Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Default Mass Forum Email/Forum Amnesty

Just a question, have the dev team considered emailing out everyone registered to this forum? I imagine a lot of people would still be interested to see this game is still alive and being worked out (and free!!). Plus the forums unfortunately aren't quite as active as they once were. Maybe a few old faces would at least hang around and shoot the breeze?

Also, what about unbanning people for past discretions We've all grown up these days (I hope )

Sounds like a great idea to me,

I think the question is when to do it, might be worth doing it when Sparta is running?

Nidhogg vs Vetterox - Round 2.

I miss Marx's posts the most tbh.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I'm happy to review anyone's ban upon request - I've lifted a number already. Also, if you're posting under an evasion account and would like your original account back let me know (I promise it's not a trap!)

I'm not sure about mass-emails. We would probably want to wait until we reach a more important milestone.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

tanks sind imba ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    I'm happy to review anyone's ban upon request - I've lifted a number already. Also, if you're posting under an evasion account and would like your original account back let me know (I promise it's not a trap!)

I'm not sure about mass-emails. We would probably want to wait until we reach a more important milestone.
    yea awesome. milestones!

good to hear things like this.
    i hope somewhere there is a milestone for a serious serious business plan

mass emails meh.

I think It's a good idea. I know a lot of old players that I don't know how to contact that would LOVE to hear NC is getting interesting again.

On another note, Mr. Ramjet, I wish to protest your signature. I do believe that is MY title you seem to be flaunting.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Nidhogg vs Vetterox - Round 2.

I miss Marx's posts the most tbh.

Vet vs original monk. so much fun to read.

Carinth. always interesting and usually right.

Jernau. Same.

Shadowdancer/arcadius. hilarious.

Hivemind. When he did post he was someone to listen to and take note of.

with an unban we would end up with some total asshats back. Im sure some have grown up and i would hope so but knowing that some havent would just be too much to bear.

As roger said. we are all getting older. Do we not have less tolerance for idiots these days? i know i do.

its a big gamble. However. on the flip side when/if balancing gets started or finished that would presume to be a big enough milestone to me. especially if finished.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

I also think during balancing would be a good time to get more people in, they may not be coming back to the full majesty of NC, however there will be more players to hopefully get the balancing done quicker and more accurately.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Vet vs original monk. so much fun to read.

Carinth. always interesting and usually right.

Jernau. Same.

Shadowdancer/arcadius. hilarious.

Hivemind. When he did post he was someone to listen to and take note of.
    None of those people you mention are banned.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Howdy! I think it's a great idea. Seems like the worst outcome would be that someone unsubscribes from the email list, which wouldn't be different than their current status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    the video short you are looking for is called "Farm Sluts"
    ironic, isn't it?

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

That's pretty cool I think a lot of vets would be impressed with the Dev teams recent posts and develoments since taking over, especially some of the posts from Zoltan about make the game more hardcore again.

@Apocolypsox: I'm working hard to retain that title one day at a time

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    That's pretty cool I think a lot of vets would be impressed with the Dev teams recent posts and develoments since taking over, especially some of the posts from Zoltan about make the game more hardcore again.

@Apocolypsox: I'm working hard to retain that title one day at a time
    i think dev´s already achieved a milestone resetting everything and make the game fun to play again
    you just need to advertise it more and the people will come i guess(i infected 1 guy with neocron since im back and damaged infected me and that was just "word-of-mouth advertising")

so why not unban all the guys to bring back serverstats of 30+% each day - if they do shit again they get banned again so who cares

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Just a question, have the dev team considered emailing out everyone registered to this forum? I imagine a lot of people would still be interested to see this game is still alive and being worked out (and free!!). Plus the forums unfortunately aren't quite as active as they once were. Maybe a few old faces would at least hang around and shoot the breeze?
    (I hope )
    It is something we have considered and are planning to do when we feel the time is right.
    There are still a few roadblocks that need to get out of the way, including a decent PvP balance and the return of a proper website.
    Like everyone else, I hope we'll get there soon™, but I would not hold my breath for any MMO making big calls to action in the middle of summer.
    When we make the effort to greatly improve player population by means of marketing, we want the best chance of sustaining the population gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    It is something we have considered and are planning to do when we feel the time is right.
    There are still a few roadblocks that need to get out of the way, including a decent PvP balance and the return of a proper website.
    Like everyone else, I hope we'll get there soon™, but I would not hold my breath for any MMO making big calls to action in the middle of summer.
    When we make the effort to greatly improve player population by means of marketing, we want the best chance of sustaining the population gain.
    i honestly don't see an improved player population without bringing the ui, graphics and handling to an acceptable level. there might be some retro gamers out there who can see past necrons MANY short comings, but almost all new players will be put off by the game big time. i think we can be pretty happy the game is till played at all.

but... i have been proven wrong before.

I do agree with eNTi that many of Neocron's bulky and old handling will put a lot of new players off.

Lag, model animations and their smoothnes, synching, all that stuff that makes the game feel bulky and old, that only some of us can look past, will easily put others off.

The problem is that none of it is easily fixed and at some point I think it will be something we have to take as fact while the game is improved to the max within the shell it's in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast