He's not being serious and if he is he should be playing something else cos he is basically asking for them to change the entire model of NC in such a way that most of the playerbase would quit if this idea happened. The whole point of neocron has always been that pvp can happen anywhere and you are always in danger pretty much, making a ton of zones safe is basically trying to move neocron into more of a WoW style MMO where you can pvp but only in a tiny amount of pre-designated areas.

Personally its that style which has made me quit every other MMO and come back to NC, I just want a huge world where I can pvp all over it I don't want to have to go to a tiny designated fight zone everybody cramps into in order to pvp. Granted PP is a bit like that now but fights can break out anywere, if I knew that I was not going to get any fights except in a small number of locations I'd get bored incredibly quickly.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    He's not being serious and if he is he should be playing something else cos he is basically asking for them to change the entire model of NC in such a way that most of the playerbase would quit if this idea happened. The whole point of neocron has always been that pvp can happen anywhere and you are always in danger pretty much, making a ton of zones safe is basically trying to move neocron into more of a WoW style MMO where you can pvp but only in a tiny amount of pre-designated areas.
    I think you missed out the part where you said the whole point of NC for YOU was....

For me it was the cyber punk atmosphere, vehicles (Other than UT2004 vehicle combat outside of dedicated vehicle games was unheard of) and OP fights which you've not mentioned in your description of what NC means to YOU

Personally its that style which has made me quit every other MMO and come back to NC, I just want a huge world where I can pvp all over it I don't want to have to go to a tiny designated fight zone everybody cramps into in order to pvp. Granted PP is a bit like that now but fights can break out anywere, if I knew that I was not going to get any fights except in a small number of locations I'd get bored incredibly quickly.
    Strange I play and none of this interests me at all, reason I quit stuff like WoW was due to the PvP being a level check and then a gear check and then finally a skill check. Being able or not being able to find random peeps to gank doesn't even factor into the equation for me.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Can we remove non-consensual reading of terrible ideas on forums?
    /signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    Chuck's being serious, people.

Although his suggestion is a fundemental change of direction in regard to the current implementation of PvP in NC it should be discussed seriously.

I know Chuck's reputation on the forums ain't the best because of his usually provocative style but everybody deserves a second chance if he wants to participate honestly.
    No, no he isnt.. IF he is, he should honestly have taken his brainport rights away..

And no, he does not deserve a "second" chance after what, 20(?) idiotic threads/posts.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

sorry guys I dont know what i was thinking, this is a trolls game. I now realize many people play this purely to troll and harass others In a game.

In a game where scamming is allowed and legit, I suppose grieving and just all around screwing people is the true spirit of NC, im sure it will bring in throngs of new players.

Dont want to ruin the Cyberpunk aspects of "defeat'ing the entire dark and dangerous athmosphere Neocron has."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    sorry guys I dont know what i was thinking, this is a trolls game. I now realize many people play this purely to troll and harass others In a game.

In a game where scamming is allowed and legit, I suppose grieving and just all around screwing people is the true spirit of NC, im sure it will bring in throngs of new players.

Dont want to ruin the Cyberpunk aspects of "defeat'ing the entire dark and dangerous athmosphere Neocron has."
    NC will never pull the numbers say World of Warcraft will, it's a niche game but thats why people who do play it like it. For consent-only pvp theres a lot of other games.

How does open world pvp make you so unhappy?
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Trivaldi got it right...Complex PvP and remove or allow soul light gain. No LE=PvP. I like watching my back at all times from everyone. Middle-finger in the air!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12