Quote Originally Posted by hajoan View Post
    So the problem is not the weapon itself the damage is fine at single targets.
    The problem is the area effect of the kami.

Possibly everyone should concentrate at this aspect of this weapon which gives it an unfair advantage?

Common sense bomb just got dropped. Everyone pay attention!

This guy has the right idea.

If they made the drone have very few hit points to reflect its fragility and make it single target this would be much more advantageous to everyone. The droner still has a risk to his meatsack but the target can still defend against the weapon. I think everyone wins at this. The droner would still need to be sharp to get off more drones to kill the target before they find his body but at least the target now has a fighting chance.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

This would work, especially if the drone had to say fly directly into the target perhaps avoiding walls on the way as well this would mean they had to be carful and could help with the issue of the drone not even appearing on peoples screen before it blows up (though if thats just a server issue which was fixed so it was possible to see them coming this wouldn't be needed)
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Or we could keep them the way they are now but give the droner a Synaptic Impairment hit when he detonates his drone, the massive explosion while the droner is connected to the drone would more than justify the SI. You get a minor SI loss after a normal drone gets blown up, why not have it so you get a 30-40% SI loss for revenges. This would certainly stop revenge spamming and also impair the meatsack leaving him vulnerable for a short period.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Or we could keep them the way they are now but give the droner a Synaptic Impairment hit when he detonates his drone, the massive explosion while the droner is connected to the drone would more than justify the SI. You get a minor SI loss after a normal drone gets blown up, why not have it so you get a 30-40% SI loss for revenges. This would certainly stop revenge spamming and also impair the meatsack leaving him vulnerable for a short period.
    this is actually a very reasonable idea!

My god faid... this is actually a good idea I'm sho.. er I mean not surprised at all well done.

If the damage is kept high, but a small SI hit is added for the drone's destruction (even for destruction by being shot) I would say that's a fair fix to try out.

I also concur with the idea of making a single-target kami styled drone, that's something I was going to suggest myself. A single-target drone probably shouldn't carry the SI hit though (do pistoleers or riflemen get SI hits when they kill single targets, after all?)

Not sure about making the walls destroy the drone, drone-bounce just happens, and kamis are "heavy" fliers to begin with. The rest are decent ideas though.

Supporting it !

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Did you even think this through? Giving 30-40% SI basically removes the droner from playing at all after they detonate an kami drone for 2 or more minutes.

They couldn't use any other drones, they would be slow, possibly now overloaded so can't relocate between drones. Wouldn't be able to use stealth either.

So what you've done is made the droner even more of a free kill than they usually are if they happen to use their strongest attack.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    Did you even think this through? Giving 30-40% SI basically removes the droner from playing at all after they detonate an kami drone for 2 or more minutes.

They couldn't use any other drones, they would be slow, possibly now overloaded so can't relocate between drones. Wouldn't be able to use stealth either.

So what you've done is made the droner even more of a free kill than they usually are if they happen to use their strongest attack.
    it's not only their strongest attack. it's the most devastating attack in the game. its unbalanced and a free ride for the -99 sl players who do nothing BUT this.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    it's not only their strongest attack. it's the most devastating attack in the game. its unbalanced and a free ride for the -99 sl players who do nothing BUT this.
    I didn't say the damage shouldn't be adjusted, I'm just pointing out that something like was suggested would remove droners from being able to do anything if they used a kami drone.

It's not like they could hit someone with a kami drone for that surprise attack and then launch a particle nemesis to finish of their enemy or something because they wouldn't be able to use anything they have due to SI. Just like their run speed would be half normal as well.

Adjust the drone damage, don't destroy the class.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

as there's an identical thread running - can a dev merge them?

I think they should still exist but giving a higher SI malus is not a good idea, bring in some sort of cooldown - for an RP line "the stress the pilot has to be subjected to commanding their mind to implode with the drone results in migraines whereby the pilot cannot launch another kamikaze drone" of say 1-4 minutes depending on the TL of the drone

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by someone wrote somewehere at sometime View Post
    And kami damage is currently WAY too high.
    A Kami drone won't kill my non-PA tank with one hit. A second one certainly will. I don't see our problem, here.

This is not a surprise attack: REVENGE appears in local (some times too late ... )

Of course several droners Kami spamming causes problems, but just hunt 'em down! Move quicker.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Supporting it !
    Unsupporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    A Kami drone won't kill my non-PA tank with one hit. A second one certainly will. I don't see our problem, here.

This is not a surprise attack: REVENGE appears in local (some times too late ... )

Of course several droners Kami spamming causes problems, but just hunt 'em down! Move quicker.
    And how are you going to hunt em down when 2 of them have co-ordinated their attack to both explode at once and kill 5 or 6 of you in 1 go? And of course even if you manage to have a few people limping away after the explosion the droner has stealth so good luck catching them (thats if the second kami they send right out doesn't blow you up before you've gone 10 feet)

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post

Yes I did think this through, your criticism is my point exactly. If you use a revenge, which is the single strongest weapon in the game capable of killing multiple targets in one shot, then there should be some downside for the use of this weapon.

Currently there is very little downside to using revenge drones, they cost virtually nothing to make and you can spam the shit out of them. The way they are currently used in game only serves to screw up actual PVP. I don't mind having the threat of them and dealing with them but when there are multiple revenge droners spamming revenges that kill everyone in one shot it becomes a huge problem.

I take the event last weekend as an example. There were a ton of people fighting constantly for a few hours, it was a lot of fun. Then the revenge spam started and killed most everyone in a few minutes. Everyone said Fuck this and left. The AOE revenge spam highhandedly killed an event with about 100 people in a matter of minutes. Its just kinda stupid that this hasn't been looked into until now lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast