Thread: Player Vendors

Default Player Vendors

The idea

I would like to create a more in depth trading economy within the world of Neocron by allowing players to set up shop so that others can browse and purchase their goods even while the user is offline.

The user would place either an NPC or vending machine (which could look like a CityCom, GoGu or other vending machine) that can be filled with items by the owner.

The unit would preferably be placed in an apartment or otherwise the vendor would be accessible via a general CityCom station from various locations around the world.

Functionality

Setting up the vendor;
    1. Runner purchases a player vendor;
    2. User right clicks the vendor to drop in items and set a price per unit (user could receive a pop-up requesting to browse or administrate the unit);
    3. Runner closes the vendor and places the vendor like an apartment item;

Using a vendor;
    1. Runner right clicks the vendor;
    2. Runner is presented with a regular NPC trade window;
    3. Runner selects and purchases items;
    4. Economy thrives!

Implementation

Of course my idea is subject to discussion, the vendor could work in many different ways and may be available to runners in may different ways. Limitations might be set differently, such as the vendor is non LE only (making it a black market).

I realize there would be a lot of coding involved but hey, can't fix Neocron through only small changes

Furthermore I would just like to note that I think this would be great to further stimulate tradeskillers to work as well as stimulate people to buy (money sink!!!).

Apologies to all the Neocron Code Monkey's reading this thinking "fuck off man!"

We are the CityMercs

Even the most crude version of this would be fantastic.
    They should be put somewhere wheres not much action atm (Outzone?)

good idea. and yea it would also be good idea to place the vendors to unused areas wich are still looking for a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    good idea. and yea it would also be good idea to place the vendors to unused areas wich are still looking for a purpose.
    I like this part. Oz mall would be perfect.

So essentially this thing is a gogu storage unit with a vendor interface if you're not the owner.... I am not sure how the owner would set prices or WHY you would need to visit the Oz to buy this stuff so I would assume that a smuggler type would be better but I would expect him to cost a fuck load of money to buy.

My only concern is with 300+ players has the server load really got room for another 300 gogus in one or two zones?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Why not place this item dispenser or vendor/smuggler in your apartment hallway? You can then announce on trade or the forum what items can be purchased and in which apartment.
    The money cap might cause some problems here. Lets say you have 15 mil creds and sell (multiple) item(s) xxz for 10mil. Will the money be transfered directly and immediately or do you get a cheque you can cash in at some later date?
    Not a big problem I guess when you keep this in mind from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Why not place this item dispenser or vendor/smuggler in your apartment hallway? You can then announce on trade or the forum what items can be purchased and in which apartment.
    That's a very good idea for the player vendors! It solves the issue that you can never have enough vendors in one place for all players 'cause you'd need 1000 vendors for that !

If I may expand on your idea: Something similar could be possible too with one central player shop where you also enter the name of the player. It would be similar to the appartment lift, but you would simply get a vendor window to see and buy what that specific player has to sell.

To put items into this player vendor a GG interface could be used too, like it was suggested before.

One big difficulty would be setting the prices, I guess. That's a whole new functionality there.

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    The money cap might cause some problems here. Lets say you have 15 mil creds and sell (multiple) item(s) xxz for 10mil. Will the money be transfered directly and immediately or do you get a cheque you can cash in at some later date?
    Not a big problem I guess when you keep this in mind from the start.
    I'd really like to know: What's the reason for a player money cap in Neocron or in MMOs generally? Is it a technical issue because it puts a strain on the database somehow? Or does it have a gameplay reason? The number interests me too. IIRC it's 20 mill in NC. Why exactly that number?

This same kind of feature was in a game called darkfall. I believe the vendors were drops from mobs.. rare drops. so not everyone had one. and if you got one you could sell it to someone who might need it more.

I do have to say i like the vendor in apt hallway idea.. but.. would be nice to setup a marketplace.. you could even make some place in the wastelands for this purpose. So people who got this vendor could place it in this area.. and youd have to make it so that the money have to be collected from the vendor.. i believe the maximum credit you can have is 20million right? so if you had stuff to sell for more than that there would be a problem..