Thread: LE clans

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    my idea of a clan? the ultimate end game in neocron is to control OPs thats not an assumption or my idea thats fact - all that leads up to it, farming rares, levelling, Woccing all leads into better characters and weapons for taking and holding OPs.
    again, that's what you think or even want. i know plenty of people who don't care for pvp because it is shit (and it REALLY IS shit compared to any other pvp oriented game out there). those people don't care for your idea of what you think "end game" is.

holding ops does exactly nothing. at best you have a better time constructing rares. other people just hunt high level mobs all the time or play the market, or find exploits and cheat because they are so bored by the game that they can't be bothered actually playing it any more.

we would actually have to compare the number of players actively taking part in your idea of the end game and capped players doing something completely different to really say what most people actually do with their time, when they reached the end of their leveling curve.

if you can form LE clans you are taking away IMHO the biggest bonus of being un-LE'd which is being in a clan. making LE'd clans is taking a massive leap backwards from the small step forward the volunteer team have made with regards to de-incentivising the LE
    you take NOTHING away. it's a bonus nonetheless. the existence of le clans does not dimish the benefits a non-le'd character gets from joining a clan in any way.

what's with this "making" of le'd clans? you don't need to make anything. just pull out your le before at 0/2 join a clan and put it right back in? there... le'd player in a clan.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    what's with this "making" of le'd clans? you don't need to make anything. just pull out your le before at 0/2 join a clan and put it right back in? there... le'd player in a clan.
    Dude, wrong forum. Post that on the bug section.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    again, that's what you think or even want. i know plenty of people who don't care for pvp because it is shit (and it REALLY IS shit compared to any other pvp oriented game out there). those people don't care for your idea of what you think "end game" is.

holding ops does exactly nothing. at best you have a better time constructing rares. other people just hunt high level mobs all the time or play the market, or find exploits and cheat because they are so bored by the game that they can't be bothered actually playing it any more.

we would actually have to compare the number of players actively taking part in your idea of the end game and capped players doing something completely different to really say what most people actually do with their time, when they reached the end of their leveling curve.
    are you just trolling being retarded or actually touched?

if all the players in WoW stopped raiding and PvP and started comparing dance moves in one of the shared areas (cant be fucked to remember one) does that meant that the actual end game shifts to dancing? let me help you out with this one because you might struggle....the answer is NO!

Back when NC was at its peak OP fighting was the thing that happened the most, just because as the player base has dropped off and game mechanics and balance has changed does not mean the intended end game concepts have changed

you take NOTHING away. it's a bonus nonetheless. the existence of le clans does not dimish the benefits a non-le'd character gets from joining a clan in any way.

if you add more bonuses to having an LE then people are less likely to take out their LE whereas the recent patches have been to encourage people to remove LE - I really dont know how to spell it out to you any clearer if you still dont get it I may have to draw a picture in coloured crayons and hope that such a minimal level of intellect is enough for you to understand

Enti. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

You are argueing against something for the sake of arguement. Just give it up.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Nc exists because of the PvP not the pve content. That is a fact.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Enti. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

You are argueing against something for the sake of arguement. Just give it up.
    Well I've made my point clear, that LE clans should exist in-game. Just no-one has presented a convincing or solid argument to why we shouldn't have LE clans.

And has anyone considered the newbie experience that LE clans could offer new players?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Nc exists because of the PvP not the pve content. That is a fact.
    Don't be daft. You can't do PvP without doing PvE first.
    Last edited by Brammers; 28-05-13 at 16:54. Reason: Will's post

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    And has anyone considered the newbie experience that LE clans could offer new players?
    yes such a safe and comrade-like environment they wouldnt want to take their LE out - which is what everyone has been saying

Well isn't it about people having fun rather than them participating in pvp. If they cap and get decent gear and encounter a big pvp fight they will certainly become curious, and it's up to the player whether they want to take the risk and pull the LE by then to try that aspect of Neocron.

I remember in the earlier stages of retail nc1 one or two gaming magazines dared review Neocron and were mostly negative about the very unforgiving experience for new players, and with the playerbase not being huge at the moment we could welcome new players and offer them a bit more leeway.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    yes such a safe and comrade-like environment they wouldnt want to take their LE out - which is what everyone has been saying
    Hmm... a safe and comrade-like environment which the LE offers now and the safe and comrade-like environment a LE clan would also offer. Sounds like it makes no difference whether you give players LE clans or not.

The end result is the same a safe and comrade-like environment.

Hmm... a safe and comrade-like environment which the LE offers now and the safe and comrade-like environment a LE clan would also offer. Sounds like it makes no difference whether you give players LE clans or not.

because a newbie runner would make so many more buddies running around solo with LE in having no idea what hes doing than joining a clan from the start?

I think there is plenty of reasons why le clans are a bad idea. It's all in this thread. Everything not posted by enti.

This is cyberpunk. Not cybersimsonline.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Stealth Wipe Victim

The devs have made it clear both via the malus changes to the LE, and their own comments that they are focusing on a PvP centric game. While they stopped short of making the LE pop out at level 30, the malus changes make it clear they want it out for high level players.

I would agree to LE-clans for newbies if the LE popped out at xx/30 automatically. That justifies helping new players into the game. Anyone who has been around since NC1 accepted the game as PvP centric.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post

EDIT: At one point as well it was easy to be a high level conster/resser and have a very viable pistol spy pvp set up.
    Zeroing in on this point, I think this is also something a lot of people seem to forget.
    There were a few very skilled constructor spies who could also kick ass with a RoLH.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think there is plenty of reasons why le clans are a bad idea. It's all in this thread. Everything not posted by enti.

This is cyberpunk. Not cybersimsonline.
    I or enti has made the same sort of points on LE clans.

The LE hasn't changed for 10 years (Except for the LE penalty) so I guess this game has been in cybersimsonline mode for that long.

The PvP'er need to allow the PvE's to play this game the way they want. The game isn't going to grow if we are hostile to LE players playing this game.

well hostility and insults is all you will ever get from the pvp oriented players in this game. it probably is a testosterone problem, i don't know. having valid counter points doesn't equal being stupid. you need to learn that other people have other ideas of the game.

i'm partaking on many activities in neocron, pve as well as pvp. i don't see either as proper end game. just as different fun activities i enjoy until i'm getting bored of the game and move on. i might have more / different insights than the purists. maybe not. but who cares, you certainly don't.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast