Default Remove rare drops for le'd players

mc5 is a very contested area and there's nothing more obnoxious than le'd players bumping into you all the time while you are being attacked by the commander. also mc5 is easy mode for droners, who are never in peril for a second. they can out damage any other non-droner and can basically block mc5 from you. the only thing you can do is draw the officers' attention to you, lure them to the droner and zone.

this problem is ofc not really that relevant for other farming grounds, because there's usually enough room for everyone and only sometimes some fuck twat will block you from looting with his rhino.

i do understand that people (me too) want to farm in peace and not take part in pvp, but if that means you can block the highest level farming ground from others with basically no repercussions, then a fix is direly needed.

i was always in favor of this change and i find that it would give the game some rather welcome twist. ofc until this change is implemented, i will make my droner ready for mc5 asap.

I'd rather have the LE deactivated there than rare drops removed.

lol wtf seriously?

get in line like everyone else mang

The problem with droners at MC5 is that they can quite easily grief non-drone players. I wont go into discussion about how suffice to say that Enti has already hinted at the issue. As far as I know this kind of play is "illegal" within the game world. I find it frustrating that they can do that and get away with it and have reported droners in the past for doing these things.

However I too would prefer that the LE did not work in MC5.

Either that or they get no loot. Either works.

Whatever happens LE'd players should not be allowed to farm mc5. They should be allowed to use them but not to actively be there earning the parts. If they have un le'd alts then this should be perfectly acceptable to fight over/work out a way to split the spawn points between said groups peacefully.

I agree with Enti completely. This is something that is annoying and if possible it would be nice to change it somehow.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post

However I too would prefer that the LE did not work in MC5.

Focusing in on this point; To make it fit in RP wise, you could have it so that when you enter the mc5 zone the LE is 'shorted out/malfunctions', and it gives you a message stating that it is not working due to a jamming/dampening field the towers of mc5 are emitting as a way to hide the Base Commanader's where abouts.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    ... also mc5 is easy mode for droners, who are never in peril for a second. they can out damage any other non-droner and can basically block mc5 from you...
    Really not trying to be funny or anything, but if you are being out damaged by a drone I think you have issues. Any of the end game weapons do far more damage than a Punisher or Particle Nemesis do. Even an APU will out damage a drone and they have tons of issues.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

and can basically block mc5 from you. the only thing you can do is draw the officers' attention to you, lure them to the droner and zone.
    What are you talking about: The commander does not spawn inside anymore!

And you *can* use a rhino now against the Commander in MC5, if you so wish ....

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

So you want LEs not to work when it inconveniences you at MC5? If it was Doc or Barret or Antrim or Strife posting that idea you'd be the first to shoot the idea down.

[Edited - Spam]

Grief play in dungeons however is a game mechanic that should be addressed. At MC5 the issue is more the nature of drones and the mob AI, and the path they can take over hills. An UN-LEd droner could do the same.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 03-06-13 at 14:07. Reason: Spam

they can out damage any other non-droner and can basically block mc5 from you.
    This is complete bullshit! Like Netphreak said, if you dont outdamage drones you are seriously gimped.

the only thing you can do is draw the officers' attention to you, lure them to the droner and zone.
    So you were the one harassing me yesterday?
    Shortly after I arrived at MC5 some non LE tank in a observer showed up and tried to kill me for about 1 hour in the manner described by eNTi. After failing again and again he finally gave up. He didnt ask me to team/share or whatever, he just started harassing.
    I never do shit like this unless somebody is a prick and does this to me.

I understand your frustration, but this behavior you describe is true for both LE and non LE players.

There's going to be a lot of cheese and whine from players who regularly take advantage of their LE'd alts to gain maximum reward for little to no risk. If Neocron is truly supposed to be a dangerous sandbox then removing rare loot from LE'd players will surely encourage them to yank it out.

I've heard stories that the previous iteration of Neocron's economy suffered due to an utter saturation in rare parts - forcing players to risk something in exchange for a massive reward can only be beneficial to the game.

To be honest, removing ALL rare drops for LE players is not a bad plan at all. They can still level 3/4 of the way to cap in most cases on store bought weapons and wont really need the rares till the end anyway. By that point they can buy them from the non-le'd players or choose to remove the le and start farming.

I am actually really liking this idea. If they remove the LE there is then extra incentive for them to find a clan and get help from their new buddies to get them outfitted etc so that they can take part in glorious combat!

Enti this is probably the best suggestion you have come out with.

My opinion of you has changed for the better for today.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

mc5 is a very contested area and there's nothing more obnoxious than le'd players bumping into you all the time while you are being attacked by the commander. also mc5 is easy mode for droners, who are never in peril for a second. they can out damage any other non-droner and can basically block mc5 from you. the only thing you can do is draw the officers' attention to you, lure them to the droner and zone.

this problem is ofc not really that relevant for other farming grounds, because there's usually enough room for everyone and only sometimes some fuck twat will block you from looting with his rhino.

i do understand that people (me too) want to farm in peace and not take part in pvp, but if that means you can block the highest level farming ground from others with basically no repercussions, then a fix is direly needed.

i was always in favor of this change and i find that it would give the game some rather welcome twist. ofc until this change is implemented, i will make my droner ready for mc5 asap.

this post combined with http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...=1#post2213690 this one proves that all you want to do is argue for the sake of it, the irony of the dichotomy between the post kills me.

I think all LE'd should have no rare drops thus they can level in safety but when it comes to collecting rares there has to be some sort of risk when at the moment mobs dont really offer it

Despite the horrendous irony from the op its an interesting thought.

It has however been raised before about the le abuse by people.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    this post combined with http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...=1#post2213690 this one proves that all you want to do is argue for the sake of it, the irony of the dichotomy between the post kills me.

I think all LE'd should have no rare drops thus they can level in safety but when it comes to collecting rares there has to be some sort of risk when at the moment mobs dont really offer it
    really. so you think my idea is good, yet you accuse me of coming up with ideas and arguments just for the sake of it? because i don't have anything better to do with my time? i don't see the disparity between knowing what BOTH sides of a coin look like. just because i'm able understand the point of view of someone and might do the same if it gives me an advantage doesn't mean it's something i wouldn't like changed.

there's no irony in my post and if you look at my other posts regarding le changes, you will see that i have posted this many times before. of course i will farm rares le'd if there's no negative other then a little money loss for me. that doesn't mean i can't find it a stupid mechanic? as long as something is not an exploit/cheat i will use it since it was obviously designed that way.

mc5 is broken currently. i'll still farm the shit out of while i'm able to because if they ever fix it, solo farming should either be impossible or VERY risky/difficult.

Agree with OP, we must do something about LE's in MC5.

Because it's the only spot to get MC5 and you can't contest a droner LE player when he really wants to block you from getting the parts, you're screwd in most cases.

Stealth Wipe Victim

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    To be honest, removing ALL rare drops for LE players is not a bad plan at all. They can still level 3/4 of the way to cap in most cases on store bought weapons and wont really need the rares till the end anyway. By that point they can buy them from the non-le'd players or choose to remove the le and start farming.

I am actually really liking this idea. If they remove the LE there is then extra incentive for them to find a clan and get help from their new buddies to get them outfitted etc so that they can take part in glorious combat!

Enti this is probably the best suggestion you have come out with.

My opinion of you has changed for the better for today.
    Even though I have an LE tech farmer, I agree with this (even though you made sarcastic comments in my post).

I use the LE when farming because I can, and taking away the risk from other players saves me time getting pokes etc. If this change was made, I'd happily pull it and take the risk.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast