Default Enable NCPD list for high SL

I'd like a button to get the option to be tracked by the NCPD (same as when you are low SL).
    Name GPS, locator or whatever but the result would that if I want to give my position, everyone can have it by checking on citycom !

The point is to get more fight.
    I want people to come fight me even when I'm hunting firemobs or whatever.
    I want to find fight faster (I often run in the waste but the chance of an encounteer is really low). If the tracking was implemented, I could simply check the NCPD list and go where people are !
    I behave as a signature

Nice idea. I'd a similar idea a few days ago but I haven't yet post it.
    My idea was to implement a tracker item like gps-signal-generator or something else and
    a command to activate/deactivate it.

It would be nice if people can activate or deactivate their "location status"
    and the devs would add the locations of players to the Neocron API.
    Last edited by Kane Gregory; 31-05-13 at 09:44. Reason: because it's possible

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

Sounds like a good idea to me.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Sounds interesting, and shouldn't be too hard I would guess. As long as no one could turn off the NCPD tracking when they have negative SL it should be fine.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0 View Post
    I'd like a button to get the option to be tracked by the NCPD (same as when you are low SL).
    Name GPS, locator or whatever but the result would that if I want to give my position, everyone can have it by checking on citycom !

The point is to get more fight.
    I want people to come fight me even when I'm hunting firemobs or whatever.
    I want to find fight faster (I often run in the waste but the chance of an encounteer is really low). If the tracking was implemented, I could simply check the NCPD list and go where people are !
    Hey OP,

Imho this won't bring more fight but more gang bang.

In most PvP games, you can track low SL (or outlaws if you wanna call it) as a payback to their crimes (see SWG or EvE Online).
    But if you can now track down anyone in the game, then big clan will just hunt down people they want dead and harass them all day long.

It's gonna be 1 vs 5 each time your out of town.

So... No thanks !

The person on the receiving end in Castro's idea would be able to set this flag to on or off and so if people had a beef with him they could go settle it Fremen. You wouldnt be able to use it as a grief tool. I like it.

Maybe you could call them Bounty Hunters or something and have them pay lots of money to set this status up to encourage people to come fight them.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

So you mean a toggle ON/OFF to be tracked ?
    Sounds not RP at all to me.

Could be fun to set trap tho... "Hey I set my GPS ON, come track me at Outzone 5 trololol"

Tho what could be fun is some kind of feature where you can try to hack the citycom and access to the runner position, tho a firewall protection would warn the runner that his position has been accessed...

That would be more RP plausible.

The hacking idea sounds interesting, would make the 'bounty hunting' just a bit more of a team effort if you don't have hacking yourself.
    Titan - *Random Name* Wulf

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post

Tho what could be fun is some kind of feature where you can try to hack the citycom and access to the runner position, tho a firewall protection would warn the runner that his position has been accessed...

That would be more RP plausible.
    This idea is interesting and as you say, certainly more RP in what is a cyberpunk world. Would also give hackers/pure hackers more use/things to do outside of hacking OP's, farming Ionics and hacking Belts.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy