Default PE are worth less , Dieing class

Hey all
    i came back to NC after 10 years and i made a pe
    well i capped him no WOC , my char is a pistoler pe , it was hard as hell , probebly harder then any other class, no range, enemy full power on u , no decent dmg to mobs

after i capped him and equiped him with alot of good stuff i noticed that PE worth NATHING in PVP unless they
    WOC and then the class have some influnce in pvp ( not much , but some ) .

WOCing dex on PE is the hardest thing ever , when u get 80 base dex on pe u have around 30 million dex xp
    now to get WOC u have to go up to 260 million , 230 million u have to get with shiti drones cuz there is not a single chance to do it with pistols.

i will give an example
    while spy need to go up 160 million with punisher
    PE goes up 230 million with RG 1000
    its unbearable !!!

PE class is DIEING , they are unblanced , to much hard work for such pvp sucker

im sry i have invested so much time at this char for nathing i should have done

GM's PLZ DO SOMETHING , help that poor class to get some decent position in NC PVP

like ur Motto NC A world where you can make the difference ( well PE not )

yes pe is a pain in the ass. even the psi "advantage" is negligible because low level shields and heal are worthless. even then you are almost required to wear a +dex glove anyway to get to higher tl weapons. they could just remove psi from the pe altogether. i don't really see the great advantage in the low level buffs. you don't have time to recast them anyway, because you will die trying.

you are also worthless without the most rare imps in the game. don't even think of using a decent weapon. that the tsunami epic rifle is crap is just the tip of the iceberg of an overall subpar class.

i think you can woc the pe via h-c. i'm not sure how, but i think with drugs you can actually use a winding argument.

this class is all about drugs drugs drugs. it was once quite good but they nerfed everything with low tl to hell and back and buffed high tl items, which the pe can not use.

also choice in this class is illusionary. end game it's dex. there's no other option, because it's his main stat. don't even try to argue you can go h-c or even m-c because that's just bullshit with dex base at 80 while str is at 60. pe is just a crippled spy with better resists, which are not nearly strong enough to make up for the obscene damage some weapons do in comparison to what a pe can use. yes you can do some fun stuff with the pe if you cripple yourself enough, like rezzing or use duranium, but all that hardly matters in op pvp. maybe pe is just not meant to op-fight.

people who are using pe's effectively are a rare breed and i commend them for their persistence. they seem to like the challenge.

Welcome back. Don't pay attention to the babbling of fools. Yes the PE is all messed up currently. I think EnTnoobI is referring to capping con and str with a heavy weapon. Drones to woc or rifles of you don't mind a Redeemer. The dev team is trying to concentrate on the most important issues and slowly getting to the PE.

For a brainport thread this sure looks like a lot of moaning. I have not seen one constructive fix suggested yet. It looks like it belongs in the community talk thread.

Enti I had to laugh at your suggestion about removing PSI from a PE - they already did that 11 years ago but someone with more sense than you called them spies.

As for the rest - the xp gain from Low tech weapons (with the added bonuses to high tech weapons pushing the difference even further) is currently rather slow.

However numerous threads on the subject of PE's have been raised in recent months by various members of the community in order to buff and balance the class in line with the rest of the game. Perhaps you could do a search in this forum and add your thoughts and experiences to those threads to see if there is something perhaps the rest of us have overlooked and to keep those threads alive and kicking so that our beloved class continues to get the attention it deserves.

P.s just so you know - a Phosphor modded Wyatt Earp can tear through spies. I have been using one just lately on my PE (in order to woc him) and I have held good account of myself with it. You can ask the 2 woc spies Doc and me fought with at battledome recently

They are underpowered yes and vs the most average tank you will struggle but versus a monk (if there are any left) or a spy you can do ok if you can keep up the damage. If they bring a ppu (should that be when?) then you are pretty much screwed but for solo fights and lone stalking of levelling players the PE is a lot of fun still.

Besides doesnt it just feel so much sexier when you drop someone with all the gear and no idea versus your clearly "underpowered" class?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

well i have to admit that i'm quite a newb in many aspects of the game, especially pes. i just leveled all classes and even went to 260m xp on my tank accidentally just by farming fire mobs for rare parts. in that respect the pe was ok to level for the most part via h-c, but i don't see wocing him any time soon. i've never had too many problems figuring out what to do next to be able to use the next best item upgrade on my other classes. i do however struggle somewhat when "designing" the next stage for my pe now that i'm almost capped.

his low base stats make it difficult to do a proper itemization. the h-c pa 3 for example at 80 str doesn't seem to be reachable without rare imps or drugs and even then i struggle to get to 80 str. i have NO IDEA how to use the 90 str h-c pa. i also don't understand why the genotoxic suits do not give dex and why there's no woc pa for pistol pes.

maybe it's not that this class is underpowered. it's quite potent in the right hands in one on one scenarios (which are rare in opfights, i guess). it's just a very difficult class to play (right) and that's by no means what the description of the class is implying.

well after u asked here is a few suggestion:
    1. Change the amount of total XP in dex for WOC a PE to 200million insted of 260 million
    2. make new dex pistols and rifle with high req of dex + req of 50+ str , that doing a decent dmg in pvp ( that effect from both ur dex and ur STR) or insted only useable by PE
    3. fix ion pistol reloading problems
    4. make the ppu spells that under the tl 35+ boost abit ,
    5. make new pe pa that doesnt effect the ATL or AGL and give RC/PC , that doesnt effect the size of the char ( harder to hit)
    6. make a better stealth tool to PE ,
    7. change the low lvl dur armor to less STR req ,
    8. make new HC and melee weapon only availble to PE that doing decent dmg
    9. Make more AOE pistols and some AOE rifles ,
    10.Give a better Drug ressist to PE class , that he barley have a Drug Flash
    11.give a free whore from PP to every PE to make his live less sad

Pe can get 103 dex without drugs for the desperado and do alright with it. Try it. You need all the imps though.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Use herrads tool or nskiller to make a good setup.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Use herrads tool or nskiller to make a good setup.
    used nskill quite a bit, but it delivers questionable results. for example putting a droner imp just for the dex seems a bit counter productive. i've not seen nskill provider a setup for str with any pa > v2, so i can't tell if it's not possible or if nskill just isn't very good. don't know the other tool though. url?

yes you can get up to 103 dex with ALL THE FUCKING imps. that's insanely expensive or hard to farm. that's weird for a class that is supposed to be a solo class. it is much easier to achieve similar results with a spy or a tank. it just doesn't really fill a interesting enough niche to make up for all it's short comings. advantages/disadvantages are simply not balanced. maybe i'm just doing it wrong.

i say: buff low tl items and nerf high level. make pe able to use antis. add a +str, a +dex and a +str/dex glove that lets you cast psi spells.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

I stopped playing PE in NC 1, and haven't begun again yet, but can someone explain to me why better balanced Weapons (That make Epic weapon setups or lower rares useful again), in combination with useful, unimped, undrugged useable spells in the PEs reach wouldn't make the PE quite playable again? Im thinking a bit lower damage but higher Damage survivability than a spy.
    At least thats what I would hope for coming with the balancing of weapons and similar things.
    As soon as a Liberator is a useful PvP weapon again I somehow see light for PEs, or am I wrong?
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

In my mind the PE stands for lower damage with better protection.

With that in mind I would suggest that the damage is actually quite alright as it is.

The class just needs a major defense overhaul (in my opinion).

Dip sf SWAT either or coord 3 and I believe balance advancer plus the cm back bone and you are sorted. It's not that hard to get that. Besides if it was too easy you would get bored. You will need a pa. Pa2 works from what i remember. I don't know my pes exact set up now as I'm at work but Its not far off. So don't cry on the forums about how its too hard to get.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Dip sf SWAT either or coord 3 and I believe balance advancer plus the cm back bone and you are sorted. It's not that hard to get that. Besides if it was too easy you would get bored. You will need a pa. Pa2 works from what i remember. I don't know my pes exact set up now as I'm at work but Its not far off. So don't cry on the forums about how its too hard to get.
    there is a MUCH better setup than this for desperado. But of course I won't tell :-P

Bend Over, Touch Your Toes Load's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    there is a MUCH better setup than this for desperado. But of course I won't tell :-P
    OT:whats the fucking point of you posting if youre not adding anything to the conversation except conveying your "holier than thou" twattish attitude?

Back on topic there should be a big overhaul both ways - such that the user can choose to have the PE with big resists and lower damage (tank like) or big attack with lesser resists (spy like) but obviously not as compatible - at the moment this can only be obtained by either going HC for tank like (which needs an overhaul because of how shit the weapons are or going for low dex weapons which the damage is shit on anyway.

If you were going "spy like" the weapons at the higher end of a PE's dex spectrum need a boost as the damage there is less than fun

Quote Originally Posted by Load View Post
    OT:whats the fucking point of you posting if youre not adding anything to the conversation except conveying your "holier than thou" twattish attitude?
    That is because people arguing about balancing all the time without seeing the current possibilities. There is a way for a PE to get to Desperado without drugs, without WOC PA and with a Protopharm resist chip. Problem is that people don't try hard enough.

If you say the PE is underpowered than you can't say that for all the aspects of the class. You can't even say that for all the settings he is able to use. We have to stop crying and stop putting out generalised phrases and start at the very ground of all problems. And this is the WEAPON BALANCING.
    Maybe the Private Eye isn't so wrong with low techlevel weapons doing more damage. Maybe my Desperado setup will become superior with all the things you suggest for the private eye?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast