Default Faction symp issues and possible sollution.

Hello all,

my idea is as followed:

currently my runner hase -27 faction in the faction i would like to move to this is prefenting me of running the faction missions.

my idea would be to remove the minimum faction req of all the verry easy missions so that runners with negative faction can still work on theyr faction to get it up especialy with the current faction not regenerating at all.

let me know what you think.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

That is a really good idea.

I like this idea.

It's currently possible to repair it. However i'm not sure if using an alt to kill for symp is permitted.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Its also possible to repair it with the Tech Haven Missions (Corporate Contacts). They give missions regardless of Sympathy, each mission has you kill 20 Anarchy Breed Harassers or Anarchy Breed Aggressors. The come up in a dozen mostly. Each successful mission gives 5 Sympathy.
    In theory thats how you are supposed to fix negative sympathy at the moment.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Its also possible to repair it with the Tech Haven Missions (Corporate Contacts). They give missions regardless of Sympathy, each mission has you kill 20 Anarchy Breed Harassers or Anarchy Breed Aggressors. The come up in a dozen mostly. Each successful mission gives 5 Sympathy.
    In theory thats how you are supposed to fix negative sympathy at the moment.

ye in theory , would it not be that all of those harrasers are all standing in 1 place ontop of eachother they are 80/80 *** level and hit harder then a copbot ...

so in practice killing 20 for 5 faction is impossible ( i know i tryed )

so ppl that just want to switch faction can not unless they kill a mob stonger then a copbot so if they dont have a clan with a ppu and long range shooters to back em up they can not change faction

the whole techhaven missions are 1 big joke atm

that is why i suggest the removal of the min fact req for the verry easy missions so that all lvls and all players can get ther desired faction .

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by durex84 View Post
    [...] and hit harder then a copbot ...
    I didn't know that, thought they might be doable since they are /80. But I also saw a few times yesterday that Aggressors and Harassers are mostly mixed up in groups, so essentially that meany kill more or less 40 of them before the mission is over.
    Even if you find a few ones that are around in pairs (don't know if they were lured that way or just spawned that way. but I saw a few) it would be really tedious.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I like the idea. Doing the shit jobs to impress a faction even if they don't like you currently has to impress them a little bit. Props for this one. Simple and effective.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I like the idea. Doing the shit jobs to impress a faction even if they don't like you currently has to impress them a little bit. Props for this one. Simple and effective.
    Sums it up for me as well.
    Would be easy to implement.

As for ye TH AB missions, I fear that until weapon damage, resists and mob damage are all balanced we're gonna be kinda screwed trying to complete them.

thanx for your reactions i hope the DEV's like the idea enough to implement it as fast as possible

yeah. good suggestion.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

First of all, sorry for digging up this old thread, but it's kind of relevant to me.

I am one of those peacefull players who like the game, like to mind my own buisness and like to go solo, perhaps doing a little trading now and then and sometimes, when my own skills aren't enough, ask for a little help with implanting of construction. Can do it mostly for myself, but from time to time...

I've been changeing factions, and to date been doing five of the epics, for five different factions. But the really booring thing is, when ever I want to work my way up to a sympathy of 50, I have to start with the easy missions, killing spiders and bees and whatnot. It's booring, frustrating and not fit for a guy who would rather hunt launchercyclops and roam the wastelands on his bike.

So... How about it? Will you remove the minimum sympathy restriction from the quick missions? It would be an exellent way of allowing people to not only, step by step fix there low sympathy, but also a great way to build up to a faction change, if one would feel like it.