If you don't stop risk averse players collecting up the rare parts you're just going to over saturate your game in rares in just a few months, you'll have the same stale game before Reakktor dropped it.

If that's the case why don't we just remove PvP from the game entirely and just have a PvE game on a broken 2002 AI engine, sounds really really fun.

LE players are doing PvP by being greifer assholes instead of a fair fight. LE Droners are the worse offenders. I agree with anyone honest enough to admit GREIF is how an LE accomplishes his goals. There's nothing worse than a shit-talking LE scrub running everyone out of MC5. NoN LE characters buying the loot later is also horrible. This system is saturating the market and ruining otherwise good times and fights. All that because some LE guy thinks he is entitled to everything in game without competition.

Brammers don't be a dick. You know full well that any droner can do this as well as I do. With non le'd droner though you can find him and kill him the same as anyone else. The le'd droner can do this with impunity. That is why it is such bullshit.

The reason I don't do it is the same reason I don't cheat in nc. I could but I don't because I would like to think I have a bit of integrity about me and fight for what is mine.

It is the same reason I don't ninja hack or rip people off or whine and bitch generally in nc. It's the reason I don't need a ppu logged at a zoneline either. I have honour and integrity and it shows in every word and every action I carry out. It is the way I live my life.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    NoN LE characters buying the loot later is also horrible.
    Its a matter of supply and demand. Why is it bad when demand is satisfied? A lot of people farm only enough for themselves or for their clan with no intention of selling to other players. Yet there are players unable or unwilling to farm the chips themselves who simply want to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You know full well that any droner can do this as well as I do.
    Exactly, any droner CAN do this, but most will not, like you and me. I believe its a minority of people who do this and it would be a generalization to say every droner takes advantage of this "loophole".

I can't see how too many rares is a problem.
    It was over saturated pre-titan because it was a far far smaller community that had been playing years.
    Even way back in NC1 for the average runner it was never an issue - even with all the duping that went on behind closed apartment doors.

To be honest, if the server team get worried about too many rare parts out there, they could just lower the drop % for everyone to slow it down.

To be honest, it's not oversaturation until everyone has a 5 slotted megacannonX that they are after and an mc5 headchipY on every one of their characters.
    Even then, to fix that they just need to make it that if you die stuff takes the damage it would have done even if you are ppu rezzed (another carebear thing that the pvp'rs often overlook - you die damage should happen imo!) though the chips wouldn't pop.

Again this is just sledgehammer requests for an entire community/playstyle when it's MC5 and LE droners that need the resolution.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345