Thread: Body Count

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Body Count

A Body Count/statistic is a nice feature and kinda fun. Just add it to the runner info.

Mutants, runners, plants, vehicles, NPCs, insects, the whole megillah!

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Yes! Would be an amazing feature.

It would be amazing if we would have such an information in the damage-log-files.

We could then put it into the logalyzer: http://www.neocron-is.com/statistics

Or make the stats available via the Neocron API.

Great shout, regarding 'runners', make it count faction too!

Stealth Wipe Victim

Yep, like this one!
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Not wishing to sound like a miserable sod but wouldnt it just make lots of work actually storing the data? I realise individually it sounds good but if you are trying to track every stat and kill for a few thousand individuals surely it might get tiresome after a while?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

No way. This sounds great! As for storing, this is just a tinyamount of data, and easy to retrieve like a name on a dog tag, or the amount of money you have.

Also add counters for: # of times you were killed by another runner.

e-peen enlargement

Sounds like a good idea for anyone that likes statistics. If numbers is your thing then by all means track it. You can see how many thousand grims killed or warbots hacked. You could even keep a tab on it to see how many kills it took for the mythical addtech of cs to drop for you

Time since char made could be another good one for speed levelling if someone wanted to set a record for example. There was an iron man contest in wow once. players started from level 1. they were not allowed to do instances at all and must equip and use only white level gear (crap basically) and if the char died even once they must delete and re-roll back to level 1. it was a test of endurance to see how far people could go.

The reason i reference it was because it was community driven and was fully endorsed by the devs. i cant see that happening in nc (can you imagine using storebought weapons for the whole grind) but if someones crazy enough to try a stats tracking thing it could be very useful in tracking this. It would be a different kind of (and very hardcore version in terms of pve at least) nc experience. It would definitely not work with the LE out which would make it even tougher when the malus kicked in but its another idea of a player initiated event that the stats data would be useful for.

not just for e-peen enlargement
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I like the idea !!
    (of the first post, I didn't read all)
    I behave as a signature

Great. A list full of Regants Mobs, Firemobs and Chaos Cave Critters for every character! Those with Warbots in top3 will stand out.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Hey OP,

I'm not sure this is doable with the actual game engine.

Also it would add more traffic which you don't really want... right ?

I don't know what the game engine is capable of. How am I supposed to know? I guess it's not that big deal to log that kind of information. Heck, it doesn't have to be realtime and update on every single kill.

A part of the community rush to cap and use the same old fast lvl spots... good riddance. Who cares? The whole thing is meant to be a fun stat, nothing else.

You know it would get exploited by a 0/2 baseball batting his second account toon to death in his appartment to get 'the high score'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast