Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No, the whole class isn't inviable. With the right setting you can beat the s**t out of everything
    I'm a PE lover, my first class back in Neocron Beta was a PE, later in retail I got a PE, and on every other Server, too

The "you can do all, but nothing right" thing on that class, is what I like. But when they changed the requirements for the spells the PE was downgraded a lil bit, cause he couldn't use all the spells like before and now you loose focussing trough the MC5 Chips and most settings need 2 of them for the PE.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

the pe is neocron to me. i cannot wait till balancing comes for that class. i will play mine to death. i love him that much. i wish for server transfers though as mine on terra is my original one from uranus when i started and the sentimental value is important.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

You don't really need to change the PE caps when it's far easier to alter the reqs and performance of the spells you might want them to be able to use.

Psi Shield is a wasted opportunity, it could provide a means for PEs to be more viable as the low-offence, high-defence class they are meant to be.

Low offence high defence? So tanks without the power. No thanks. I'd rather have a decent offensive capability than the poor excuse we currently have. The problem with making psi resist work with psi shield however is you would shaft apus first off even more than now and spies and pes would become even more powerful. Ppus too most likely.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. Complex stuff this balancing.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Low offence high defence? So tanks without the power. No thanks. I'd rather have a decent offensive capability than the poor excuse we currently have.
    Somewhat depends on the difference between high and low. To what extent do the four classes differ overall in their respective offense/defense power? 10%? 50%? What that number is is a matter of debate.
    The PE (personally) should have a higher defence than tanks, otherwise they simply don't fit into the spectrum of offensive classes. Psi is where they pull their defensive capacity above tanks, which is currently lacking in the extreme.

pe having more defence than a tank........
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    pe having more defence than a tank........
    Pe has less offensive capability than a spy clearly, as his DEX is less. Point wise the cap is not that large as it seem because DEX is the Main Stat for PEs (more point at the start).
    They have decent CON and STR, making for some Armors and Resists.
    The Rest should be done by PSI, especially considering that Foreign casts are less strong than self casts. Plus the small stealth.

I am not a PE Player anymore, but at least that is in my eyes how it should work, that PEs are very capable defensive wise. It was screwed as soon as a PPU showed up, and I don't know how the situation is today, but theoretically the idea of more defence (which doesn't mean having more raw hit points without doing anything) is sound.

Just to remind, thats theory there, as we are talking about "should"
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

ok personal thought is he should have more defenses than a spy naturally through psi and con but not the same as a tank. thats my thought. If anything some on par with the tank or just below it would be good but dont make them ultra defensive without an offense. I think it should be roughly equal but allows for a different style of play with mechanics than a tank.

shield degradation over time is an example along with the fact the pe can heal himself (if heals werent shit compared to nanites) which means he can keep his shields/health longer than a spy etc. Its survivability in essence. the tank doesnt have this. he has his armour and his con which is his key to survival. the pe has to use smarts and watch his shields etc but also means he has to make sure he has good ones.

This is where the private eye becomes more of a labour of love to make him great in a players eyes. you spend the time making all his kit where as a tank just throws on his armour and goes at it. im not against the pe having stronger D than the tank but i do think it would be a little odd. equality would be better. he definitely needs more offense though. I personally think the pe should be treated seperately from the other classes however. he is the jack of all trades as everyone always says. so he should be handled in this sense rather than trying to compare him to the other classes who are all superior in each of the core skills than he is.
    Something is wrong.

Private eyes should have the 2nd best defence in the game (of the offensive classes) I agree but not at the cost of their offence! I want to be able to still kill people as a pe!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Sektenspinner aus Leidenschaft hajoan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satan2k2 View Post
    You need 2 implants + drug + psi eye for focussing to use the rezz. Or more than one drug.
    I were told that so often but ist not true.
    44 PSI, 95 PPU and 51 Focus should be enaugh, eh?

OK this just a posibility and PvP is Harakiri with it but with some changes PvE is realy possible.

So with some changes (and without the LE) there are posiblities that were ignored so often.

You just Need to believe in Crahn to find a way.
    Last edited by hajoan; 12-05-13 at 19:55.

Yeah, now you have 3 brain psi imps + eye and no offense (pistol or rifle) with imps

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz

Sektenspinner aus Leidenschaft hajoan's Avatar

OK, I would use the '2 implants + drug + psi eye ' Version you already wrote
    So when I need the rezz for rezzing the PPU I would take one drug and thats it.

But its possible without drugs and for driving people to the MB the non drug Version would work for me

The REAL Walker

Yeah, now you have 3 brain psi imps + eye and no offense (pistol or rifle) with imps
    Happy? Took me a woopin' 3mins to make..

Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Happy? Took me a woopin' 3mins to make..

Did you read what I was writing before? That's exactly what I mean

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz

The REAL Walker

Did you read what I was writing before? That's exactly what I mean
    Only the thing I quoted.

The setup I posted only only uses 2 psi implants in total.
    And with 220 RC, you can do quite a lot of damage. The setup is at the speed-cap (softcap my ass). And it has OK'ish resists.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast