Default Soul light is eliminating PvP and hurting population.

I understand that some non LE pvp players want to honor the color system. A lot of pvpers want more freedom of choices and consequences. We are forced into a playsytle that causes less fights and less reason to play and stay entertained.
    My first proposal is allowing positive soul light gain by killing enemies of your faction. I d like to hear why some think not fighting is what pvpers want. id also appreciate quick fix solutions to the problem. having a place for negative soul light characters should also be an issue instead of costing us more players.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Instead of SL, have everything dependent on faction sympathy only. CA will shoot those red to them ( they do in Plaza1 ), and CopBots should shoot real enemys' of the city which is only TG (also perhaps Anarchy Breed). We should expand on this idea, because this is far from complete and likely has lots of holes.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    My first proposal is allowing positive soul light gain by killing enemies of your faction.
    We had that once, was only exploited, everyone had or found a Soullight whore that was killed as long till the SL was 100 again. Horrible idea. You have freedom of choice by the way. You just do not have freedom of consequences.

I agree on the Place for negative SL characters, but the Devs already said they want one too. so I guess you will get that.

[Oh and by the way, The Crahn Sect are also enemies of the city I guess, as they want to take over again.]
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    We had that once, was only exploited, everyone had or found a Soullight whore that was killed as long till the SL was 100 again. Horrible idea. You have freedom of choice by the way. You just do not have freedom of consequences.

I agree on the Place for negative SL characters, but the Devs already said they want one too. so I guess you will get that.

What he said.

If you want to kill everyone play FPS games.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

I actually had A LOT of fun back when you gained SL from killing enemies of your faction.
    Loved going into a fight with shit SL, and come out with less shit SL..

But as others have already mentioned, some people exploited it like crazy
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post

[Oh and by the way, The Crahn Sect are also enemies of the city I guess, as they want to take over again.]
    This!
    You will have to be patient and wait for a better implementation.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

To be fair, dont forget there wasnt one scrap of code written to try to stop people exploiting it last time.....
    If something is implemented without any fore thought what so ever, you cant blame the abusers for abusing a mechanic.

I personally like the idea of it being soley based on faction sympathy - im sure i remember a time before "soul light", maybe it was just called something else, something not as stupid sounding as soullight.....

having "red and blue" is fine, but each should be treated equally, in a game like this it is pathetic to have a "red is dead" attitude, this is not WOW.
    Sure, have the "government" hate and try to kill people they see as 'bad" people, but it should not make gameplay as difficult as is now, nor should the playerbase attitude be that of Reeza.

Be patient, they have said repeatedly they are working on a better SL system.
    SL gain on hostile kill is exploitable like mentionned.
    Just make sure you don't PK a friendly in a dungeon/highsec city sector and you won't have red SL issues.
    If you have some, it really means you deserve it.
    And the SL is clearly not "hurting the population" . . .

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    To be fair, dont forget there wasnt one scrap of code written to try to stop people exploiting it last time.....
    If something is implemented without any fore thought what so ever, you cant blame the abusers for abusing a mechanic.
    That's true.

If the code would check if it is the same runner that is being killed over and over again, or if the SL gain could only be gotten once per runner per day this could be a start to prohibit exploiting a feature like this.

right... because it's necessary to fix the code to make people stop abusing game mechanics, that clearly weren't intended. there will always be bugs and loopholes. that doesn't mean you should even consider using them. this is not a contest against the devs. you might see things like that in eve, where the devs applaud people who find loopholes in their thought processes but that's certainly not the rule and never should be. exploiting warrants a ban imho.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    right... because it's necessary to fix the code to make people stop abusing game mechanics, that clearly weren't intended. there will always be bugs and loopholes. that doesn't mean you should even consider using them. this is not a contest against the devs. you might see things like that in eve, where the devs applaud people who find loopholes in their thought processes but that's certainly not the rule and never should be. exploiting warrants a ban imho.
    Of coarse it does, im not pro cheater.
    However having said that, its really naive to say "people simply shouldnt do it". Things should be thought about before they are implemented. KK were just lazy in the past, there is no excuse when it comes to implementing things and having absolutely no mechanics to keep it within control and to keep it balanced. You cannot blame someone for breaking a law when the law was written badly.

You cannot blame someone for breaking a law when the law was written badly.
    yes i can. this is actually the reason why we can't have nice things, aka our law is overcomplicated to the point of being useless. i do understand the evolutionary need for gaining an advantage over others to be able to produce more fit offspring, but it's kind of time for our reptilian brains to realize that sometimes it's just overcompensating. probably because this overcompensation rewards us with delicious endorphins. stupid brain.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    yes i can. this is actually the reason why we can't have nice things, aka our law is overcomplicated to the point of being useless. i do understand the evolutionary need for gaining an advantage over others to be able to produce more fit offspring, but it's kind of time for our reptilian brains to realize that sometimes it's just overcompensating. probably because this overcompensation rewards us with delicious endorphins. stupid brain.

I have no idea what you're posting today. Reptile brains? Endorphins? Overcompensating? Too much caffiene?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Of coarse it does, im not pro cheater.
    However having said that, its really naive to say "people simply shouldnt do it". Things should be thought about before they are implemented. KK were just lazy in the past, there is no excuse when it comes to implementing things and having absolutely no mechanics to keep it within control and to keep it balanced. You cannot blame someone for breaking a law when the law was written badly.
    ^^This!
    It is not up to the player - most people will do the easiest thing to level/farm/get ahead.

It is up to the Developers to fix such Things, so it cant happen.
    This is quite a special case though, since it is now volunteers.
    But that there has been so many exploits in the past (back when it was KK running the show) is just unprofessional..

This is one of the (many) reasons why Im such a fan of the volunteer team..
    They actually try to FIX stuff, instead of just banning people, while turning the blind eye towards the exploit itself.
    Uh and they seems to be able to think ahead aswell.. And plan stuff!!
    <3 the volunteers!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I have no idea what you're posting today. Reptile brains? Endorphins? Overcompensating? Too much caffiene?
    if anything, too little.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast