Default Remove SL - More use of Faction Symp

It was suggested to me that I write my own topic on this after writing the below in another thread. Feel free to comment away.

My vision below.

Soul light is removed from the game entirely;
    Faction sympathy will play a bigger role;
    Neutral factions are removed, either friendly or hostile;
    Killing hostiles increases your faction sympathy (there will need to be thought out some stuff to prevent exploiting on this one of course);
    Killing allies reduces your faction sympathy;
    0 faction sympathy makes you Anarchy Breed;
    Being Anarchy Breed makes you hostile to everyone, including other Anarchy Breed, further pro's and con's would have to be set up;
    To rejoin a faction a lot of stuff needs to be done, so you can't simply exploit faction symp by killing hostiles to get back up or something;

Remove the entire SL system, let us focus on one thing and one thing only, faction sympathy. We are living in a post apocalyptic world, who cares about their souls, we just want to survive

Anarchy Breed could give the penalties negative SL currently gives inside the city. Outside the city they would have little problems. Putting this in place ensures that naughty people still have trouble in the city. Let's face it, I doubt COPBOTs can read people their souls to see if they have been naughty or not. They are not santa claus. However it does make sense that they can check tho which faction a player belongs. Scanning them and finding that they are Anarchy Breed would lead to the shit negative SL currently leads to.

Additionally I would love the LE to work only in designated zones, it would fit the above vision, however that will have to be left for another discussion.

Every Faction get's guards outside their offices. Hostile factions are KOS. Put some fighting back in Neocron.

Anarchy Breed is shot by everyone. Copbots, faction guards alike. Anarchy Breed will give the benefit that you can kill everyone as everyone is hostile, but you'll still have some problems maneuvering through the city as you have the old negative SL reductions (such as GR/app access in the city).

All Plaza & Viarosso zones are safezones. Weapons can't be drawn. All other zones can be fought in fully! I'm posting that here as I think it is a requirement if Soul Light is removed.

Clanned Trade Skillers and non LEd noobies will have the Plaza sectors to trade in without worries.

There will have to be something thought out for belt hacking/drops. This is currently based on SL level. This would have to be based on other stuff.

You guys should think of other names for Anarchy Breed.

Criminal
    Rogue
    Lone wolf
    Psycho
    Anarchist
    Murderer

Another idea to think about:

Remove safe zones completely in the city. You can still draw weapons and fire them.

People that belong to a faction get a bonus buff that enables a city protective shield (god mode). So you can't harm eachother.

Anarchy Breed does not get this bonus buff and are attack-able. This puts control back in the players hand to defend the city from Anarchy Breed folk.

Disagree. No red vs. blue. Thats my point of view.

We had this and kk split the whole factions. Red to the dome - blue stood in nc. It just killed the game. With your idea you gonna kill alot of variety neocron has.

Every though about that copbots are connected to the the NEXT genreplicators which sends over whos gun killed a player? Cybereyes probably recorded the last pictures before death? So copbots always know who is naugthy.

Soullight is a bigpoint in neocron and should stay.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

I don't thnk that it would turn NC back into Red VS Blue. There would still be neutral factions and the current constellation allowing for a more complex faction dynamic.

But i like the idea of a Karma system like Soul Light that is not connected to politics.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I don't thnk that it would turn NC back into Red VS Blue. There would still be neutral factions and the current constellation allowing for a more complex faction dynamic.
    In the initial post SilentEye had this included:
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye
    Neutral factions are removed, either friendly or hostile;
    And I disagree as well with that point. i like neutral factions.

I could imagine have most things dependant on Faction Sympathy IF it was harder to get than now, not easier, as proposed.
    Soullight currently is hard to get which is fine. Faction Sympathy is quite easy to get in most cases.
    I also could imagine Belt Security being dependant on the sympathy for the current faction.

But I also think the system as is is quite fine with both Faction Sympathy AND Soullight.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I am with powerpunsh on this one. It's not a great idea. You're taking the nc out of neocron in my mind. Red vs blue was doy. We dont need that coming back again sorry.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I really like your system for the new Anarchy Breed or as you call it the "criminals" a lot.

I never understood the concept behind neutral factions in Neocron. Neutral means that you are not a combattant in the war and therefore it is not allowed to attack you. A RL example for this is the role that Switzerland had in the two World Wars. However, in Neocron you can kill them anyway with a very small punishment. What's the use behind that? If killing neutrals was heavily punished I'd understand it but this way it does not make sense to me to have neutral factions. They are being killed anyway, like enemies.

The general concept of soullight could still be of use but I am not sure how. As it stands now it is mostly there to punish killing allies. That's all it does. This could be done more effectively by losing faction symp and throwing the guy out of the faction, as you proposed. Turning him into a criminal that can be hunted down and who does not have to pay attention to faction relations and can kill everybody. Very cool.

I wonder if people really read your inital post completely or if they stopped reading after the first proposition regarding the replacement of the soullight system, cause it certainly feels like.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    I never understood the concept behind neutral factions in Neocron. Neutral means that you are not a combattant in the war and therefore it is not allowed to attack you. A RL example for this is the role that Switzerland had in the two World Wars. However, in Neocron you can kill them anyway with a very small punishment. What's the use behind that? If killing neutrals was heavily punished I'd understand it but this way it does not make sense to me to have neutral factions. They are being killed anyway, like enemies.
    My take on neutral factions was either they are non-aggressive or enemies, and this depended on the relationship ship you built with clans in particular factions (I remember as Tangent on Nc1 we had our hands full fighting FA and TG, only for neutral Crahn to start being aggressive towards us).

The option was there to actually interact with them and potentially resolve any issues in a roleplay perspective. Taking away this element detracts further from the RPG part of the game in my opinion.

The disregard of neutrality only leaves one conclusion to me: today's the players have been dumbed down by binary and totalitarian thinking.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^