Thread: Dome of York

Lightbulb Dome of York

First I have one thing to get off my chest: I hate you all. You've done it. I'm currently leveling my 17th character ^^ I really thought I'm done through with NC...

Well, back to business.

It's a shame the DOY is abandoned. It's huge, has 10 times more style, bloodstains and dirt than Neocron.
    The north vs south idea didn't work out. Raiding the other City was near impossible because of the guards, freeze etc.

How about get the "DOY" factions back to the Dome HQs but let them keep the NC HQs, TH for the Angels, Mercs MB and the Canyon for TG. Further get the NC corporations locations/outposts in the dome. (the more the merrier) I mean Reza is dead, no hard feelings.

Bring back the DOY guards and give them the same job the NC Copbots have: to serve and protect. Keep the faction relations as they are, DOY and NC are accessible for all runners.

Again the Dome is huge and there is plenty of room for additional ideas like adding another faction *cough* anarchy breed *cough* or outpost districts which can be seized by clans like regular outposts. Add a couple of new appartments etc.

I'm curious what you guys think of the idea. I simply love the DOY and can't endure to see it dormant. (I still know the way through the Dome by heart damnit )

theres been several threads on the topic. Its massively underused. agreed. not sure about some of these ideas u mention red but do a search on some of the ones from past. there were some great ones.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

they need to turn that hell hole into an endgame dungeon with different areas with loot; itll be like people living there.

That place was a terrible starting area

I'm against that the DoY factions go back to the dome.

Okay currently it's really abandoned and nearly empty but I think it's a good spot to insert further content to the game if the current
    things are fixed.

There are a lot of possible content:
    - a new intelligent mutant race
    - high lvl endgame dungeon (not only the sewers and cellars)
    - a few mission npcs
    - maybe the new home for the anarchy breed and outlaws

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

It definitely needs content, high level dungeons etc. I'd also say reintroduce traders in the city centre (have it as the only guarded sector), maybe leave the rest of the city to mobs, mutants, anarchy breed etc would move in once the place was abandonded i'm sure.

it screams high end dungeon/(dare i say it) raid. like i said. search the threads.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I don't think it does the Dome justice to simply pack a bunch of mobs into it and make the whole place a dungeon.

At least revive parts of the sectors to something city/outpost like. Make a more or less secure path through the districts to the city center and bring the shops back. Since they plan to introduce a new faction -> lots and lots of space for low low prices.

Swarm the other city sectors with a wide range of (maybe new)mobs and create lvl spots for mid and end range. We definitively need new ones. Last but not least open a couple of endgame dungeons connect them with new faction missions and DOY has something for everyone.

Wrap it up nicley with a story and it's done :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Gregory View Post
    - high lvl endgame dungeon
    - a few mission npcs
    This!

Add some shops to the area right outside the GR. The Dome should function as the black market, that basically looks like a shabby flee market.

They have weapons on display, food and luxury goods like tobacco, coffee, clothing and maybe some unique furniture.

It would be great if you could actually buy these here!

Make it look like this? http://kaesestrahler.deviantart.com/...rket-254158635

Not sure about bringing Faction HQs back to the Dome, but it should be utilized for some something more than it is now.

I think it really should have some more use, it's been a huge anticipation for many years by the nc players and it was kind of a let down when it didnt work out as well as intended. Maybe with the bad SL rules in place it could be transformed as a haven for the less law-abiding people with some appartments and genreps that do work on low sl. Maybe even some DoY guards that shoot do-gooders?

And it's ofcourse the ideal place for a fox hunt!
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Gregory View Post
    I'm against that the DoY factions go back to the dome.

Okay currently it's really abandoned and nearly empty but I think it's a good spot to insert further content to the game if the current
    things are fixed.

There are a lot of possible content:
    - a new intelligent mutant race
    - high lvl endgame dungeon (not only the sewers and cellars)
    - a few mission npcs
    Sounds like good stuff !

Agreed with The Red Guy, SO much work put into DOY and no-one has reason to go there, it's sad ! :-(

Endgame dungeons and a home for -SL runners under the same roof is a bad idea imo. The Outzone Jail is the place to be for the bad guys. No reason to encourage "bad behaviour" so ppl can enjoy living in the DOY.

After all, isn't -SL supposed to be a punishment?

Raiders of the Lost Ark.....

Quests - assloads of quests for looters of old technology and new stuff. Fix the guns that you get up there and cut down the mission by half and then put more in there.

It needs to be a massive PVE-fest. High end dungeons, massive teams. Battlegrounds mixed up in it. Make this thing more popular than regants.

It already has the uber mobs to fight but noone goes there because they dont REALISE how good it is and how noone else goes there to level and so you get left alone.

All the cool people level in DOY. It is awesome for Melee levelling.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    All the cool people level in DOY. It is awesome for Melee levelling.
    As long as you stay the hell away from the DoY unit'ish mobs there.. Those bastards are scary!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Stealth Wipe Victim

Make each zone an Outpost, so it can be captured like a player city. Combine that with shops and possibly with items you can only get there, or a high level quest so you need to fight over it to be able to access the quest dungeons.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Quote Originally Posted by SynC_187 View Post
    Make each zone an Outpost, so it can be captured like a player city. Combine that with shops and possibly with items you can only get there, or a high level quest so you need to fight over it to be able to access the quest dungeons.
    I would rather it be kept separate from the PVP crowd tbh.

I would like aspects of it to be available SOLELY for the PVP crowd to fight over but I would like to see parts of it appreciated and enjoyed by the PVE players too. The LE'd guys would need their place.

It doesn't need shops imo (except an ammo vendor and a drug vendor - maybe) but having something for both sets of players would heighten the experience for all.

I would like to see some of the Pepper Park fighting move to DoY to the battlegrounds there but noone goes there right now as most dont even know its a battlefield sector!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"