für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Default Make bought items for different classes equal

Pistols are mostly bought "bad". Rifles are mostly bought "bad". Cannons are mostly bought "bad". Melee Weapons are mostly bought "bad". (There are a few normal exceptions I think).
    APU Spells are bought "better". PPU Spells are bought "better".

As far as I can see there is no reason for the imbalance. Either the Spells should be downgraded, or the other weapons upgraded. Or both, and they meet in the middle.

From experience I can say that it is quite good doable to level with bought APU spells, but not with Rifles and Cannons. Since a good level experience with bought items leaves out the traders, I'd say downgrade the spells or meet in the middle.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Eh...

Sorry but no I wouldn't spend any time on this. Nobody uses a store bought weapon (besides drones at a push) as they get researched and built by players. If you made them "good" then people would assume they are to use them and not ask/search for a tradeskiller.

Likewise no store would sell "shabby" weapons.

If it took 2 minutes to fix then maybe its worth doing but if not then it is not (in my opinion) worth bothering with.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Sorry but no I wouldn't spend any time on this.
    This should rarely be the most significant factor in your dis/approval of an idea in this brainport.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Sorry but no I wouldn't spend any time on this. Nobody uses a store bought weapon (besides drones at a push) as they get researched and built by players. If you made them "good" then people would assume they are to use them and not ask/search for a tradeskiller.
    I didn't write it because I wanted better quality in stores, but because I wanted it equal across items, and BECAUSE some of them could be used in bought quality?
    I may not agree
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    I didn't write it because I wanted better quality in stores, but because I wanted it equal across items, and BECAUSE some of them could be used in bought quality?
    But doing that would make people use them. I wouldn't want people to use them. I would want them to be asking why the guns are so shit so that they can learn about research and construction etc from players. If all other attempts at teaching them the game (ie the NPCs in MC5 and so on) then at the very least the HELP channel can steer them right.

I have seen players using store bought weapons because they didn't know any better. It is a situation I would wholly want to avoid if I was the man making the decisions.

Don't get me wrong I can see the thought behind it, I just have a different take on things. I mean no offence.

But doing that would make people use them. I wouldn't want people to use them. [...]
    Equal can also mean equally bad. I am okay with that. It would also be my favorite. But I find the equally bad or good part more important. Thats what i was trying to get across
    I may not agree
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

All quality should be normal imo (I think its around 55%).