Lightbulb Push Trader, new Items.. :)

Hey everyone,
    some thoughts about new items

In this topic, I prefer once only the INT skills (except implanting and hacking).

for all classes:
    WoC 1 PA: the current one
    WoC 2 PA: just change the existing two colors with each other (for example -> monk: WoC2 PA is white with black strifes)
    WoC 3 PA: red PA with (white-) faction/Clan Tag on the back
    WoC 4 PA: yellow PA ;p - here you can choose between your name, faction/Clan Tag and an logo - maybe^^
    WoC 5 PA: the golden one

Ressearcher: [WoC INT]
    WoC 1 Item: Ceres Ressearch Tool (ressearch speed increased by 15%)
    WoC 2 Item: "Fun"- Item, like a monocle or a lupe at his head

Constructor: [WoC INT]
    Woc 1 Item: Ceres Construction Tool
    -> Option 1: guaranteed one slot (only for non rare weapons!)
    -> Option 2: It is now possible to produce series. (You can give up to 5 orders, which are then made ​​automatically)
    WoC 2 Item: "Fun"-Item, like a hammer or chisel or wrench at your armor/belt

Barter: [WoC INT]
    WoC 1 Item: difficult! Maybe a second implant (+ 10 Transport, + 10 Barter, - 10 TC for example)
    WoC 2 Item: "Fun"-Item, like a black suitcase

Special Armor (PA):
    There are a lot of armor in the game, yes - but I think a few more would be better
    Some of them only just for fun, but everytime with sense (make it more RP ;>)

* Droner PA
    Requirements: DEX: 80 (Class Spy/PE)

Modifers for Spy: DEX: +2 ; Remote Control: + 19
    INT: - 2 ; END: -22

Modifers for PE: DEX: + 3 ; Remote Control: + 18
    RC: -25 ; END: - 19

* Constructor : a blue Coveralls with some tools on the front (hammer e.g.)
    * Ressearcher : a white lab coat, with some tools on the front (lupe e.g.)
    * Barter : a black suit, like Mr. Jones (much coooler with sunglasses!)

If that is not possible, it should also do other colors.

Cst, Res, Brt PA:
    Requirements: INT: 80 (Class Spy - I know that PE or Monk can that2, but not as well..)
    Modifers: INT: + 3 ; Cst (or Brt or Res): + 19
    TC: -22 ; RC: -22

Other Items:
    * Machina Driving Glove
    * Barter Glove or Implant or a DoY Eye or add the brt skill to existing implants (e.g. Hawking CPU)
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

A lot of thought has gone into this and I like it.

I was previously against batch processing construction jobs, however, making it a WoC reward seems appealing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    I was previously against batch processing construction jobs, however, making it a WoC reward seems appealing to me!
    I was always against it, but as a WoC reward, I think it would be quite nice.
    On the other hand, there are not many options for trader WoC, I think.

And it's not necessary that WoC only deals with PvP.
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Stealth Wipe Victim

I was talking to someone about this last night while bored doing faction symp runs.

I like the idea. Tradeskill only items that have a negative effect on combat won't harm balance or anything, but give a good reason to do WoC on a tradeskiller. The only issue I see is you would have to cap and get WoC as a combat char and then lom. Getting it as things stand currently as a trader would take years.

I don't see much harm in batch processing, however I would be happy if they just brought CST in line with RES. One click per item, instead of having to keep moving cubes.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

The ideas are very nice and well thought. I really like the Barter look as a Mr. Jones styled character
    Off course I'm against automatic ressearch sessions of 249 ressearch jobs. But a legal way by implementing a woc ressearch tool with a process amount of 5 is a good compromise. There are a lot of people who are bored to klick every 5-100 seconds on the start button to ressearch weapon parts or any other item. While you wait for the finish of the 5 jobs you can do something else...

i would support this IF and only if they'd make it impossible to level trade skills through fighting and vice versa. i really don't want to basically HAVE to level a droner in oder to max out my potential as a crafter/resser and i find the whole idea of this being done all over the place ridiculous. imho you should only ever level the actual skill when using it or anything that is related to that skill.

woc research item. microscope.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    woc research item. microscope.
    The simplest things almost never come to mind ;D

Magnifiying glass would be better. I like the tool belt idea though. For the look, it would be epic. Or a hard hat. A yellow one.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    The simplest things almost never come to mind ;D
    <3 i take it we agree on that.

Salvage tool. Crowbar hahah. (gotta be easy to model right?)

Construction tool. Tool box.

Recycling tool. Big green bin? (that last one is a sort of joke.)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

i don't think we need NEW items really, when the one's we have are party not implemented (eg. quality on res tool), not useful (eg. hack tools > tl30) or buggy (eg. salvaging tool). as already stated the devs are trying to want to make use of the actual available assets rather than making new ones and i agree.

sadly i can't see anything been done in that direction at all and i also agree that fixing client crashes is way more important, although those changes could probably be done by different people with different skill sets.

but yes, this is the brainport and we can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i don't think...........
    As stated this is the brainport. These are ideas. Woc has nothing for Intelligence and specifically nothing for tradeskillers. I think that gives it a right for discussion Whether this gets addressed tomorrow next week or in 5 years by our grandchildren who are still playing this game isnt so relevant. At least its been covered suggested and discussed.

Content being fixed is one thing but new content is also beneficial.

Hack tools really dont need higher TLs than the basic imo. Its a hack tool. it gets you in to what ever. If your gonna scale it then have it give extra "lights" at higher levels but higher level hack pretty much takes care of that. I would flatten it off at one level. Salvage tool to this day i have never used and the res tool doesnt need a quality % on it i dont think.

that would solve that. now. about these new items?
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    As stated this is the brainport. These are ideas. Woc has nothing for Intelligence and specifically nothing for tradeskillers. I think that gives it a right for discussion Whether this gets addressed tomorrow next week or in 5 years by our grandchildren who are still playing this game isnt so relevant. At least its been covered suggested and discussed.
    yes and no. they are ideas and that's ok for the brainport. no on the fact that int needs woc. getting to woc with a trade skiller is very much unlikely unless you level him as a fighter. which defeats the purpose of playing a trade skiller. it doesn't really reward a player that wants to play a trader. so unless something is done in that respect i don't want this see the light of day. you are just shafting traders who do not care for farming/el farid as a droner/apu hours on end to get to woc.

Hack tools really dont need higher TLs than the basic imo. Its a hack tool. it gets you in to what ever. If your gonna scale it then have it give extra "lights" at higher levels but higher level hack pretty much takes care of that. I would flatten it off at one level. Salvage tool to this day i have never used and the res tool doesnt need a quality % on it i dont think.

that would solve that. now. about these new items?
    i'm not saying hack tools need the higher tl versions, but the same could be said for the other items and yet they are in the game. lore wise you could argue that low level hack tools are not sophisticated enough to deal with the higher difficulty of the tasks. point is, they are in the game and serve no purpose atm. i'd like them to have a purpose because it gives depth to the game. as would different qualities on other tools.

imagine crafted tools with a quality of 120%. these tools give you a 20% bonus when researching/crafting. each time you process something the tool might get damaged as weapons do. those tools could be repairable with a max quality loss. you could introduce rare tools which are the only ones going to 120% in the first place, while normally store bought are at max 100%. researching rares could have a much higher chance to damage the research tool. same goes for crafting rare weapons.