Default Make LE players do less damge

another proposed fix for le players hunting, especially in mc5. since an le'd player obviously doesn't want to participate in pvp and a capped player couldn't care less for the xp penalty and probably not much for the money penalty either, another way to tackle the problem could be the following:

1. reinstate full xp + money gain for le'd players,
    2. le'd players do X% less damage. a value ranging from 25 to 50 is thinkable.

xp and money gain will be reduced due to reduced kill speed. farming is highly discouraged as well, because it takes so much longer to kill a mob with reduced damage. you still have all the le'd benefits but now the downside of the le also affects capped players in a major way to the point where many will just pull it out. the lost time should equalize non-le'd players time lost due to fighting, getting back on his feet and to the farming grounds after a death.

this change sadly doesn't fix the griefing possibilities of the le.

ofc we would need too look into team compositions as well, so that le'd players can't just leech xp from non-le'd players that do more damage. the xp calculation needs to take that into account somehow, if it doesn't already. maybe the damage reduction could be achieved by capping %dmg on weapons at 1/2 or 2/3 for le'd players? i suppose that would probably reduce the combat rank and thus the xp gain in teams as well?
    Last edited by eNTi; 04-06-13 at 13:07.

Stealth Wipe Victim

Would this come in after a certain level like the other limits? If not you are going to make life for a new player slower and harder.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

actually i'm not sure of the specifics. i can't give you numbers, as i'm missing the big picture. it could work like it does now with the malus beginning at /30 and slowly increase until /60.

new players wouldn't know it any other way. it wouldn't make it harder or slower in their minds, because they don't KNOW the faster way and they could always pull the le. atm the xp and money loss is almost the same as the dmg loss would be, only that the current system only "hurts" old players until they are capped. the dmg loss would affect capped players and make them more likely to pull the le for farming purposes.

Whats up with this recent witch hunt on LE players?!
    LE got its cash/xp malus again, but I guess some people are never happy.

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    I don't see this as a witch hunt, but as a specific issue regarding the LE in the MC5 that should not be watered down or turned into another "LE is evil" or "PK'ing is evil" thread.

An adjustment is needed for the risk / reward issue in MC5 regarding the LE.

The LE cannot be a free ticket to farm the MC5.

If a player goes to MC5 he must be prepared to be PK'ed there.

A deactivation of the LE at the MC5 would be the best option, in my opinion. This has been discussed many times over the last few months on the forums here, so nothing new there.

This specific proposition of the OP serves as an alternative to that, as I understand it. But as I am not sure about it I did not comment.

While I like the OP's idea to a certain degree I think it takes away too much from the LE'd player, at least for now. The MC5 is another story tho.
    Last edited by Ivan Eres; 04-06-13 at 14:40.

It really does look that way at times, that some people don't want the LE in game. Just I feel no-one has offered a realistic alternative and considered how to make this game friendly to new players. However this is going OT...

As to the OP, it's a different way to the current penalty. It could replace one of the existing penalties. However since you can't use the 4th brain slot for a chip that increases your weapon output, isn't there already a global damage reduction across all levels?

Just turn off LE's in MC5. Job done.

A lot of new folks use the LE to level up, get all their gear whilst not being ganked repeatedly and then pop out the LE, join a clan and fight.
    Yes there's some who will stay LE forever just to pve in peace and then sell and buy stuff with the community at large regardless of LE/none LE but this change will smash LE users who are getting to grips with the game.
    Surely we want to bring new people in, let em learn the world and pop the LE when ready, not force removal, repeated ganking and then leaving the game because someone is pissed an LE droner gets the better of them at MC5?

Definitely a sledgehammer to crack a nut on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by evs View Post
    Just turn off LE's in MC5. Job done.

A lot of new folks use the LE to level up, get all their gear whilst not being ganked repeatedly and then pop out the LE, join a clan and fight.
    Yes there's some who will stay LE forever just to pve in peace and then sell and buy stuff with the community at large regardless of LE/none LE but this change will smash LE users who are getting to grips with the game.
    Surely we want to bring new people in, let em learn the world and pop the LE when ready, not force removal, repeated ganking and then leaving the game because someone is pissed an LE droner gets the better of them at MC5?

Definitely a sledgehammer to crack a nut on this one.
    well it all depends on the numbers really. if done in a "reasonable" fashion this is only a minor change to what is already happening with the reduced xp and money gain. the only thing that would really change is the time it takes to kill a mob. you would still gain an equal amount of xp/money compared to the malus that is in place now.

the goal of this proposed change is to extend the malus to capped players, which are really not bothered by xp/money loss.

new players do not cap in a day. they should have gotten to grips with the game by the time they reach cap. they won't see a difference from how the le works now, nor do new players have any comparison to how it was before, thus they won't notice this change in any way shape or form.

since i got chars with le in that are still on their way to cap, i'm really trying to find a moderate way to address the outlying issues.
    Last edited by eNTi; 04-06-13 at 16:49.

I do prefer the current penalties over this one. This looks too complicated and not well enough thought out. The penalties we have are fine.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

It just seems that it's the MC5 piece you are frustrated with and to be honest I don't see why players who hunt warbots,grims et al in the gameworld and perhaps never bother with MC5 should have their damage reduced and thus time increased to kill and levelling experience lengthened (the game is grindy enough as it is) because of that.
    I agree it's a numbers game and I can see a larger amount affected compared to the smaller amount with the proposed change, rather than just make LE's stop working in MC5.
    The only downside I can see for none LE'd folks vs LE hunters out in the wild at present is that a farming area can't be fought over due to the LE but they have a cash/xp malus so that's balanced enough I reckon.

PEs and Spys use AoE drones to WOC in regant etc and even with a 25% dmg reduction it wouldn't matter. You hit dozens of 120/120+ mobs at once, ~120 or ~90dmg meh. Tanks use AoE in regant, same deal.

It only hurts pistol/rifle hunters and not drone/AoE ppl in the long run :/

Thought this myself after reading the current two threads regarding LE

no rare parts anymore for LE'd players!

PvP and PvE builds are way to far apart to make anything like this feasible this non stop bashing/which-hunting of the LE players has gotten out of hand! People who cant make a proper build to out dps LE'ers are getting very annoying....

I dont know of any LE player droner or otherwise out dpsing a PVP setup character PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    no rare parts anymore for le'd players!
    wrong thread!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast