former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    3 interesting skills, since FOR and PCR are now separate resist.
    I believe H-C, FOR, PCR mirrors R-C, T-C, AGL well enough to restore Marine to same relationship as SF - distance / SWAT - CCP
    I'm still getting used to the new resist calculations, but I'd argue that making Marine str/for/pcr would only be a very slight improvement. Probably not enough to make it a desirable chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    I'm still getting used to the new resist calculations, but I'd argue that making Marine str/for/pcr would only be a very slight improvement. Probably not enough to make it a desirable chip.
    Typically, I can't say things straight. I meant the combat skill, because Tanks have enough STR sinkpoints imho. But that would require making 2 chips, for hc and melee.

Now I think just making the +STR "normal" (that is 3.88) would make it more attractive. TRA:+15.21 FOR:+9.51 PCR:+9.51 can stay as it is, because H-C Tanks always have problems with TRA because cannons weight 10kg more than other guns.

And I think currently most players severely underestimate importance of FOR, which is like the most important resist for pvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    Typically, I can't say things straight. I meant the combat skill, because Tanks have enough STR sinkpoints imho. But that would require making 2 chips, for hc and melee.

Now I think just making the +STR "normal" (that is 3.88) would make it more attractive. TRA:+15.21 FOR:+9.51 PCR:+9.51 can stay as it is, because H-C Tanks always have problems with TRA because cannons weight 10kg more than other guns.

And I think currently most players severely underestimate importance of FOR, which is like the most important resist for pvm.
    I do think this provides enough STR to be of benefit to Private Eyes too.
    I do not think that all elements of the Marine CPU should be STR related.

My recommendation:

Marine CPU
    81 STR Requirement

STR: +4.63
    TRA: +15.21
    PCR: +9.51
    WEP: +9.41

INT: -1.00
    HCK: -5.02

ALL STR classes require Weapon Lore. No STR chips give Weapon Lore. People would probably use this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Shadow View Post
    ALL STR classes require Weapon Lore. No STR chips give Weapon Lore. People would probably use this.
    That's a valid point. Certainly worth dropping one of the resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Shadow View Post
    I do think this provides enough STR to be of benefit to Private Eyes too.
    Should have been: I do not think this provides enough STR to be of benefit to Private Eyes

Indeed a bonus to wep lore would be nice to have in a str chip (perhaps to nice), all these spys trying to whine that tanks can put all their points into hc while they need to split them in dex seem to have completely forgotten that wep lore affects damage and aiming so if anything spys have more points to put into things to improve their guns damage than tanks do.

And even ignoring that the point remains the marine is a worthless chip not even a new player would use, hell even if it was str 20 and shop bought I wouldn't use it right now even for leveling
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

100 int and 100 dex vs 25 int and 75 dex is hardly a comparison.

Some versatile useful across the board type of skills would be good. You could pick from any one of a number of secondary combat skills (Tech combat, wep lore, etc etc) to make the chip worthwhile to whole lot of different classes.

Make it give +melee +heavy and +tech combat even and drop weapon lore or vice versa. Anything but the current bs.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12