Cool Neocron Needs You! - Faction Representatives

Hello Runners,

The time has come to expand our Roleplay & Content Team and as such I am on the lookout for a number of individuals to join our content team and take on the role of Official RP Characters. The aim in the not too distant future is to bring more and more of the relationships between factions in game to the fore, while fleshing out the Neocron world with more content and experiences.

Development of faction relationships will be delivered through a web of Faction Representatives much like the former Faction Assistant and Faction Councillor projects before it. Members of the Faction Representatives scheme must be dedicated to the lore and storyline of Neocron and will work on the team to create events, drive the politics of their home faction and contribute to the Neocron world with their own ideas and suggestions.

Much like the Neocronicle Reporters the role comes with an account for the RP character, meaning you will not need to use up a personal slot. The character will have a modified skill set and special 'Faction' to separate them from normal Runners, allowing the character to stand out from their faction.

The intention is for these characters to be active in the game world for a few hours a week, as well as at events. The vision here is of hopefully generating more spontaneous and “day in, day out” content as well as more structured story driven content for the Neocronicle.

Official RP Character Responsibilities include:
    • Never breaking character!
    • Representing Neocron's role play scene in the best possible way
    • Encouraging roleplay in the player base
    • Contributing to the advancement of their Faction
    • Helping to organise events
    • Providing support for Faction politics

Your application must be in the form of a short character bio (no more than 150 words) telling the “origin story” of your Faction Representative persona.

At the moment we are looking for one Faction Representative per faction, for the following factions:
    • Diamond Real Estate
    • NExT Systems
    • Tangent Technologies
    • Biotech Systems
    • ProtoPharm
    • Tsunami Syndicate
    • Black Dragon
    • Brotherhood of Crahn
    • City Mercs
    • Fallen Angels

Official RP Character applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have strong English language communication and writing skills. Additionally you must have played Neocron 2 for a minimum of 6 months and have excellent knowledge of the game, its lore and its history.

When applying please include the following:
    • Your Neocron 2 Forum Account name
    • Your Neocron 2 Game Account Name(s)
    • Full legal name
    • Date of birth
    • Location (country) & time zone
    • Bio/origin story of your RP Character
    • Faction name of your choice

Once your application is ready, please e-mail it to applications@neocron-game.com.

I look forward to reading your submissions!

Cheers,
    Triv
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

good move. i hope you follow up with some game mechanic changes to back it up.

Wow, this is just awesome. I hope you find some good people to do it, it was an awesome idea when they tried it in nc1 before but sadly didnt work out too well then. Hope it's different this time, that'd do the game so much good!
    Poke me baby, one more time!

I would love to do it for any one of a number of factions but i think it would be too difficult. Simply i cannot make the event times. Im between 9 and 11 hours ahead of UK time and 8-10 hours ahead of Germany with most of the events keyed around the peak times for these players. Turning up as a Faction Councillor would be tricky or i would be very tired from an early wake up. If you think this wont be too much of a problem i will gladly apply.

(yes i will even be diamond real estates faction councillor :P)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

fόr einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Question: Are you more interested in people that apply for a faction that they do not mainly play in (meaning active characters and faction representatives could interact quite well with each other), or more that people apply that mainly play in the faction they apply for or at least have strong ties? (meaning that active characters might not be able to interact with the representative in the game, maybe a clan bias or such things, but on the other hand better faction identification of the representative)

On the idea I am a bit split (Not sure if I wouldn't prefer representatives that are active runners in a faction), but I find it encouraging that the representatives should be only a few hours a week, cause the last time we had "RP characters" we only saw them at events and many were stunned who they are and why they have to say anything (as could be witnessed with the "Who was this Jack Red" Questions, after he was killed).

Great intention anyway, and I hope it brings more life to all factions
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I would love to do it for any one of a number of factions but i think it would be too difficult. Simply i cannot make the event times. Im between 9 and 11 hours ahead of UK time and 8-10 hours ahead of Germany with most of the events keyed around the peak times for these players. Turning up as a Faction Councillor would be tricky or i would be very tired from an early wake up. If you think this wont be too much of a problem i will gladly apply.

(yes i will even be diamond real estates faction councillor :P)
    Well when you play there would probably not be too many other officials on so you could keep the population coming from those parts of the world occupied no? I mean what happened last time this system was tried was that the US players were left behind with not much to do in their peak timeslots.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

I would love to think so. I'm gonna send em a pm about it and see what's what. I genuinely want to help out and be involved.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

How is it coming along?

Do you still seek people for all those factions? Or are some taken?
    And do you seek people as representatives that play that faction mainly or others?
    I may not agree
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Applications are still open for all factions. Regarding your query on faction selection (sorry i seemed to miss it): Reps can represent a faction they are an active member of, their character will be a totally new character but must remain strictly detached from their own private characters. In an ideal world Reps would represent a faction they are not active within but that will not be considered a roadblock for any applications.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Once upon a time long ago when this program first came about I was the Faction Rep for Biotech. It was great fun and I encourage anyone that enjoys a bit of RP and fun to apply!

Good luck to all!

If biotech does need one, might have to come back.
    BIOTECH
    “Custom Evolution”
    Cirith Mourningstar

Do it dude. The more the better.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Applications are still open. I hope to reply to those who have contacted me already by the end of the week. Sorry for the delay in getting back to those who have already applied.

Please see the recent Development Update for more information.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

So, how is this project coming along?
    Gone to sleep again?
    *drops a alarm clock as a precaution*
    I may not agree
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

This scheme will be relaunched in the future after internal review. At this time there is nothing new to report.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team