Default Change red SL belt drops

Change the belt drops rule for red SL guys. Loosing 5 items at once is too hard. Make them loose only 1 item

Bad people are bad ! And it's now harder to play a red SL guy, ok fine, that's just normal you don't get any help from the city when you have done criminal actions.

Though, when you have bad SL, your belt is really easy to hack. You still have a safe slot until you are red (if I'm right). So you can actually play yellow SL and it's not too harsh (but you already loose an item everytime you die, which is already a strong penalty).

But when you become red SL :
    - you can't use GR
    - you can't use venture warps
    - you can't use vendors in safe zone
    - you have to do very hard and long missions in the waste to get your SL back
    - you are spotted all the time on the NCPD list
    - no hack needed for your belt
    - if you get killed, you loose all your stuff at once

The penalties are just too hard. Loosing one item in belt belt is enough !! You already have no safe slot and your belt can be open like a box ...
    Why would bad SL be unplayble like this ?
    The actual status seems unbalanced.
    Loosing you rare weapon is a very strong penalty (how much time does it take to get the weapon you use ? Like 5-6 hours I'd say for a rare).
    Loosing all your stuff at once is silly I think. A tank will care less (he will only loose weapon + armors). But PE and spies will loose weapon, spells (mostly PE, but they need slotted ones) and armors (but usually better armors since 99% PE & spies plays with PA).

Change the SL/belt rule to only loose 1 item whatever your SL is.
    I behave as a signature

I forgot to say that I don't have any red SL character.

I want to play one, I think I would really like it.

But I can't afford it.

(And I'm a (very) rich player.)
    I behave as a signature

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I support that, but not fully down to one item I think. 2 Items thoug, I would be okay with, 5 really is very much, especially with the safeslot gone the probability that the item within drops is very high with 5 items that get lost. Its practically a transition from "you can't loose the safe slot" to "you will, with high probability, loose the safe slot item on the first death"
    As long as there is a good risk for the safe slot its enough I think.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

If you make people not even suffer why would anybody care if they have red sl? sure theres a chance your rare could drop but theres also a good chance it will be a random bit of junk, especially if you fill your inventory with little bits of junk to increase that chance. Red sl isn't meant to be a different play style its meant to be punishment for killing people while giving people the option if they want to suffer for it.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

I still think the chance to drop your slot1 will still deter people from playing as a Most Wanted. To me it's either keep slot1 safeslotted or don't bother changing anything.

Red sl isn't meant to be a different play style
    Says you?

Says the whole idea of it really, if red sl was a playstyle they would instead make a faction that is enemy to everybody and the option to turn off the lock on your belt. But no it happens when you kill allies and other people you shouldn't so its a mechanic to stop people from doing this. You should just be thankful they let you kill allies, most modern games have setup a mechanic called *you cant hit allies* instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    Says the whole idea of it really, if red sl was a playstyle they would instead make a faction that is enemy to everybody and the option to turn off the lock on your belt. But no it happens when you kill allies and other people you shouldn't so its a mechanic to stop people from doing this. You should just be thankful they let you kill allies, most modern games have setup a mechanic called *you cant hit allies* instead.
    This is, and was never some linear game where the developers tell you specifically how to play.

Red SL is a playstyle and always has been. The only difference from before and now is the developers making harsher and harsher penalties to it.

This is Cyberpunk, nothing about it says fluffy bunny MMO.

Yes its not fluffy bunny so stop whining that you can't kill allies whenever you want without a penalty, this is cyberpunk so accept your harsh penalty for ally killing or choose a faction with very few allies, or failing that ask for a new faction with no allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0 View Post
    [B]
    Change the SL/belt rule to only loose 1 item whatever your SL is.
    Heya OP,

I'm very much against this idea.

The whole faction system is awesome and you need to carefully choose which faction you want to have ennemies you want.
    Some factions have more neutrals and other more ennemies.

And all the point of this SL is to make sure people respect their allies. If you start a killing on your allies and randoms in dungeons then you gotta pay the price for this rampage. Being lose more stuff out of your belt.

All the secured GR for extremely negative SL is just to ensure abuse where you can just run throu p1 and hide in your app like nothing happened.

If you want a full loot and chain kill noobs in w/e area whenver you want, you can play Mortal Online.
    People in MO run around naked with a spear and kill people all day long.

With 4 character slots available and unlimited free account creation, it's not that big deal to have a red SL character. Plus a clan for backup and you can be mr. douchbag all day long.

Sure you have to invest time to lvl alts but noone knows your affiliations.

Playing a red SL lone wolf, just one character/account, no clan... you are gonna have a bad time.

Please keep the current penalties.
    Last edited by The Red Guy; 31-05-13 at 19:15.

I regularly play a -99SL ganker. Sometimes my belts leave 10 items in them, not 5.

This is extremely harsh, so harsh that apart from a droner, I dont see much character classes that can be played as redSL due to that stupid item loss mechanic.

Epic weapons are not competitive, and also losing all your armor and tl40 healtool everytime you die is ridiculous.

No on SL changes

it should just be easier to acquire such items or even bringing lower tl weapons into competitive range of rares, so losing things wouldnt be as harsh.

while we are at it, i'd also give -sl players a free weapon of choice every time they die and 10m nc if they kill someone. 20m if the kill is from the same faction.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    while we are at it, i'd also give -sl players a free weapon of choice every time they die and 10m nc if they kill someone. 20m if the kill is from the same faction.

Yeah these ideas are awesome. Very constructive thank you.

I could handle losing 1 or 2 items as a "criminal" with bad SL and I do agree with Kame tbh. Losing all your items as a droner is not too bad as some of them will inevitably be drones. As any other fighting class though.... it could be painful. I like Castro's ideas, they encourage people to get out into the wastes and pk each other.

This is a good thing.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Yeah these ideas are awesome. Very constructive thank you.
    Way to show self control..
    If I had replied to that, I would have gotten myself banned

OT: I do agree, dropping 5+ items on death is just absolutely stupid.. No one is able to afford that kind of lost. And I do think that Red SL, should be a possible way to play (not easy ofc, but possible..)..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast