If it is just some players cheating then I'm happy to admit the dev is fine, my point has always just been that if people are hitting 100% of the time and are NOT cheating then that would mean the weapon is not balanced. Theres a reason that when hacking was prevalent all the hacking tanks used a dev, cos its the gun that with 100% hit will far outperform anything else.

As for resist mr slith I get 50% poison and fire resist on my tank which seems a reasonable amount
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

The OP has the right to point out things he find flawed !
    Explain him why he might be wrong instead of bashing him !

Jeez

I believe I am the player you encountered and think is hacking.

Imo the dev is perfectly fine as it is.
    The weapon is buggy and doesn't register half its hits. Which is a huge pain in the ass, if I do encounter a good pistol spy it is most likely I get my ass owned if I only roll the Dev. With the netcode correction it gets very hard to hit with that weapon.

Only thing I would do about the weapon is correct the registering problems.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Dude... 90% hit rate for an evening at they very least and your saying they should make it hit MORE. If you honestly weren't hacking you are living proof this gun is incredibly broken, especially if it does have problems registering as you literally had a 90% hit rate how could you even think the gun is ok with that sort of thing going on?

Point to the application in nc that shows your accuracy percentage please?

Then ask yourself how daft that statement about a weapon not being designed to hit 100% of the time comes from. Show me a manual that describes how guns are designed to miss and that is accounted for.

Last time I checked the Army field manual LSW's (SAW's to our American friends) are designed to put down a wall of lead to suppress the enemy positions while friendly forces can advance. Nowhere in that manual did it say anything about flamethrowers not being designed to hit 100%. Its a flamethrower. Its poxy range should mean that you are practically on top of the enemy when you use it.

With that fundamental weakness - RANGE (in caps in case you missed it the first time) - it should be EASIER to hit with as your target is a few metres ahead of you.

The enemy therefore has a choice to gauge you at RANGE and stay AWAY from your fire.

It is possible to hit someone in third person with a weapon whilst you are facing away from them.

It is also possible to shoot that person in the legs thus restricting their movement and therefore weakening their capability whilst at the same time staying out of the range of their weapon system and thus inflicting the greater damage and therefore winning the fight.

If they chew you up before you get to that point thats not the gun thats not balanced, thats the player.

If therefore you think that the damage is out of whack for the devourer considering the weaknesses it already incurs compared to the fighting style needed to beat it then I might well concur but to bang on about the accuracy being shit just makes me think you dont actually understand the mechanics of it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

No in this case he literally just shot me then instantly turned around and hit somebody in the legs it there wasn't any aim time unless it was nigh on instant. As for distance, you play neocron right? when was the last time you saw it was possible to keep out of range of a dev (well on another tank anyway), with some speed drugs and the right setup you can be so fast people literally can't get away at least not without just straight up running away from you, also a risk as if the tank is fast enough they will just chase you with ease and hit your legs.

This is a game its not based around the real word, I said that ask the dev obviously does INSANE dps and is hard to cap the aim on thus it would appear they intended for it to hit hard but have an awful aim, as it is you can easily get lock ons if people can hit that much. As such if the aim is where they think it should be the dps should be decreased cos its a bit silly basing a gun around keeping your distance when its impossible to keep your distance really until you get their legs, and thats relying on them not hitting yours

You are drunk with anger. Dev is fine, it changes your gamestyle and make you less mobile compared to other H-C weapons. And it is a very hard weapon to aim. Yes maybe i'll turn around and hit someone, but don't believe for a sec this will be a full-closed reticle hit. If you do want to say it's "OP", then try it, try going around with a Dev as your only weapon in your belt and play against some PPU buffed pistol spies.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

No I'm quite calm right now just trying to point out that if you indeed didn't hack then without hacks you could hit almost constantly with the dev and for the damage it does that isn't a well balanced weapon. You keep saying *its hard to aim* but then we see you hitting 90% of the time which clearly contradicts that, it might be harder to get use to but if you can hit that much its aim obviously isn't bad.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    No I'm quite calm right now just trying to point out that if you indeed didn't hack then without hacks you could hit almost constantly with the dev and for the damage it does that isn't a well balanced weapon. You keep saying *its hard to aim* but then we see you hitting 90% of the time which clearly contradicts that, it might be harder to get use to but if you can hit that much its aim obviously isn't bad.
    this thread is turning more and more into a pathetic whine

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    this thread is turning more and more into a pathetic whine
    Perhaps on your part as you so far have offered nothing but insults while others have at least tried to offer counter arguments, you may disagree with me but the sort of post you make are just as bad as people who make threads like this where they just say *dev is OP* with nothing else, all you are doing is saying *dev is fine your a noob*, how does that answer anything or prove your point? it just makes it look like you think its OP as well and really don't want it fixed so you can use it. In future try counter arguments instead of random abuse.

For example instead of this last comment why don't you explain why what I said was wrong if you think it is? if its so obviously wrong that you feel insults are needed it should be very easy for you to explain why.

Lowering the heavy weapon speed malus for tanks unbalanced the game quite heavily. Everyone that's worth a damn at this game is using a tank, no reason not to. Highest defense, speed, and highest damage now, really.

I seriously don't understand why they issue a nerf patch to DPS class weapons, then offer a buff to tanks. That was stupid.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    Highest defense, speed, and highest damage now, really. I seriously don't understand why they issue a nerf patch to DPS class weapons, then offer a buff to tanks. That was stupid.
    You nailed it, especially the second part!

You know you can just run through the body of the dev tank and out of the back of him to break his lock?

You know they and anybody can do that to right?

And that is still entirely beside the point, if its possible to hit almost 100% of the time its not balanced when it comes to the dev.

Then you need to whine about changing the damage and toning that down. It has nothing to do with whether or not a gun can aim or not. No gun in the world is designed to miss a few shots!

All of the guns should be capable of hitting all of the time. If when they do that the damage is too much then that needs to be changed. Nothing else.

That would have the direct effect of giving the lesser skilled players a chance to fight back before being completely smoked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast