Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why wont you die!

So 2 bankruptcies in, i had really written the crack of as deceased. Finding out that it still lives has been a pleasant surprise, to this day i don't think i have ever been as involved in a community as i was with Neocron. It even got me assassinated a few times, MOTU 2006 made my life in NC particularly "interesting".

But i am still trying to piece things together, how is the game even running without any kind of monitization? Who is in charge now that KK has gone under? And how much of the old team actually remains?

Oh and is MOTU coming back? Because i have this referee outfit collecting dust in the back of my closet. :P

Welcome back!

Neocron is currently looking better than it ever has in my opinion.

Currently Neocron is supported by the voluntary support crew which consists of many of the old crew.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showgroups.php

Patch level is currently 183 and many old bugs have been fixed. There are a lot more updates coming out which properly fix things than ever and game world + storyline content is starting to develop and come along nicely too.

Current President of Neocron: None

Jack Red was assassinated last week!

I'd suggest you take a look at the Development Updates as well as the patch notes, you'll find some interesting changes in regard to the LE, SL, Disruptor damage, etc

Also, everyone is currently playing on a new server (there is only 1 retail server (Titan)) so you will have to start fresh.

At server peak times the figure reaches 450 sometimes, usually during working hours about 100-150.

SXR is still around too, they could use some more fighters :P

Don't eat that yellow snow

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the way I've heard is that keeping the servers running after KK's bankruptcy was funded by Kirk Lenke personally from his own money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but the way I've heard is that keeping the servers running after KK's bankruptcy was funded by Kirk Lenke personally from his own money.
    Kirk and members of the Voluntary Support Team have chipped in to keep the bills paid and fund better infrastructure. In that context it should be mentioned that the amount of bills to be paid has decreased very significantly due to the fact that all work is now performed without any monetary compensation. That includes development, support and infrastructure maintenance. The game and the services around it are currently maintained and worked on by volunteers, exclusively. Otherwise it would not be possible to provide the Neocron 2 experience free of charge, as is currently.
    As for KK members on the team, a number of old support staff that have been on KKs payroll (a long time ago) are still with us.
    Namely Danae, Nidhogg and Hoder.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    SXR is still around too, they could use some more fighters :P
    I know, i never really stoped checking back in with SXR. At this point SXR is for life, or until FN stops paying for server hosting. :P I am also trying to get hold of Brammers to get my admin privileges back on the wiki.

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solid-rock View Post
    I know, i never really stoped checking back in with SXR. At this point SXR is for life, or until FN stops paying for server hosting. :P I am also trying to get hold of Brammers to get my admin privileges back on the wiki.
    I'll see what I can do on the wiki for you - is it the same username ? If not, PM me your username from the wiki.
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by nEo-1664 View Post
    I'll see what I can do on the wiki for you - is it the same username ? If not, PM me your username from the wiki.
    Yes but with a space instead of a dash, i'm on the admin list under founders as-well.

Yes but with a space instead of a dash, i'm on the admin list under founders as-well.
    You know you don't need admin privs to edit the wiki, but I'll let you have them back. Good to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    You know you don't need admin privs to edit the wiki, but I'll let you have them back. Good to see you back.
    I know, i need admin privileges to feel like a bigshot. :P

Phoenix Ltd- Chief of Security james_finn's Avatar

I know, i need admin privileges to feel like a bigshot. :P
    Welcome back! Damn, more and more people coming back, really should poke my head back into the game (and do some wiki updates...)!*cough cough* patch notes need updating

Quote Originally Posted by james_finn View Post
    Welcome back! Damn, more and more people coming back, really should poke my head back into the game (and do some wiki updates...)!*cough cough* patch notes need updating
    Yea, someone should get on that. I'm afraid i cant, you see, I'm allergic to change.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    In that context it should be mentioned that the amount of bills to be paid has decreased very significantly due to the fact that all work is now performed without any monetary compensation.
    So, please hurry up and get a Paypal account for donation sorted out, and we can ply you all with money

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

So 2 bankruptcies in, i had really written the crack of as deceased. Finding out that it still lives has been a pleasant surprise,
    If the nuclear holocaust does happen, cockroaches and Neocron are the only two things that will survive.

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by james_finn View Post
    Yea, someone should get on that. I'm afraid i cant, you see, I'm allergic to change.
    You both clearly haven't been on the patch notes for some time... I updated these last night! :P
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast