Don't eat that yellow snow

Default Remove ability to drop/pick up items to/from ground.

How about that? I can imagine it would take away quite bit of load from the servers when it doesn't have to track items that have been dropped to the ground. This would mean ofc that all trading would have to happen trough the trade window. I can't offhand think about what it would break in the game but does someone else have ideas where this would affect?

So what would ya do when ya caving and accidentally make to much ammo/heal nanites/survival kits?

Also when hunting how would ya empty corpses of useless crap to keep the respawn rate good?

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

what....?! - No!
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Don't eat that yellow snow

Neocron is one of the few games that allow "littering". Other games have a destroy function for items in inventory/corpses you don't want to carry anymore.

it makes the world feel more real.

Lose the ability to drop items? Are you crazy? >.> That's how I get items to my other characters, standing in the entrance foyer to the other chars apartment, drop the item, then swap over and pick them up.
    Titan - *Random Name* Wulf

Crap idea. Totally against it. This is not wow. We have midnight zone resets for a reason. I am happy with things the way they are. Thanks for posting though.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

No. No. No. items need to be a fixed in place and time. hence realism.

OP does bring up a point that we should have an alternative way to transfer items between characters via "mail" etc.

Mail would be good, but I'm not sure how much reworking that would require to allow it.
    Titan - *Random Name* Wulf

Totally against this idea, it's part of neocron like rats in the sewer.
    Not gonna happen.

Tho working again on the mail system would be nice.

How else would people throw booze all over the dance floor during a NeoCast party?!

Hello no! Stay away from Neocron's litter system! <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    How about that? I can imagine it would take away quite bit of load from the servers when it doesn't have to track items that have been dropped to the ground. This would mean ofc that all trading would have to happen trough the trade window. I can't offhand think about what it would break in the game but does someone else have ideas where this would affect?

Lack of trading ability between chars other than a multi access cabinet such as a clan apartment or a public box out in plaza. That right there is the biggest flaw. let alone any others posted above.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I hated that they took that ability away from any newer game I can think of. It was usual in the beginning of MMORPG days, and it really adds to the flair. It gives people a freedom to do some crazy things. I wouldn't want to miss:

- People throwing a unneeded rare to the ground for the first to get it
    - People throwing a low TL gun to the floor and announcing a Rare
    - Sectors littered with Beer or Preachers or Warbot Cola
    - Seeing the remains of a Rat or a Warbot on the ground as sign that someone else was here recently, or maybe is still here

I'd rather have that feature implemented in newer games, than the new games bleeding back to this one.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

although this does open up the idea that maybe all characters on one account cant use each others appartments - it does maybe spoil the RP aspect of having different characters but makes it easy for people to transfer items between characters