You should be able to shoot and swap fast when choosing not to reload the first, empty, weapon in your QB.

Keep in mind after that you have to reload them all.

I think we all know that with the runspeed and smaller hit box its not as easy at that, they are getting similar to the problem mc had in that they do amazing damage and are hard as hell to hit on the basis that if you do manage to hit em they go down quickly, however this is a tough balance as especially with clipping its easy for them to get rid of your lock and when ppus get involved it makes it even tougher
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    I think we all know that with the runspeed and smaller hit box its not as easy at that, they are getting similar to the problem mc had in that they do amazing damage and are hard as hell to hit on the basis that if you do manage to hit em they go down quickly, however this is a tough balance as especially with clipping its easy for them to get rid of your lock and when ppus get involved it makes it even tougher
    The runspeed was already nerfed so what is your problem apart from having bad aiming? Did you ever experience the runspeed before it got nerfed?
    There are plenty of people that are able to do what you cannot. Maybe you should use AOE weapons ...

I agree with you Kame, but you have to acknowledge that the damage output can be extreme if you are able to land multiple ionic hits. However this requires skill and you dont see me complaining about this!

Like Mokoi said, be patient and wait for Sparta and the balancing.

The REAL Walker

Dude, Im trying to be nice.. But really..
    DO NOT BLAME OTHERS, ON YOUR SHITTY AIM!

1vs1 Tanks are (BY FAR!!!!) the best class.. At opfights its pretty even between spies and tanks atm. Spies can stealth, and tanks can take a fuck-ton of damage, and have Dev...
    Honestly a good aiming Dev tank, will do more damage than any spy will..
    However, he will be the first to be focused. Which is why spies are so nice (read: easy) to play at opfights.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I don't know if I'm the only one to have thought this, but does anybody else think that for the huge speed they allow its odd that pistols have about a similar if not greater dps than hc weapons? The dissy might have been the old god of pvp but in the current game is pistols I fear the most cos they don't slow people down (or do so to such a small extent I don't notice it) and yet they do about the same damage a hit that most hc weapons do, this while for the most part firing faster as well.

Does anybody else think this is another balance issue? or is it just a coincidence that all we see these days is berreta spys running around?
    Wtf... Tank is one of the best 1 on 1 classes.. use ionic cannon 1-2 shoots in the leg 3 in the head finish.~~ if you lose with a tank vs a spy who dont hit you with 2-3 ionics in the legs before you see him you make something wrong... but if you want to test it log a bhg spy and i log a tank and we go to neofrag or something than we see how op is the pistol spy~~...

and plz buff the apu that is what we need~~..
    yeah i know my english is very fine you dont must tell me this..

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    a loophole that shall be fixed. reload time is an essential component of dps balance.
    that said, it could be wise to postpone this type of threads until the launch of "sparta" (balance project test server), as it will be shipped with a clean dps based foundation for balance, as was previously announced.
    that ^

If people would start to use nanites... spy's wouldn't be so bad in 1vs1...

so .. who is who?

Last edited by nabbl; 01-06-13 at 09:10.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    If people would start to use nanites... spy's wouldn't be so bad in 1vs1...

so .. who is who?

Well if you do 1on1 with friends to practice and stuff like that you can use nanites, but in any other situation if you have to inject yourself 10 doses of nanites to get decent resists you will be dead by the time you inject yourself 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Well if you do 1on1 with friends to practice and stuff like that you can use nanites, but in any other situation if you have to inject yourself 10 doses of nanites to get decent resists you will be dead by the time you inject yourself 10 times.
    well .. where is the time difference between selfbuffing with nanites or dual logging a ppu in club veronique?

I am using nanites since release and beating every tank with them. If you have the tools ... use em.

I love how this defence always comes up. I can beat people so it must be balanced. Player skill has nothing to do with balance. Please understand that.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

player skill?

There are TOOLS ingame which nobody is using just because "it takes some time to buff yourself"...
    Nanites are clearly uncomfortable to use... and we may wanna change that but nevertheless are you discussing balancing from the wrong point of view.
    You all state that Spies are bad in 1on1s... but you don't even know their full potential. Player skill has nothing to do with that.

Buff yourself with nanites (which are clearly spy only tools) and go into a 1on1 against a gen tank and THEN you can discuss about the spy being to weak in 1vs1.

4 Injections, thats one tool load.
    I'm sure my spy can take more damage than some of your sucky tanks :P Luckily nobody uses nanites, spys are overpowered as is.

On topic: I agree that some pistols are "out of the line" strong (especially in combination with the runspeed possible). However the problem is not solved by toning down pistol damage. Every weapon types damage and the efficiency of PPU Shields should be toned down. Beam damage registry needs to be fixed also. Then we can discuss further 'imbalance' issues between the weapon classes. It is too early to discuss specific changes - bugs and underlying problems need to be fixed first.

Give the dev team the time to fix them bugs before demanding balance changes. If you demand them now you will be partly responsible for the fucked up outcome.

Also: If you have no idea of PvP - do not discuss about it, please.
    Last edited by slith; 02-06-13 at 14:01.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

where is the time difference between selfbuffing with nanites or dual logging a ppu in club veronique?
    Well first of all dual logging ppu is lame and additionally ppu buffs are much better than nanites.

"it takes some time to buff yourself"

This is probably the understatement of the year!

You are clearly talking about zoneline PVP, Im not! In a random PVP situation you cant use nanites because of the time it requires to inject them. I have used nanites for some time and they are indeed powerful for zoneline PVP, but for any other PVP situation they are obnoxious to use.

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post

4 Injections, thats one tool load.
    I dont believe this is only 4 injections, unless you have some sort of PPU buffs.

player skill?

There are TOOLS ingame which nobody is using just because "it takes some time to buff yourself"...
    Nanites are clearly uncomfortable to use... and we may wanna change that but nevertheless are you discussing balancing from the wrong point of view.
    You all state that Spies are bad in 1on1s... but you don't even know their full potential. Player skill has nothing to do with that.

Buff yourself with nanites (which are clearly spy only tools) and go into a 1on1 against a gen tank and THEN you can discuss about the spy being to weak in 1vs1.
    I think you need to read who is arguing what.

I said that alot of "balancing" discussion starts with "I can beat XYZ person on my [whatever class] so they are ok"...

These sort of posts come up all the time and they add nothing to the discussion. Mechanics get discussed and can be changed. For example - nannites. I made a thread a long time ago asking for nannites mechanics to be massively simplified. I wanted them to be able to be injected in a single burst (like PSI) and give the same kind of protection but be slightly different in terms of value and the like. The mechanic of administering them however is clunky and unwieldy and many people do not understand them. This is why I think they are not used more.

Slith everyone thinks theyre an expert in everything on NC, sadly it is up to us to ignore the people who have no clue.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast