Thread: LE clans

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default LE clans

Hi, i'd love to see LE clans implemented so pure tradeskill and rp clans can exist.

I would propose the following limitations:

LE clan => LE members only
    LE clan => No op hacking

Maybe even a reduced price of the LE clan key to allow new players to easier form more permanent groups while leveling, when i played that other game with elves, orcs, and dwarves briefly on a f2p server (i would never pay for that) and having a clan while leveling was a positive experience.

What's everyone else think, and maybe i forgot crucial points?
    Poke me baby, one more time!

No. Runners are not runners till they remove the le. Till then they are still slaves to the machine. They need to remove the le to free themselves and enjoy the benefits of a clan. This idea would promote the le. It has no place in nc.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I'm a massive LE using carebear and I say no also.

There are prices we have to pay to being immune to other runners. No clans is one of them

Sadly, LE must be kept with major drawbacks to limit it's presence in the game.

Allowing LE clan would be the end of NC pretty fast. As most player would remain with LE the PvP would slowly goes down.

it's a MMOFPS with major pvp features after all !

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    ... LE clans ... so pure tradeskill and rp clans can exist.
    There is no need for LE clans!
    Pure tradeskill and RP clans can exist, you simply have to take out the LE.

yeah LE clans isnt a great idea. i agree with the majority. The LE doesnt invite roleplay it kills it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    yeah LE clans isnt a great idea. i agree with the majority. The LE doesnt invite roleplay it kills it.
    first of all, le clans are perfectly possible. iirc you can pull out our le join a clan and put it right back in? the clan's creator doesn't even have to stay in the clan at all so you could just ask a friend to open one for you.

secondly you can't force anyone to rp and most of the time it's actually the non-le people, the pvp crowd, who won't give two fucks about lore or rp.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    iirc you can pull out our le join a clan and put it right back in? the clan's creator doesn't even have to stay in the clan at all so you could just ask a friend to open one for you.
    Does that really work?

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

first of all, le clans are perfectly possible. iirc you can pull out our le join a clan and put it right back in? the clan's creator doesn't even have to stay in the clan at all so you could just ask a friend to open one for you.

secondly you can't force anyone to rp and most of the time it's actually the non-le people, the pvp crowd, who won't give two fucks about lore or rp.
    As technically attacking any enemies of your faction is, an inbuilt method to promote role play (following your factions politics/lore), which can only be accomplished by players with their LE removed I think you'll find you're talking rubbish.

I'm for this. I proposed a similar idea a while back. And I see no harm in allowing LE clans.

To the thread starter I can see the usual anti-LE people around here saying no, as their interests are PvP. That's their choice because they pulled their LE out.

This game is a MMORPG or MMORPG-with-FPS. It' is not a MMOFPS. A MMOFPS game is something like Call Of Duty.

So what does allowing LE clan's have on PvP? None. All LE clan's is doing is allowing members to share an apartment and use the Clan channel. This doesn't effect PvP at all. and I really don't see how it effects roleplay. The only difference when it comes to roleplay, is you are potentially RP'ing with a clan of players. If you asked me, this increases the potential for roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    As technically attacking any enemies of your faction is, an inbuilt method to promote role play (following your factions politics/lore), which can only be accomplished by players with their LE removed I think you'll find you're talking rubbish.
    since the le is part of the lore i think you'll find you're talking rubbish.

neocron is an mmorpgfpstps. the only thing massive in cod is the amount of money thrown at it for it's development. it's also massive bullshit. if anything planetside 1+2 can be called mmofps.

If this does happen we'll need another easy way to identify non LE runners though.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

since the le is part of the lore i think you'll find you're talking rubbish.

Are you fucking stupid or something.
    You completely ignored the validity of my point. (are you really disputing the lore regarding faction relationships..?)
    How does an LE clan help with faction politics and relations when all they want to do is hug their factions enemies and give them cookies.

Wise up, this game has always been primarily pvp focused end game.

Having people able to clan up with their LE in, means they will never contribute/take part in the end game that the game was designed around.

People can keep their LE in if you want, but it's always been pretty simple if you want to join a clan you have to take your LE out. It has always been a case of trading the security of an LE for the backup and support of a clan.
    Last edited by Netphreak; 28-05-13 at 12:52.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Enti get your facts right before direct quoting someone to counter the point they make. I will write more properly later.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Are you fucking stupid or something.
    You completely ignored the validity of my point.
    How does an LE clan help with faction politics and relations when all they want to do is hug their factions enemies and give them cookies.
    Then perhaps LE runners should be denied voting in the faction elections, and LE clan's should not be allowed to appoint a representative to stand for election.

Wise up, this game has always been primarily pvp focused end game.

Having people able to clan up with their LE in, means they will never contribute/take part in the end game that the game was designed around.

Taking your LE out to join a clan has always been a case of trading the security of an LE for the backup and support of a clan.
    You forget the RPG bit of Neocron. Some people don't want to PvP.

Also what's stopping you from offering money, a nice rare etc to pull their LE out to take part in the end game? Clans and players should offering incentives, not discouraging them from playing the game.
    Last edited by Brammers; 28-05-13 at 13:06.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast