Most of the complaining about kami drones right now seems to stem from people's inability to supress a droner quickly and efficiently.

I suggest you guy rethink tactics, cause really, even if PPU backed a droner is very easy to kill. Finding one might prove hard using conventional methods, but if using the proper class and method they can be a joke to drop and keep dead.

In my humble opinion, you guys are simply noobs.
    Last edited by Kame; 05-06-13 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    You get a minor SI loss after a normal drone gets blown up, why not have it so you get a 30-40% SI loss for revenges. This would certainly stop revenge spamming and also impair the meatsack leaving him vulnerable for a short period.
    30-40% SI is WAY TOO HIGH! This would basically mean the droner is fragmeat after launching a revenge, but I guess that is exactly what you want/need, because you seem to be unable to hunt them down. Send out a couple of spies to find and kill the droner(s).
    The ammount of SI you get when a drone gets destroyed or maybe twice as much should be sufficient to prevent spamming of revenges imho. However I agree that the damage of revenges is too high.
    You people do realise that this would not at all prevent the problem of a coordinated attack carried out by multiple droners?

I don't have a problem with coordinated attacks, I have a problem with revenge spam, the strongest most destructive weapon in the game, it is by far the most overpowered weapon atm. A high SI hit is the only way to stop the spam, the tl of a revenge is only 93 so a capped droner has to take a big si hit in order to not spam. The damage of the revenge should be high but the consequence for using such a deadly overpowered weapon should be high as well.

It doesn't have to be 30-40% either, maybe 20%, something for the devs to balance out I suppose.

A high SI hit is the only way to stop the spam, the tl of a revenge is only 93 so a capped droner has to take a big si hit in order to not spam.
    Fair point, but instead of such high SI, and therefore causing the droner to be slow, overloaded and not being able to use stealth and so on, how about increasing the TL (maybe 115 aswell) of the revenge instead? That way a small(er) SI hit would suffice.

...something for the devs to balance out I suppose.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Fair point, but instead of such high SI, and therefore causing the droner to be slow, overloaded and not being able to use stealth and so on, how about increasing the TL (maybe 115 aswell) of the revenge instead? That way a small(er) SI hit would suffice.
    lol I was actually thinking that exact thing a few minutes after I posted, Increase the tl of the revenge to 115 as it should be considering the damage it does and lower the si hit to maybe 5-10%. The devs would have to test it out.

I don't agree with the si thing. I think that they should make these drones expensive to construct instead. Like punishers for example. That would see them used in their intended role and not mass produced like now and spammed as they are.

Droning in PvP should be encouraged but not with rev drones. If they cost 20k plus to build I think people would be less likely to spam them as it hurts the wallet not the player.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Yes. Remove kami.
    It's rarely used for anything but lame shit.

Cost would be a good limiter as well, but there are clans in game with plenty enough cash to build as many drones as they need.
    SI hit has to be low, and sufferable, it's a good idea to make teh TL of the Rev higher so that the smaller SI hit would suffice (as long as there are still weapons or drones that could be employed to effective defense of the droner.) Otherwise no SI hit, maybe some sort of cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I don't agree with the si thing. I think that they should make these drones expensive to construct instead. Like punishers for example. That would see them used in their intended role and not mass produced like now and spammed as they are.

Droning in PvP should be encouraged but not with rev drones. If they cost 20k plus to build I think people would be less likely to spam them as it hurts the wallet not the player.
    ]

I was more thinking 500k for a drone that powerful, perhaps thats a bit much for some people but 20k isn't enough, my clan can give me most of the stuff I need so I have 7.7mil and rising in spare cash, 20k a drone wouldn't touch my wallet and I've never been known for bothering to make money so I'm sure other people have WAY more, 20k just wouldn't do a thing.
    Last edited by DIABLO666; 05-06-13 at 23:40.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

I like Kami droners and they need more available weapons. Otherwise all you have is the Kami...Stop nerfing the game into less PvP and expand it into different choices. Im sure if Kami was more expensive and other drones were beneficial it would bring a new element (or return another lost one) to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I like Kami droners and they need more available weapons. Otherwise all you have is the Kami...Stop nerfing the game into less PvP and expand it into different choices. Im sure if Kami was more expensive and other drones were beneficial it would bring a new element (or return another lost one) to the game.
    Exactly. Post #4.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    Exactly. Post #4.
    agreed.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    And how are you going to hunt em down when 2 of them have co-ordinated their attack to both explode at once and kill 5 or 6 of you in 1 go? And of course even if you manage to have a few people limping away after the explosion the droner has stealth so good luck catching them (thats if the second kami they send right out doesn't blow you up before you've gone 10 feet)
    Were all of you grouped together in an easy to target bunch, like we did on the P2 zoneline?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Yes. Remove kami.
    It's rarely used for anything but lame shit.
    Remove fire damage because this makes it really difficult to see whilst in 1st person.
    Oh, just remove 1st person view instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I like Kami droners and they need more available weapons. Otherwise all you have is the Kami...Stop nerfing the game into less PvP ...
    Agreed.

He is very unlikely to kill you with a revenge drone whilst you are hunting him down. Yes, he just knocked out 4 people in one kill and you know that the next Revenge is only seconds away, but you will quickly move away and start searching for him. You're on Vent/Mumble , so start talking and looking. If his drone is out then you know he cannot see you coming, because his attention is likely on the next cackle of runners to drop in on.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

delete post please

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345