The failure on 2.2 should be blamed on KK and no-one else. KK never finished the balancing project and rushed it to retail.

I know out there there on the forums there is some very angry posts out there on the subject from me, and I do remember having a very angry rant with Snowcrash over MSN at the time as well.

Anyway I trust the new support team to get it right. Anyone remember past nerfs by KK, and the community would flame KK to hell and back? Well I've not seen any of that around here when the dissy and AK got nerfed.

OK SWEET NOW WE CAN BLAME MORE PEOPLE!!!

What do we burn apart from witches!!!!!

MOAR WITCHES!!!!

Seriously though I like Doc's idea. It is all well and good people griping and sniping at one another but we do need to put our money where our mouths are and actually test stuff. Not just bug reporting but actual balancing too. There are enough guys in the community (and girls probably) who know a LOT about NC mechanics and can accurately and IMPARTIALLY judge this stuff and suggest improvements.

Yes we will all have our biases (I know Walker and I will both try to stealthily implement boosts for the Private Eye and Brammers will put a hex on anything that looks remotely bad for Tech Haven) but we do have a lot of experience (over 100 years worth I would guess) between us.

Lets put it to good use.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Anyway I trust the new support team to get it right. Anyone remember past nerfs by KK, and the community would flame KK to hell and back? Well I've not seen any of that around here when the dissy and AK got nerfed.
    Needless to say that the volunteer team released two patches recently and didn't break anything which would require a hotfix.
    (did anyone notice? :P)

I am very confident that they will do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    For example KKs idea to balance everything on Techlevel.
    This is a prime example of an idea that might have worked as a general principle/guideline for item distribution but was implemented without any thought for how it impacted on the classes and the game, far too rigid and blind.

You ended up with armour groups who's reqs straddled a classes' caps, implants that were over or underpowered for their intended use, the accentuation of imbalances that already existed, useless item groups (especially armour), items unavailable to classes that needed them and similar poorly thought-out alterations to how items interacted with gameplay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12