Default Law Enforcer changes to make the game fair for ALL

Law Enforcer = 100% resistance to all player damage. Zero drawbacks that actually matter. 100% resistance should come with a price. Lets talk about consequences that fix the griefing and full access to everything in game while taking on no real challenge.
    *Removing the LE bonus wherever City Admin is NOT in control - Would fix some issues but not allow LE players to enjoy the game as much.
    *Removing the LE bonus to areas directly under the control of DOY.
    *Force anti-city to be NoN LE and anywhere they control an OP.
    *-1 zone penalty to Law Enforcement in Mc5, DoY, DoY Tunnels.
    *Any zone controlled by a clan OP able to take or remove the bonus.
    *-1 Law Enforcement to Hacknet

Just a few thoughts for the Devs and community to get the conversation started. Now lets hear some good ideas! Try not to flame and be fair to the LE community.
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 09-06-13 at 07:06.

drink warbot cola
    Last edited by The Red Guy; 09-06-13 at 07:16. Reason: to give the thread a chance

Five slot milky rens to the best ideas.
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 09-06-13 at 07:55.

I'm not sure that these are bad ideas.

The REAL Walker

This Again.. Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    This is the only one I like, and wouldnt cause a massive whine-storm (ish).
    It is needed for those Places, as it has been discussed in several other threads..

Other than those Places, I do not want players to be forced into a kind of playstyle, that they dont enjoy.
    Besides, there really isnt nearly as many LE'd players around anymore.. Ive been leveling a riflespy, by tech-hunting, and I have killed PLENTY of people while doing it - and blown up quite a lot of Rhino's
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

To be honest these anti LE threads are becoming more and more 'play like I want you to play because I don't like X about an LE'
    I'm unsure if we've actually seen a thread from a primarily LE'd player on a suggested change yet.

What next? If you get to X/3 and have an LE in your character is deleted and the game uninstalled?

Most of it seems to boil down to none LE players coming off second best at farming these days on 3 points.

1. An LE character can 'pve better' than a pvp specced guy (i.e full fire resist / armour vs firemobs, they dont have to worry about player repercussions) and thus can stick around longer killing mobs with lower downtime.

2. If an LE is out-damaging none LE players on mobs (thereby losing out on parts/techs), the none LE can't attack/kill them to try and claim the spot as their own (albeit temporarily). The reason this happens is often down to point (1), LE can spec full H-C for example whereas some none LE believe they can't.

3. LE players can grief other players in popular farming spots, i.e tagging mobs and dragging them on other players.

I think these 3 areas need looking at rather than overly complex "this works here, this now doesnt, this gives X faction bonus and here it doesn't"
    This game is a diamond and a half in the rough, it is bringing in new players and the LE should be utilised this way, I'd even go as far to say as giving more at earlier ranks to assist. Maybe run speed or transport bonus at under 0/30 or something like that to help newer guys get in the game, or regular missions that can be taken for the city (other than citycom) if you are LE'd.
    At the moment for players who enjoy the pve side and quite often don't have a clue who's bad/good/other clan wise there really is very little reason to remove it unless the main 3 points are addressed.

Just a few thoughts for the Devs and community to get the conversation started.
    There have been multiple threads on this issue recently ...

Lets talk about consequences that fix the griefing and full access to everything in game while taking on no real challenge.
    Again its a generailization, just because some people do it doesnt mean every LE player does this. Otherwise I could make the statement that all non LE players are gankers, which is also not true.

Like I said in the other thread I agree with this.

I have the feeling that you are still upset about the SL changes and are bored because you cant simply gank everybody anymore.

"3. LE players can grief other players in popular farming spots, i.e tagging mobs and dragging them on other players."

To be fair this works both ways.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

While I was for some penalty for LEs, there are now! Less Money, less Experience.
    There seem to be some troublesome areas left, where fighting over areas seem to be the norm, and outdamaging LEs cannot be countered, but thats already discussed. No other thread needed.

I don't see how your changes would make the game any fairer than if the mentioned parts are adressed.

*Removing the LE bonus wherever City Admin is NOT in control - Would fix some issues but not allow LE players to enjoy the game as much.
    So you want that LE players don't enjoy the game? I'd like to keep them, thanks, they have incentives to convert now, people not enjoying go elsewhere, people gone cannot contribute to the Game.

*Removing the LE bonus to areas directly under the control of DOY.
    There is no DOY!
    At least not playable. Get up to date.

*Force anti-city to be NoN LE and anywhere they control an OP.
    There is only one Anti City Faction left, and thats Twilight Guardian. And even they have a city faction on neutral I think. Everyone else got more complicated, cause we got closer back to the roots. The friend of my friend might be my enemy. Learn the new situation.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Deus, I never agreed with any of those changes you pointed out. My suggestions would lead to other changes but that's for a different time.