Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Baby Jesus Enti made sense...wow. I am all for LE players being able to farm and have fun. I am NOT for allowing them access to DoY tunnels, MC5, and maybe even OP zones or Hacknet. Keep the best up for competition and let the crowd have access to lesser items.
    This is how I see it too.

DOY tunnels are crowded 24/7 with farming LEd teams

Am I the only one around here who thinks that LEd droners are the problem not LEd ppl in general?

how many active players do we have? ~300 altogether? do you want to reduce the player base so badly? less ppl are allowed to farm, less items for sale, extended waiting periods to get certain items. maybe it works and ppl pull the LE but I would not count on it.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Guy View Post
    DOY tunnels are crowded 24/7 with farming LEd teams

Am I the only one around here who thinks that LEd droners are the problem not LEd ppl in general?

how many active players do we have? ~300 altogether? do you want to reduce the player base so badly? less ppl are allowed to farm, less items for sale, extended waiting periods to get certain items. maybe it works and ppl pull the LE but I would not count on it.
    From Zoltans post about most people not being hardcore enough from NC1, I get the impression he is striving to get the game feeling something like it was back then. If he does, and the game is advertised to old players, you'll have a lot more than 300.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    From Zoltans post about most people not being hardcore enough from NC1, I get the impression he is striving to get the game feeling something like it was back then. If he does, and the game is advertised to old players, you'll have a lot more than 300.
    If we can get old players back, good. However why are we chasing old players to come back, when they have probably moved on in some way? (Whether it's life, gaming etc)

Why are we not finding ways to appeal to new players?

Anyway to the topic. I can see the rare market getting very screwed if you remove all rare drops for LE players. There will be less players collecting and trading rares.

As for MC5 are these parts hard enough to get hold of as it is?

P.S. For @The Red Guy and anyone else, server pops and stats are at http://stats.techhaven.org/graphs

Mc5s are a nightmare to got due to all of the le'd droners atm. yes brammers that is a problem.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Mc5s are a nightmare to got due to all of the le'd droners atm. yes brammers that is a problem.
    You can easily outdamage them no?

GAME******/gām/Noun - A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Lets return to the basics...apparently something was lost in the past.
    This is the definition of the word GAME. Stop pretending that you can have a successful game by redefining it.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    droner can just pull all the guards over and drop the drone - hence why LE can be a menace

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Previous comment was for Brammers. When did the competition become about competing for dps with players who need dps to the face? No offense. The le guy should be competing by the same rules as everyone else especially considering the best drops and items in game. They also turn the competion into who can be the biggest asshole.
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 07-06-13 at 14:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    droner can just pull all the guards over and drop the drone - hence why LE can be a menace
    A none LE droner can do the exact same thing, as can any other class (its not as easy as with drone I know). A tank in an observer did this to my droner.
    Dont get me wrong I agree with you, but its not only a LE/Droner problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Previous comment was for Brammers. When did the competition become about competing for dps with players who need dps to the face? No offense. The le guy should be competing by the same rules as everyone else especially considering the best drops and items in game.
    Maybe you should have read my previous posts? Im for disabling LE in MC5. My point was simply that you can easily outdamage droners.

This tread is really stupid.
    Did it's me or a MC5 coast 10 millions NC (half of the money cap if I remember). If you want less rare parts, less MC5, less stuff for every one this might be a good idea. The fact is simple how did you farm rare parts, MC5, wok disk alone... But with drones of course.
    A friend of my try to wok his PE without LE, he made it from 6AM to 9AM because of PK (and tell me it was hell). It's god send that player are able to farm with LE, without this a MC5 would be 40 millions NC. This because there is LE player farming MC5 that there is some rulles in MC5, other wise that would be paradise for PK.
    One more little thing if you start neocron with your rulles farming would be impossible for new players. Personnaly I regularly go to doy tunel and I never see anyone (it's a hight lvl zone) so LE player every where in hight lvl zone. Only MC5 seem to be "a problem" but let tell you that a tank and a PPU allways take the loot when you are droner.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    So why can't you outdamage a LE droner, considering they have one less brain slot for a implant to boost damage. What's wrong with you taking your own LE or non-LE droner there? Or more than one players, aka a team or members of your clan?

Or is it that you don't want LE players? (Which I think is more the truth of the matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    Yes droners can pull the guards and drop the drone. You don't need an LE to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorwin View Post
    This tread is really stupid.
    Did it's me or a MC5 coast 10 millions NC (half of the money cap if I remember). If you want less rare parts, less MC5, less stuff for every one this might be a good idea. The fact is simple how did you farm rare parts, MC5, wok disk alone... But with drones of course.
    A friend of my try to wok his PE without LE, he made it from 6AM to 9AM because of PK (and tell me it was hell). It's god send that player are able to farm with LE, without this a MC5 would be 40 millions NC. This because there is LE player farming MC5 that there is some rulles in MC5, other wise that would be paradise for PK.
    One more little thing if you start neocron with your rulles farming would be impossible for new players. Personnaly I regularly go to doy tunel and I never see anyone (it's a hight lvl zone) so LE player every where in hight lvl zone. Only MC5 seem to be "a problem" but let tell you that a tank and a PPU allways take the loot when you are droner.
    mc5 chips are so expensive because they are hard to come by. most people that farm there belong to a clan more or less, so there's not many that actually SELL them. why would you sell an mc5? for money??? money is worth NOTHING in nc. you can trade parts, but again, only for other equally valuable parts.

also, mc5 is NOT FOR NEW PLAYERS. it's end game content. it's also a problem because there's ONE MOB that drops the part. there's multiple mobs for all the other drops in the game.

the only thing you can do against a coordinate group of le'd players that farm mc5 is GRIEF them. this is beyond stupid! you shouldn't have to resort to griefing in a game because there's nothing else you can do! the le is there to protect weak/leveling players from being ganked all the time. it's certainly not made so that you can hog end game farming areas for hours on end, while the rest of the server is forming a line.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    the only thing you can do against a coordinate group of le'd players that farm mc5 is GRIEF them.
    This is true for any group that farms MC5 regardless of LE or no LE. The difference being the way of killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    it's certainly not made so that you can hog end game farming areas for hours on end, while the rest of the server is forming a line.
    There will always be a line regardless of LE or no LE, since there is only one base commander. Most people will fight over looting him , while a minority will share and cooperate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast