It is a risk / reward issue.

If you go to MC5 you should be prepared to be PK'ed.

There are no free tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    This community has a very win at all costs mentality and judging by the mess that has become Pepper Park fights these days it would only serve to encourage that.

At the moment I am enjoying the game how it is, there is a balance between LE'd and non-le'd players but I think something that extreme would tip the balance.
    Yup.

i'm fully prepared to get pk'ed in mc5 all the time. i constantly watch over my back and i know that if at least a semi descend pvp player is coming after me, i'm done for. i fully expect that to happen at one point. it's simply too easy in this game to get everything at very early levels and even solo. there's no need to join a clan short from wanting to participate in op fights.

i'm not suggesting raid like scenarios. this is not the game for that. i still think that mc5 should be solo-able, but at a cost. that cost should be driven by the fear of other players. if they ever fix the ai in this game to a point where mobs don't get stuck any more or stand and shoot at you where they can't do damage to you, it will be a lot harder for any non-droner to participate in pve. when that day finally comes other players should be able to rip droners a new one, if they are able to find them.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i'm fully prepared to get pk'ed in mc5 all the time. i constantly watch over my back and i know that if at least a semi descend pvp player is coming after me, i'm done for. i fully expect that to happen at one point. it's simply too easy in this game to get everything at very early levels and even solo. there's no need to join a clan short from wanting to participate in op fights.

i'm not suggesting raid like scenarios. this is not the game for that. i still think that mc5 should be solo-able, but at a cost. that cost should be driven by the fear of other players. if they ever fix the ai in this game to a point where mobs don't get stuck any more or stand and shoot at you where they can't do damage to you, it will be a lot harder for any non-droner to participate in pve. when that day finally comes other players should be able to rip droners a new one, if they are able to find them.
    I think MC5 could easily be the testbed for an area that the LE is disabled automatically making everyone vulnerable in that area.
    I already suggested an RP way to backup the reason behind it, plus MC5 is where they brainwashed you and implanted you with the LE chip in the first place.
    They know if you ever come back it won't be to say 'hi'.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

If it was possible to do it would be awesome. Now that they can turn on and off safe zones perhaps this is possible too?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    It wouldnt lead to people thinking before opening fire Evs. That might apply to people levelling but tbh that wouldnt happen in nc. It would however lead to bigger teams of hackers/ppus etc (op fighting teams basically) going to levelling spots and clearing them out of the non-le'd players.

This community has a very win at all costs mentality and judging by the mess that has become Pepper Park fights these days it would only serve to encourage that.

At the moment I am enjoying the game how it is, there is a balance between LE'd and non-le'd players but I think something that extreme would tip the balance.

Mc5 is however a contentious issue.
    Fair point on the safe slot removal etc and I yield on that one, it would turn into scorched earth and a half.
    I do think the rare drop idea has merit but only if the loot is increased overall for hunting otherwise hunting would just stop for a lot of folks.
    Problem is though that if you stop rares unless none-LE, then the popular farming spots would just become pk camping grounds especially as folks farming turn up vs that area, fire res for fire mobs, you'd just get gank squads in pvp setup swarming through...

People going out to gank though was part of the gun in the old days, you could go out if you wanted to try and find a fight and you could need to defend yourself while hunting which makes it more fun (well in my opinion anyway). Right now the only real pvp is at PP1 or OPs as almost everybody out hunting has a le in so its become pointless to go hunting them.

Just think of it like this, somebody is hunting and a person comes out to kill em, perhaps the ganker dies then brings friends to help or comes back alone to try again, perhaps the hunter dies and calls for help so people turn up to kill the ganker who calls for help as well, a big battle ensues!. This is what should happen in NC, I would love to be able to go out into the world hunting but its pointless cos its hard to find people and anybody you find has a le in so why bother? everybody else has learnt that to so anybody who wants to pvp just goes to PP1.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by evs View Post
    Fair point on the safe slot removal etc and I yield on that one, it would turn into scorched earth and a half.
    I do think the rare drop idea has merit but only if the loot is increased overall for hunting otherwise hunting would just stop for a lot of folks.
    Problem is though that if you stop rares unless none-LE, then the popular farming spots would just become pk camping grounds especially as folks farming turn up vs that area, fire res for fire mobs, you'd just get gank squads in pvp setup swarming through...
    Yeah but if mobs were more spread through the world with more "popular" farming spots it would encourage people to form into clans and protect their farmers with their pvpers I guess. Well it could do that.

Or it could lead to a massive whine fest that its all too hard.

I think i can see which way it would go though.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Since LEs are implanted at MC5, and MC5 chips are made by killing the base commander, make having both in your head incompatible too?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Since LEs are implanted at MC5, and MC5 chips are made by killing the base commander, make having both in your head incompatible too?
    hmm... simple but elegant suggestion actually. might be the best idea as of yet.

I do not support this idea. The LE should not prevent the players from using items.

For example, if the LE is deactivated in MC5 the access to the sector is not removed from the player.

Only the risk / reward setting is being adjusted: If a player enter MC5 he must be prepared to fight over the loot there or to be PK'ed.

There should not be a free ticket to farm the MC5.

If that is technically possible Ivan yeah I agree but rogers idea is pretty simple and effective. It wouldn't stop le'd farmers necessarily but it would certainly appease the situation somewhat and it does fit quite well into the background story.

...nothing more obnoxious than le'd players bumping into you all the time while you are being attacked by the commander. also mc5 is easy mode for droners, who are never in peril for a second.
    What the hell do you people actually want? Screw LE people to the point where it is removed completely? Because it sure looks that way to me. I think the discussion lost its focus of the original problem which eNTi described as LE droners farming MC5 without any risk.

Not a big fan of the idea, since this will not increase the risk of LE droners farming MC5. Inseatd it will screw all LE people everywhere.

Just turn off LE in the MC5 zone, problem solved.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Why will it screw LE people? MC5s are sometimes not even a necessity for pvp, never mind farming. If they can't get techs anyway, players would pull LEs, and be able to then use the MC5 techs they farm if this was implemented. Like Ivan said, if they want to hunt in MC5 they run the risk, why shouldn't it extend to using the chips?

With mine and Entis suggestions (which are simple) you'd solve a lot of the issues addressed in this thread.

mc5 is a very contested area and there's nothing more obnoxious than le'd players bumping into you all the time while you are being attacked by the commander. also mc5 is easy mode for droners, who are never in peril for a second. they can out damage any other non-droner and can basically block mc5 from you. the only thing you can do is draw the officers' attention to you, lure them to the droner and zone.

this problem is ofc not really that relevant for other farming grounds, because there's usually enough room for everyone and only sometimes some fuck twat will block you from looting with his rhino.

i do understand that people (me too) want to farm in peace and not take part in pvp, but if that means you can block the highest level farming ground from others with basically no repercussions, then a fix is direly needed.

i was always in favor of this change and i find that it would give the game some rather welcome twist. ofc until this change is implemented, i will make my droner ready for mc5 asap.
    Baby Jesus Enti made sense...wow. I am all for LE players being able to farm and have fun. I am NOT for allowing them access to DoY tunnels, MC5, and maybe even OP zones or Hacknet. Keep the best up for competition and let the crowd have access to lesser items.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast