Default Pistols need to be brought in line

I don't know if I'm the only one to have thought this, but does anybody else think that for the huge speed they allow its odd that pistols have about a similar if not greater dps than hc weapons? The dissy might have been the old god of pvp but in the current game is pistols I fear the most cos they don't slow people down (or do so to such a small extent I don't notice it) and yet they do about the same damage a hit that most hc weapons do, this while for the most part firing faster as well.

Does anybody else think this is another balance issue? or is it just a coincidence that all we see these days is berreta spys running around?
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Tanks arent meant to be the 'be all end all' to pvp.

What makes them balanced defensively is their 100 con, which obviously stacks with PPU shields. No other character has that. Nanites won't stack, PE shields won't stack. They shouldn't be the top damage class, period.

Also, out of the best two weapons for PvP, one is the Devourer.

And yet with the best con the berretta hits about as hard on a tank as a tank weapon hits on a spy, does that sound balanced?

And the dev is good sure... if the enemy is a slow as hell retard that sits there saying *me not likey fire man*. If the enemy is fast and smart they keep shooting from range thus being impossible to hit, especially if you hit the legs first as that literally means you cannot win the fight (again unless the enemy is a retard who stands still)

Aye, the pistol build always has been super strong.

BHG
    +
    3/4x ionic shotgun pistol

it's indeed very OP, and when you say you get nailed as a tank, now think how you get nailed as a spy

3x ionic shotgun pistol should bring you to 100 hp left and broken legs, you can finish with a baseball bat if you wish.

If they are going to be so fast with it out it needs to do less dps than it does now really, its bad enough that they have the ion pistol for a 1 shot leg breaker but then having the berretta to finish people off with ease its a bit much, especially as they can stealth if things start going wrong. I'm not saying tanks and other classes are useless... but if you want to pvp a spy has almost everything, damage, speed and a get out of jail free card, the only thing they don't have is resist but if you're fast enough with stealth who needs that anyway?

another big issue I've just noticed is people using more than 1 ion pistol at once.. (might be what you meant) literally you can have no gap at all between shots pretty much and leave most people on half hp. Sure you risk loosing 1 if you die but you also wont die if you have a half decent aim as half hp in 1-2 seconds (specially if those shots hit your legs) is quite hard to come back from (and half hp is about the figure a tank ends up on, other spys and pes end up on about 1/4 hp)
    Last edited by DIABLO666; 31-05-13 at 18:32.

The REAL Walker

CS/Dev/Ionic tank > Any kind of spy in 1vs1 (If equal skill), every time.

Dont whine about balance, when its clearly your aim that is lacking.

I do have a Pistol spy, and I also have a couple of tanks (one for opfighting and one for PP1).
    I would never bring my spy to pp1..
    Why would I, when I can log a tank, that can take a beating, and kill an unbuffed spy in 3-4 CS bursts?

My Pistol spy is being used for opfights only..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    CS/Dev/Ionic tank > Any kind of spy in 1vs1 (If equal skill), every time.

Dont whine about balance, when its clearly your aim that is lacking.

I do have a Pistol spy, and I also have a couple of tanks (one for opfighting and one for PP1).
    I would never bring my spy to pp1..
    Why would I, when I can log a tank, that can take a beating, and kill an unbuffed spy in 3-4 CS bursts?

My Pistol spy is being used for opfights only..
    Basically this!

Diablo do you think tanks should have the highest resists, high speed and the best damage? LOL

"And yet with the best con the berretta hits about as hard on a tank as a tank weapon hits on a spy, does that sound balanced?"

Maybe your setup sucks?

"And the dev is good sure... if the enemy is a slow as hell retard ..."

You mention the solution to your problem in the same post ....
    Why not shoot the legs of your enemy and THEN use DEV?

When you talk about ionic pistol dps you should keep in mind that you have to reload after every single shoot and often the reload doesnt work properly so you have to reload manually.

Cos then if you die you end up loosing a very expensive gun at a time when it cost 20mil to replace them. As for ion pistol it takes out legs in 1 shot and if people carry a couple they can shoot them with almost no delay. And do you think its fine for spys to have the best dps speed and a stealth tool to escape? At the very least tanks should be on par with the dps of a spy not below it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    As for ion pistol it takes out legs in 1 shot and if people carry a couple they can shoot them with almost no delay.
    a loophole that shall be fixed. reload time is an essential component of dps balance.
    that said, it could be wise to postpone this type of threads until the launch of "sparta" (balance project test server), as it will be shipped with a clean dps based foundation for balance, as was previously announced.

as you mention it takes 2-4 Ionics plus a woc weapon to compete with a tank with one gun... so it takes between 3 to 5 guns all rare or hacknet only to equal one tank, doesnt seem to unbalanced, just got to watch out for those min/maxers

No it takes 2-4 ions to leave any class utterly helpless you only need the berretta to win, the ion is just awesome to take out legs if you hit with it and make the fight basically a 1 sided slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    as you mention it takes 2-4 Ionics plus a woc weapon to compete with a tank with one gun... so it takes between 3 to 5 guns all rare or hacknet only to equal one tank, doesnt seem to unbalanced, just got to watch out for those min/maxers
    now if only this one weapon wasn't worth 5 times as much as the 3 to 5 guns combined...

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    now if only this one weapon wasn't worth 5 times as much as the 3 to 5 guns combined...

Cos then if you die you end up loosing a very expensive gun at a time when it cost 20mil to replace them. As for ion pistol it takes out legs in 1 shot and if people carry a couple they can shoot them with almost no delay. And do you think its fine for spys to have the best dps speed and a stealth tool to escape? At the very least tanks should be on par with the dps of a spy not below it.
    Oh sure if a tank loses a weapon its a big deal, but if a spy loses a weapon its no big deal?
    20mil seems exaggerated ...

Tanks are on par with spy dps or do even more damage.
    Spies have bad resists and die rather quick if you are able to hit them!
    I agree with you, that you should not be able to shoot multiple ionics with no delay.

I don't know if I'm the only one to have thought this, but does anybody else think that for the huge speed they allow its odd that pistols have about a similar if not greater dps than hc weapons? The dissy might have been the old god of pvp but in the current game is pistols I fear the most cos they don't slow people down (or do so to such a small extent I don't notice it) and yet they do about the same damage a hit that most hc weapons do, this while for the most part firing faster as well.

Does anybody else think this is another balance issue? or is it just a coincidence that all we see these days is berreta spys running around?
    Shoot their legs. Sorted.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast