Default Fix dev or wep lore drugs

Basically either a huge influx of hackers has happened again or people have once more realised with enough drugs the dev has a instant lock on with a few drugs meaning you have among the highest damage in the game with no downside. This seems to be a obvious problem as the point of the dev is its hard to hit with but does high damage, these days I keep seeing tanks who hit 100% of the time with a dev even when running around with no gun on, obviously this is either a odd surge in hacking people are ignoring or more likely its drugs gone insane removing the only flaw a super powerful gun has.

The best option would be to make drugs not have any wep lore or tc, otherwise they would need to make only the dev not be affected by them.

Edit: And before people come to throw abuse or troll I'm not saying the dev is a easy gun to master, I'm saying that it seems when you do you can get a nigh on 100% aim and as the damage is so high BECAUSE its meant to be nigh on impossible to do that its means its pretty much pointless to use any other gun as while it will take you longer to master you will just get better results with a dev making other guns pointless.

The whole point of balance is that any gun is useable against any other which basically needs to be balanced around hitting 100% of the time as it seems people will eventually manage that with any gun. If somebody is using gun A which does lets say 250dps with 100% aim and another person is using gun B which does 300dps with 100% aim then gun B is the gun everybody should always use. The dps of all guns should be the same just done in different ways, for example the ion does big bursts and the gatling does lots of little hits in a row, the balance being you need a more constant aim with the gatling.

I realise this sounds bad as well because people may think *well why would I use the gatling when I just need to hit more*. The other side of the coin though is what I just pointed out, why would you NOT use the gatling if it did more damage with a good aim as when you are hitting 100% with your worse gun you will just wish you had spent that time mastering the gun which is better when you fight somebody who hits 100% of the time with that thus who you can't possibly beat.
    Last edited by DIABLO666; 03-06-13 at 01:23.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Other solution would be to give the damage a nerf while buffing the aim, this way people would be able to hit more easily without mega drug buff setups but it wouldn't be so insane. Right now people can just go for a setup that caps the dev with drugs (and perhaps buffs as well) which gives it a nigh on instant lock on. The other solution would be to make the aim slower even at cap aim so it has the downside its meant to have even when you cap the aim.

Sparta.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

so are you going to keep whining about every setup that owns you? isn't the dev the perfect answer to your other thread about op pistol spies? pp1 is no valid testing ground for pvp. its close quarter borderline stupid nonsense for people who are fucking bored with their life.
    Last edited by eNTi; 03-06-13 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    pp1 is no valid testing ground for pvp. its close quarter borderline stupid nonsense for people who are fucking bored with their life.
    Yeah, maybe. But there should be a city PvP battleground somewhere, other than NF.

It would be cool to hear ideas for that in a separate thread.

The REAL Walker

so are you going to keep whining about every setup that owns you? isn't the dev the perfect answer to your other thread about op pistol spies? pp1 is no valid testing ground for pvp. its close quarter borderline stupid nonsense for people who are fucking bored with their life.
    Pretty much this. We are going to see A LOT of these threads from War Barney...
    I cba taking the discussion here aswell, as we did ingame.

Dev does NOT close its reticle fast (at all) even with capped aim. As I told you ingame, try it yourself before whining about it!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    Yeah, maybe. But there should be a city PvP battleground somewhere, other than NF.

It would be cool to hear ideas for that in a separate thread.

There are about 5 of these in DOY.

As I told you ingame already: Dev is not exactly easy to hit with, even with 250% aim it's fucking slow because of the crippled range. And then it misses about 30% of the hits with a perfectly closed reticle. And reaching 250% aiming on a dev is not possible without giving up valuable brain slots you would otherwise use for resist or speed implants.

The poison and fire resists on your tank are not exactly good either.

But your right on one point, I too noticed some specific players that did hit a incredible amount of dev bursts. A unbelievable amount. That type of players that really suck on first encounter, but kick ass in the rematch :P
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Pretty much this. We are going to see A LOT of these threads from War Barney...
    I cba taking the discussion here aswell, as we did ingame.

Dev does NOT close its reticle fast (at all) even with capped aim. As I told you ingame, try it yourself before whining about it!
    Says it all!

Well as I said it could just be certain players hacking but 2 nights in a row I've encountered players who can hit at least 90% of the time with a dev which obviously is either a major balance issue with the gun or hacks returning (especially as for some of those fights I drugged up to about 130 agil and 113 atl).

As for threads well I accept the pistol one was more made out of annoyance at pistol people as while I can hit other people fine pistols.. I don't know what it is they are just my kryptonite, literally I have killed some tanks with ease then died with ease to a pistol THEN the tank I killed with ease easily kills the pistol, theres just something about a pistol user that I don't get.

As for this though the kami is obviously insane as it does 3/4 a groups hp with almost no counter and as I said if these people aren't hacking then theres an obvious issue with the dev. I do hope they are just hacking though and get banned.

But that is two threads that you have now admitted to being annoyed in when making them.

Dude you need to learn to chill out some before you come to the forum and make complaints about changing things. If we are not careful someone might take one of your rants seriously and ruin another perfectly good weapon. My advice honestly is sleep on this stuff and make the thread the following day if you still feel strongly about it. You will probably find that you are much more relaxed and able to see things more clearly then. It will also stop the boards from being cluttered with half thought out suggestions and complaints!

Sleeping on it is probably a good idea in general, the pistol one I've admitted was a made in anger but despite being annoyed when I made the kami and dev thread I still stand by them today. Kami drones doing 3/4 of a groups hp and being so easy to aquire is silly, if they want to do that kind of damage they need to be VERY hard to get or at least let people blow them up with 1 shot so you can counter them, 1 major thing that annoyed me was I literally watched the kamis float around the room waiting for the others to show up while taking almost no damage from shots.

As for this dev thread, well as I said its either hacking or there is an issue, 2 people in as many days getting a 90% hit rate with a dev isn't right either in terms of fair play or the guns balance. As I've said I'm not saying the dev is easy to master, but if you can get this kind of hit rate when you master it why would any tank bother to master any other weapon? dev does more damage and you get the hilarity of following people over a zone line to watch em die, thats meant to be countered by them not being great with the aim, even when mastered.

But you cannot nerf a gun just because someone learned to be effective with it. That is just bs. Surely you must see this?

p.s thats three threads you admitted to being annoyed in. Please understand it ruins your credibility amongst other posters if you rage at stuff. The rage can stay in game, out here we can be adults hopefully.

The kami thing is another issue and I gave you my opinion on what to do in the relevant thread.

It's not nerfing a gun because people got good with it, its nerfing a gun because its potential is way above that of other guns. You must realise the dev was never developed around an 100% hit ratio, and yet people are managing that which isn't right. Imagine if you would if there was a way to master the wocket launcher so you never hit yourself and always hit the enemy, would you say that needed or a nerf or would it be fine cos it was just people mastering the weapon?

And yes a nice open non NF duel spot for NC would be great, mostly go to pp for duels anyway as gang banging somebody 5v1 with a ppu isn't really fun (hell ppus in pp 1 generally aren't fun, they should be there to rezz only!) and its so cramped and I always tend to do better in open spaces. Sadly for now we are consigned to PP unless somewhere else is made or found
    Last edited by DIABLO666; 03-06-13 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    But your right on one point, I too noticed some specific players that did hit a incredible amount of dev bursts. A unbelievable amount. That type of players that really suck on first encounter, but kick ass in the rematch :P
    word
    dafuse | PPU-Titan |

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet kann sie behalten!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast