Thread: Fusion weaponry

Default Fusion weaponry

I would like to propose that fusion weaponry is changed so that all fusion weapons (rifle pistol and cannon and even drones too) perform the same function.

I would like to see all of the fusion weaponry hit multiple targets when the round is fired. I would like to see all fusion AOE weapons have a maximum target splash of up to 4 targets. (ie a small splash field)

The redeemer currently has this range bonus but I would like to see that replaced with the aoe effect. The fusion weapons look like shotguns and they're fucking cool so I would like to have them as a rifle version of AOE.

The executioner would be cool as a fusion pistol aoe. This would complement the low tech rocket pistols nicely. The PE would still get a line he can use and the spy would have aoe too now as he needed it (rifle and pistol).

I would also like to propose removing that eye cancer causing white flash that occurs when fusion cannon rounds impact on their target.

Please can this happen in the balancing?

The only flaw I can see in this plan is that the PE still has no rare aoe weapon. However he would finally have high end high tech aoe weapons (like the tl 83 fusion pistol - the Ryker Atomfist) and so this would complement his development nicely all the same. Going from nothing to something is better than nothing at all.

I would like to see a rare rocket pistol too for low tech pes but that is for another thread.

Comments/thoughts/flames/feedback?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Nice suggestion. Might make people use the Exec again, for something other than cool looks and that thump sound it makes when you fire it.

I like everything beside the "max 4 AOE targets" suggestion.

Instead I would suggest that the more targets hit, the less damage per target.

Why?

Not a flame. Genuine question. I think AOE is overpowered as it is generally at the moment and so propose a 4 targets maximum limit on it so that other players can get a look in and not just be one person robbing all of the XP in a levelling zone.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Why?

Not a flame. Genuine question. I think AOE is overpowered as it is generally at the moment and so propose a 4 targets maximum limit on it so that other players can get a look in and not just be one person robbing all of the XP in a levelling zone.
    i honestly don't think this is feasible or could be explained lore wise. why would a weapon hit 4 targets only? i can't think of a reasonable explanation to that mechanic in an aoe context. i do however agree that fusion should behave the same across all types of weapons.
    Last edited by eNTi; 27-05-13 at 15:19.

What eNTi I said.

If something impacts a target that radiates damage around the hit point, surely anything around it (unless you would take line of sight into consideration) would get hit. There is simply no reason why only 4 (or any other number for that matter) targets would be hit.

Common sense beats lore when balancing weapons out gents.

I feel like that's a separate issue for another thread. I do like the idea of fusion weapons being AOE.