Default Faction Sympathy issue related to new runners

Heya all,

There is some issue since the last SL patch about the faction system:

Before patch, while creating a character, you'd start with -14 to ennemy faction and -10 to neutrals.
    Slowly this would generate up until it would reach +10 to ennemy/neutral and +14 to allies, which would give an early possibility for runners to change faction.
    They would run lowbies mission of any sort from Very easy up to +50 then switch faction.

BUT NOW WITH PATCH =
    The faction doesn't regenerate and stay at -14 and -10, which mean the newbs have to run TH mission (killing anarchy breeds) in order to grind up their faction.

THE ISSUE=
    It's kind of a trouble for TRADESKILLERS based characters like conster/resser/barter as they won't be able to kill anarchist.
    Also it's a big issue for low lvl runners to actually run the changes.
    Sure an old 10 years veteran will find his way to make the faction increase, yet a noob will be in trouble.

POSSIBLE FIX=
    New character start with +10 neutral/ennemy and +14 to Allied faction right from the start.
    OR
    Faction symp and SL auto regen until xx/10
    OR
    Faction symp and SL auto regen until removal of LE

K that's all I wanted to say good luck :>

You raise some good points fremen. I agree with you. However i disagree on the noob part. The player makes a choice of faction at the beginning. Then he will level up and run his epic and get closer to 50 or above and will have a theoretical better idea of the game. Then he can decide if he wants to change faction or not.

The mindset of a new player is pick a faction that he or she likes the sound of and stay there for a while learning. The neg symp wont affect him in the beginning. Then later he can run missions etc killing AB.

Tradeskillers on the other hand. they are affected and your idea is a good one to help them.

But turning it round and please allow me to play devils advocate here.

Why the hell would you want a trade skiller char hopping factions? seriously. the epics are mostly about killing stuff etc. Tradeskillers do not kill people. they make the weapons that kill people. if someone wants an epic done they should use a char that can get it done.

So while i do like your ideas im offering counterarguments that will no doubt come up. Unless your a dribbling idiot like some of the "posters" with actors in their avatars.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Aye I agree with what you said Doc,
    Tho, The point is for the past 10 yers, every runners had his factions sympathy at 10 which allow access to very easy mission.

But the SL patch has a side effect which was not intended (and not discussed) by the devs.
    This side effect is that now you start characters with -14 in most sypathy which completely DISABLE the mission system that we know through the terminals.

I think such decision must be thought and not left as a simple "worthless sideeffect".

As for what you say, there are actually a lot of reason to change early in the factions appart from running epics... You could change to join friends you just met, join a clan, etc.
    And thanks god you can do this ! It's part of neocron complexity and gameplay deepness that you have multiple factions and that you can change it. We don't want a game where you are stuck with your choices made when you first made a character. "You should have thought more about which faction to do" is not a valid argument.
    I'm talking here about the this side effect of the SL patch only. Not the system as a whole !

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

runs off to change my avatar
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    POSSIBLE FIX=
    New character start with +10 neutral/ennemy and +14 to Allied faction right from the start.
    /signed

Stealth Wipe Victim

If its an inintended side affect of the patch, post it as a bug for fixing. Rather than make changes to the game to work around it, the problem should be fixed.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Quote Originally Posted by SynC_187 View Post
    If its an inintended side affect of the patch, post it as a bug for fixing. Rather than make changes to the game to work around it, the problem should be fixed.
    Aye, true.
    Well as long as it is seen by the devs, it's all that counts.

Can we move this to bug reports please ?

I hope devs have seen this issue :-(