Default Insert Timer to counter Sync-Laming

Hey there,

Since the latest update I did some fights in Pepper Park and so on. A problem occured to me which I call "Sync-Laming"
    My definition of it:
    "Synching into a levelzone while getting shot at and instantly return to the previous zone to evade fire constantly".

One example to clarify the issue: Fought a spy in Pepper Park Sec. 3 who was able to use the two appartment syncs (typing in "-") and the sewer sync to his benefit by constantly synching in and out of the zones. I was able to kill him finally but the "fight" took like 8 minutes. He's never even tried to shoot back nor did he try to escape in a normal (stealth/run) way.
    The problem is that hits don't register when the player you shot at syncs the second later.

My suggestion to counter that behaviour:

Implement a timer:
    When you want to sync into a levelzone you should do that on purpose of leveling and not just because you want to evade the fight. There is no point for a high level character to sync into sewer level 1 except the occasional symp missions he wants to do. If he wants to sync in he gets a timer of 5-10 seconds until he is able to sync back.

Same for Outpost-Undergrounds: If you want to sync into the underground it should happen because you are heavily damaged and not just because you got focussed and want to evade fire. Runner syncing under ground should not be able to instantly return to the battlefield. A timer of one minute should do the trick.

PS: and get that minus-appartment deleted -.-

Any thoughts on this one?

Nabbl's got a point here; there is a reason why logging off has a timer on it, it's a little silly that you can easily avoid this by zoning out of a zone quickly.

Zone whoring on a border will be hard to avoid I presume, but maybe zones where you have to click an object to zone out will be easier.

A few second time sounds nice to me, maybe 2 or 3 seconds.

Click, 1, 2, zone.

Should be enough to remove it's efficiency.

tanks sind imba ;P

i agree this is a problem. it is not only annoying when people do this, actually it should be considered an exploit.

i dont know about the solution. maybe after 2-3 syncs in a row you get an automatic timer no matter what zone? maybe something like this would be less annoying for people who actually go and explore sewers.. or role-play, support with ppu etc.

I suggest they fix APU's before contemplating this else you'll spend all your time getting poked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I suggest they fix APU's before contemplating this else you'll spend all your time getting poked.

Im with you but honestly Nabbl makes a great point. It is true. People need to stop hugging zonelines and actually grow a set.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Im with you but honestly Nabbl makes a great point. It is true. People need to stop hugging zonelines and actually grow a set.
    I agree with Nabbi too, but its the only way to play an APU unless you grab a PPU.

Yea lets help the Grievers out more! NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Yea lets help the Grievers out more! NOT!
    You should probably look on e-bay for some new brain cells because I think you just burned your last one with another ridiculous post.

This doesn't help anybody griefing, it stops the griefers from being able to get away and actually discourages them from fighting if they cant run off when they get hit back. It is actually beneficial.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You should probably look on e-bay for some new brain cells because I think you just burned your last one with another ridiculous post.

This doesn't help anybody griefing, it stops the griefers from being able to get away and actually discourages them from fighting if they cant run off when they get hit back. It is actually beneficial.
    it doesn't help people who are just passing to return to safety if they are getting attacked. instead they should wait at the zone entrance for 10s? also, what's with wasteland zones. you can easily pass 3 zones in a matter of seconds by foot, what about vhcs?

i'd rather see an immunity timer that doesn't allow you being attacked or attack after zoning!

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    it doesn't help people who are just passing to return to safety if they are getting attacked. instead they should wait at the zone entrance for 10s? also, what's with wasteland zones. you can easily pass 3 zones in a matter of seconds by foot, what about vhcs?!
    Did you read my initial post? :-)

I talked about "levelzones" like caves and sewers which shouldn't be abused for synch laming. Normal Zoneline borders are usually not that much of a problem as you are visible a lot longer for the enemy player.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Did you read my initial post? :-)

I talked about "levelzones" like caves and sewers which shouldn't be abused for synch laming. Normal Zoneline borders are usually not that much of a problem as you are visible a lot longer for the enemy player.
    this could be fatal. especially in regants or caves. you zone in. already take damage before you can see what's going on and then can't return outside to safety.

Unofficial Community Project

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    this could be fatal. especially in regants or caves. you zone in. already take damage before you can see what's going on and then can't return outside to safety.
    Do you really think that this is an issue?
    With synching inside a level zone you should have to make a choice wether you want to level there or not.
    And at the Regants argument: Regants-Cave is too easy anyway AND should never be an argument. (since it is the buggiest cave of all times) :P