Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

I'd be happy with that too Kame. Coincide that with the forth coming balancing and you have what should have been done years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If you increase the protection given from lower shields you buff spies AND pes.
    Since the resist nanites are kinda broken, I dont see why the spy cant or shouldnt have his shelter back. Either fix nanites or give spies access to shelter aswell. Personally Id like to have the choice between psi resists and nanite resists, because nanites require high TC and additionally IMP.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Since the resist nanites are kinda broken, I dont see why the spy cant or shouldnt have his shelter back. Either fix nanites or give spies access to shelter aswell. Personally Id like to have the choice between psi resists and nanite resists, because nanites require high TC and additionally IMP.
    Spy never technically 'had' shelter. They could use a single drug that gave +5 PSI to use it as long as they specced PSU in order to have enough PSI pool to cast it.
    However with the current bonuses of drugs it would now require 2 PSI drugs to get the +5PSI needed to hit 25 for shelter.

Anyhow, spies are still currently in a much better position with resists from nanites compared to the protection PE's currently get from PSI shields.

I'd very much be in favour or PE's having Blessed Def, Shelther and maybe lvl1 resist boosters available to them again.
    If that is far to much work however then just make the current shields that a PE can use actually worth while and competitive.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    Spy never technically 'had' shelter.

Anyhow, spies are still currently in a much better position with resists from nanites compared to the protection PE's currently get from PSI shields.
    Fair enough.

While it may be true that spies theoretically have better resists from nanites than PEs have from their psi shields, practically this it not true.
    Have you seen any spy use resist nanites in PVP? Because I have not! The reason for this is simple, it just takes too much time to inject 10x. This is why nobody bothers to use them.

You ask for viable and competitive shields (for PE) and so do I (for SPY).

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Fair enough.

Have you seen any spy use resist nanites in PVP?
    yep, his name is mace. but he hardly pvp's in city and its more practicle at ops to use ppu sheilds
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I have not seen another idea which solves this problem quite so succinctly. However that is my opinion and prone to bias of course.
    Agreed on that. Bias all the way baby. Its still a good idea. I personally feel the private eye must be considered seperately to the other classes so that it doesnt ruin another when trying to fix him. (thinking how he shares common attributes with the others eg rifles/pistols with the spy etc psi with the ppu and str with the tank in case of any headscratchers reading this thread. Fink too much make brain 'urt!

Now. As for the nanite discussion. GTFO this thread and make another one? seriously its a whole other line of thought/logic/reasoning and would be a great way to differentiate the classes.

I think of the difference between spies and pes as the difference between humans and elves. The elf is more refined and intelligent where as the human is rougher and tougher and much more straight forward and blunt (characteristically speaking) and should be reflected in style of play. I hate to use an elf analogy but its the only one i could think of straight away. The commoner and the aristocrat from medieaval times would be another great analogy. the spy doesnt want his clothes getting torn and dirty while killing people where as the pe mixes it up on the front line. the officer and the grunt is another.

So the spy injects himself full of odd chemicals and the pe puts his blind (some could argue less educated) faith in magics (psi).

Me. Im a pe at heart. absolutely.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Thank you. Please discuss nannites elsewhere.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Im not discussing nanites, there is a thread for that already, I simply stated that they are broken and why I (as a Spy) would like to have access to shelter aswell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12