für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Default Ingame Information System

When talking to a few different people recently, and reading help channels, I noticed a few things:

1) Not everyone reads the forum. (Quite obvious, but worth noting). In fact it seems not even the majority does.
    2) When you are ingame you only notice events when you are there.

It seems to me it would be very helping with the RPG part if developments could be better accessed ingame.

I had a few ideas for that:

1) Make an ingame speechband, broadcasting the latest news (scrolling to the side). I am thinking on a glowing line of text, like ther are many in NC. The Texture might be applied in Plaza 1 for example. Examples for text:

"President Jack Red Murdered! Martial Law in Effect. Read City Com for details"
    "Law Enforcer Tax Enabled for hightened security of citizens. Read City Com for details"

2) A larger information board, where the recent news can be read. Might be like the boards that are around, just a bit alrger and maybe displaying the last 5 headlines in static.

3) Ties into the above: Reenabling of the City Com Forums. There was a time when all the news of Neocronicle or Voice of the Resistance where also written in the ingame forums (simply copy and paste I think).

4) Make information about important Persons avaiable via NPCs or CityCom
    Many people did not know who Jack Red was. If there were a NPC in front of City Admin HQ (like a herald) for example, telling everyone of the great President, when things develop telling of the hunt for Alex Mendez and so on a few more might know whats going on.

In think everything that makes information avaiable ingame helps the RPG Part of the game along.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I'd love to see the web forum some when implemented into the city com forum. Would be awzum! But hard to realize i think.

The live ticker feed could be implemented into the interface but that would probably require a redesign. Especially for all the custom RPOS users. Implementing that feed into the game world via textures is even more difficult i guess.

But the Devs could maybe implement a spambot solution that broadcasts current news via the chat.

Either that or they concoct something upon the Outpost Billboard system.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

A 'poster' style bulletin would be great, maybe pulling data from an RSS or something?

ingame email from the neocronicle?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?