own resists and armors and a percentage of the ppu shield.

STOP put all those flamer down please

I can explain how it could be possible.
    1/ every classes exepted tank can put points in psy resists that would be cumulated with the resist of the spell like fire resist for fire damages. To resist a fire apo hit this would be psy resist + fire resist + fire resist on the armor+ somthing like 30 or 50% resist shield
    2/ For apu everyone would be unshield but also he would be unshield in front of other apu and have to put some psy resist to. This woud have the effect that apu would lose some damages buy putting points in the skill.
    3/ For the tanks it's a hard thing but don't forget that APU will still stay very ease to kill.
    4/ This would only have effect on OP fight not for PP1 or PVE.

P.S. I know that a change like this one have to be tested for a long time or else we may return to the hegemonia of APU in op fight and nobody want that. It's only an idea, a possibility.
    Last edited by Khorwin; 28-06-13 at 16:03.

I had the most fun as monk, wether it may be APU with my cute SweetyPsi or assisting PPU with my most awesomest Inspector Grant.

Yet, thinking about the endless degenerations both classes had to deal with every few patches, followed by the big NC 2 patch(es) those are really no more fun for me at all.

I loved it spamming my energy halo around corners or hiding behind barrels and boxes while i attacked the enemy in hope they didn't find me that fast. In NC 1 times APU was my favorite class - it was useful for everything. Farming, killing, leveling, hacking, cash, anything. Also the tank, PE and spy were nearly balanced towards the monks.

When NC 2 crashed into my little happy world nearly everything that worked before did not work afterwards (i count the term NC2 as the time between the latest months of NC 1 and now). Hybrids were banned, Spys got fancy techtools to heal themselves as did tanks (while removing their long available PSI ability (wtf storyline?)) and everything was different. The first thing i noticed was the evil cut in the PVE system making the mobs harder to kill while the players did less damage / became more vulnerable. This was one of the meanest steps in NC history. Taking away the fun in PVE with no overall good reason, just to "concentrate on PVP balance at the moment". Yes, until today nothing more happened.

I do well know that now another team is concerned with the future of Neocron. Don't make the same mistakes again.

At this moment, the fun in PVE was gone for me. The part drop got reduced drastically (wtf storyline?), also my character was much more vulnerable and much easier to kill by other players and NPCs. The resist skills and armor defences were calculated after a completly new scheme which made it now nearly impossible to play different classes with different weapons. We had Tank'o'cron, Monk'o'cron, Spy'o'cron and I believe there were 2 patches that made the Private Eyes the favorite class. Now it's very much about which weapons you have. Not the goal.

So yes, also with the NC 2 updates my fun for some PVP floated away. Either you do have an awesome weapon / stats or some PPU(s) that will assist you. In an 1 vs 1 the better weapon mostly wins.

There is still some tactics, though i don't think zonecamping is that nice like the NC 1 thingie at the good 'ol pepper park.

Then again, while the LE malus was removed quite early in NC 1 history, you put it back in just to prove a point (wtf storyline?). In an sincerly desperate attempt to keep most of the players happy there will be new content patches. Baby loves content, feed me content. Though i don't play without a nice PVP - AND - PVE balance. There simply is not much fun anymore in any character class. Yes, i can find some fun, while this should not be my obligation. There should be fun as soon as you log on. NC 1 had plenty of fun, plenty of players, plenty of PVE (remember hunting firemobs or warbots with a melee tank) and a LOT of PVP inside and outside of the city limits.

Somewhere between the "good old times" and now, there was a massive failure produced by the KK-team. Listening to players that don't understand why they are playing a game for once, followed by blindness for the obvious (the reason Black Prophecy, a great great great masterpiece died so quickly).

I want to connect with the game. I want to be one entity when logging in, while my character feels like my own body. It's some playerdepth that has only be reached in NC 1 until a very known time.

You may concentrate on game content, when there is time. Think of it:
    Why is tetris such a good game?

Well, for once it has rules. If you manage to put all the bricks in one line, the line disappears and you get points.
    Tetris 2.0 does give you points for every brick you lay - also the lines do disappear only every 3 moves. It's a different game - the rules have been broken and so did the game.

Back to the topic

The question for balancing the APU is also the question for balancing all classes and all varieties of gameplay (PVE, PVP, tradeskillers, traders), all skills and also all weapons. It's a heavy duty core component of any game (MMORPG especially). Take a good look at the few last months of NC 1 and why it made so much fun. You don't have to go back, though in every engineering scientists develop a view for the obvious. If they want to fly, they study a flying animal and copy it's structure, combine it with some technical advances and voilá, one airplane is born.

There is no shame in looking back what steps you (or the older team) has taken, move one step backwards, try it, move two steps forward, try it and so on. Stick to the rules though. And:
    Dont screw it up

i would rather see monks to be merged as enti said no more APU/PPU. if you read the story line there is no mention of apu or ppu. in my opinion monks should be kinda like what adept are in mass effect 1 kinda both offensive and defensive, where later on you can get a specialization (woc gear maybe) going full offensive while having few defensive skill and vice-versa.

[raging post here] 80% of apu spells are worthless, Holy Pestilence in nc could do fire and poison damage (stacks), they were kinda banned thanks to the many complains. then after the monk o cron that could stealth in NC 1 we got spy o cron up to nc 2.1, starting nc 2.1 we had tank and PE o cron. 2.2 came it's a SPY only o cron. melee tanks are worthless, as APUs. HC tanks and riffle spy are mainly dominant.[/end of ragging post]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123